so what if...?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » so what if...?
papercut
8/25/11 11:56:27AM
the other day I was thinking to myself, "what if everyone in MMA fought at their natural weight?" like whatever they walk around at. how successful would some of these dominant champs be? this thought wouldn't apply to a majority of the heavyweight division though.

what are some of your thoughts?
emfleek
8/25/11 11:57:20AM

Posted by papercut

the other day I was thinking to myself, "what if everyone in MMA fought at their natural weight?" like whatever they walk around at. how successful would some of these dominant champs be? this thought wouldn't apply to a majority of the heavyweight division though.

Gina Carano would rule the HW division.

cowcatcher
8/25/11 11:58:59AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by papercut

You bastard.
Poor_Franklin
8/25/11 12:00:06PM
BJ would be fighting in the HW division.
Theoutlaw08
8/25/11 12:05:07PM
It would be fun to see. Rampage is a pretty fat dude when hes not training.
emfleek
8/25/11 12:07:55PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by emfleek

You bastard.

prophecy033
8/25/11 12:31:52PM
Tim Sylvia would be fighting Gorillas
cowcatcher
8/25/11 12:48:55PM

Posted by prophecy033

Tim Sylvia would be fighting Gorillas

With trunks designed by his sponsor, Depends adult diapers.
DeadHead988
8/25/11 11:39:31PM
That's more or less how it is in Japanese mma. There are advantages and disadvantages but overall I'm a fan of minor weight cutting (5-10 pounds) but I feel that anything more is like taking advantage of the system and I lose a lot of respect for many of the fighters who cut tremendous amounts. I know that it's become a necessary evil (I myself cut about 10 pounds to make my weight class), but I really wish that it didn't have to be.
Pookie
8/28/11 3:35:20AM
Frankie Edgar and Anderson Silva don't cut water weight, they probably would be the most successful.

Dominick Cruz & Aldo, i don't know enough about their cutting habits to predict.

Georges, i don't think his chin would hold up at MW, and seeing as how he fights heavier(the day of) than Anderson, we'd probably get the dream match we all want.

Jon Jones, i don't think he's ready for HW. But he probably would bulk up alot and could do well with more mass.

HW, well the division would look the same, with the exception of Carwin, Lesnar, and Bigfoot. They'd be too big to make it. Especially Bigfoot.
BuffaloDave
9/1/11 3:11:37PM
Wouldn't see much of a difference with Nelson.

Anthony Johnson would get destroyed at HW

Don't we see Paul Daley fight at his normal weight every time he fights, since he is always missing weight?