Who would be

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who would be
Pookie
5/2/07 3:18:30PM
the best match-up against Minotauro when he makes his debut(for entertainment purposes as well as competition for him) in the ufc heavyweight division.
pv3Hpv3p
5/2/07 3:28:41PM
I would like to see him vs AA, but I think it will be Vera...
hathcock32
5/2/07 4:06:43PM
Justin McCulley.....it would be an exciting match...on the feet and on the ground...and a opponet Minatauro should beat.
tepid55
5/2/07 4:08:17PM
I would like to see Nogueira vs Herring.
cowcatcher
5/2/07 4:11:55PM
im really hoping for vera, im kinda thinking that even though dana said if AA beat werdum hed be next in line after the GG/CC match for a shot at the belt that because of AAs less than stellar performance he might be CC's next opponent, although i could see obrien(if he wins) being next for either of them as well
hook_tothe_body
5/2/07 4:44:12PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I would like to see him vs AA, but I think it will be Vera...

I would like to see AA/Nog as well. But I agree with you when you say Vera will most likely fight Nog.

Vera/Nog will be a great fight, too. Vera I think is a little better than Nog on the feet, but Nog does have good boxing skills.

My perdiction would be Nog winning but submission. Vera is a good fighter but has never fought anyone like Nog. Or even an A-level fighter.
rcg916
5/2/07 4:49:31PM

Posted by hathcock32

Justin McCulley.....it would be an exciting match...on the feet and on the ground...and a opponet Minatauro should beat.

Are you serious? McCully was gassed 4 minutes into the fight, and just because Hardonk rolled over and gave up... do you really think Nog would? No way.

Nog by sub, round 1
pv3Hpv3p
5/2/07 5:08:17PM

Posted by hook_tothe_body

Vera/Nog will be a great fight, too. Vera I think is a little better than Nog on the feet, but Nog does have good boxing skills.

My perdiction would be Nog winning but submission. Vera is a good fighter but has never fought anyone like Nog. Or even an A-level fighter.

I agree with your prediction, but when it comes to standup, IMO, Nog's chin would nullify any advantage Vera would have in the striking department, and like you mentioned, BigNog's boxing skills are nothing to be laughed at...

All in all, I would say that this would be a very tough fight for Brandon, and I'll stick with your prediction Nog via sub... To Vera's credit, I'll say rd 3 though
xchickox
5/2/07 5:42:35PM
it would be good to see him against arlovski but i cant wait for the rumoured vera fight thats gonna be impressive
hook_tothe_body
5/2/07 11:01:37PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by hook_tothe_body

I agree with your prediction, but when it comes to standup, IMO, Nog's chin would nullify any advantage Vera would have in the striking department, and like you mentioned, BigNog's boxing skills are nothing to be laughed at...

All in all, I would say that this would be a very tough fight for Brandon, and I'll stick with your prediction Nog via sub... To Vera's credit, I'll say rd 3 though

You're right, Nog does have a really good chin. He can take some bombs.

Vera is better at throwing knees and kicks and of course elbows.

But to Nogs credit we haven't seen him throw many knees (standing up) and kicks. So you never know, he could be really good at knees.
mkiv9secsupra
5/2/07 11:37:55PM

Posted by hathcock32

what?! he was giving out submissions every ten seconds...then had horrible wrestling.....and was even worse on the feet.

fight prediciton......nog by fastest sub in mma history...
Stickan
5/3/07 9:53:42AM

Posted by hathcock32

Yes. I totally agree. It's the perfect match-up and the perfect build-up for Nog.
Really good match-making by Joe Silva. We all saw how Justin gave away free subs to Hardonk and even almost got submitted by the guy.... a kickboxer!.

I like this fight.
Pookie
5/3/07 1:14:36PM
Putting him against mcculley is malicious. Incredibly mean, by any standards.
pv3Hpv3p
5/22/07 2:42:55PM
So whadayaguys think?

Put him in against Herring, a guy that they were still seemingly building a fanbase for... And they've already fought a couple of times?

Should be a good fight, but I just don't get it...
Mastodon2
5/22/07 3:34:06PM
Id like to see him up against Herring, might make Heath feel like he is home again and put in a really good performance like he used to.

Either way, I think Nog will steamroller through UFC until he comes up against Cro Cop.
nubby
5/22/07 4:05:57PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Id like to see him up against Herring, might make Heath feel like he is home again and put in a really good performance like he used to.

Either way, I think Nog will steamroller through UFC until he comes up against Cro Cop.

Just like Crocop was goign to steamroll the UFC? Pride nut huggers don't want to admit UFC has talent even without the Pride fighters.
pv3Hpv3p
5/22/07 4:37:18PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by Mastodon2

Just like Crocop was goign to steamroll the UFC? Pride nut huggers don't want to admit UFC has talent even without the Pride fighters.

I think Big Nog just has a lot to admire in a fighter, no matter what org you are a bigger fan of... His standup keeps improving which should excite casual fans, and his subs are always top drawer... He's a really well rounded fighter that's hard not to like...

To say he'll steamroll a the HW div maybe jumping the gun a little, but considering that the two loses for the "Pride" hvy's have been from ground guys, I would think that Nog's style is better suited to succeed against this sort of comp... And call me a nutthugger if you will, but I don't see anyone KOing him any time soon...
keith-hackney1
5/22/07 4:59:49PM
Been given Heath herring isnt it ???
Would love to see him against big tim as tim's 1 round comeback loss fight !!!!
kaduey
5/23/07 9:18:03PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by Mastodon2

NUBBY THE NUTHUGGER. this guy talks alot of verbal diarrhea.
Believe-in-judo81
5/23/07 11:11:44PM
Herring should be an Entertaining fight, the first two were entertaining. Besides that I would like to see him in with AA and Couture (I think Randy is a more interesting match-up than Gonzaga). After that, if he has the belt or is invited back fights with Gonzaga and a CC rematch would be great.
blkssncpt
5/24/07 10:31:06AM

Posted by hathcock32

No way Nog would dominate McCulley... Hardonk almost got the sub on him in thier fight and the only reason he didnt get it was because he didnt pull back with his legs so think what Nog could do to him on the ground....
Pookie
5/24/07 1:17:19PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by Mastodon2

Cro-cop didnt train for the gonzaga fight. On a rematch between the two Ill give you 2:1 odds cro-cop will knock him out.

... and i think minotauro is better than cro-cop