Never Back Down 2

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Never Back Down 2
Budgellism
4/9/11 1:39:52AM
I'm watching Fighting Words With Mike Straka right now and Eddie Bravo is the guest this week. He said that Never Back Down 1 was bad and too much like the Fast and the Furious (I think we can all agree with that).

He said he's choreographing a lot of the fight scenes for the new movie and that it has an entirely new director. There are also a bunch of 10th planet jui jitsu guys in the movie as well he said. I for one am pretty excited to see if they can actually produce a great mma movie.
hashyandy4
4/9/11 2:21:48AM

Posted by Budgellism

I'm watching Fighting Words With Mike Straka right now and Eddie Bravo is the guest this week. He said that Never Back Down 1 was bad and too much like the Fast and the Furious (I think we can all agree with that).

He said he's choreographing a lot of the fight scenes for the new movie and that it has an entirely new director. There are also a bunch of 10th planet jui jitsu guys in the movie as well he said. I for one am pretty excited to see if they can actually produce a great mma movie.

Wow, good to know. NBD 1 was terrible, hopefully eddie can clean it up, maybe get korean zombie to twister somebody lol
Chael_Sonnen
4/9/11 2:22:33AM
Yeah, I watched that interview tonight on HDNet.....solid stuff
grappler0000
4/9/11 2:27:19AM
The writer and director will be key. Bas helped with the choreography in the first one, but good fight scenes don't make a movie. Hope for the best, I guess.
Budgellism
4/9/11 3:39:03AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Yeah, I watched that interview tonight on HDNet.....solid stuff

What was going on at the end there? I was so confused. Was that scripted or did some guy just run in and they decided to go with it?
Twenty20Dollars
4/9/11 12:06:26PM
Go see Warrior when it comes out, looks much better than any of these other fight movies, like Never Back Down, Fighter, Red Belt.

It's got Tom Hardy in it and some guy who looks like Chael Sonnen, oh and josh rosenthal.

link
postman
4/9/11 1:10:29PM
I have not been this disintrested since NBD 1
kopower
4/9/11 2:06:03PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Go see Warrior when it comes out, looks much better than any of these other fight movies, like Never Back Down, Fighter, Red Belt.

It's got Tom Hardy in it and some guy who looks like Chael Sonnen, oh and josh rosenthal.

link

I just watched the trailer on IMDB. Looks pretty solid.
Budgellism
4/9/11 5:22:42PM

link

That looks pretty good too. I'm interested to see if they can make these movies worth watching. I've been dying for a good mma movie.
PABLOMAFIOSO
4/9/11 7:52:37PM
Never back down was a terrible Hollywood style massacre but it did show the average meathead a bit of what MMA is about. If Eddie is involved with NBD2 it will hopefully show a more realistic side of things. A movie which is predominantly focused on the fighter rather than the BS highschool/college love story would be welcome.
LuckyCharms
4/9/11 8:55:02PM
Actually, I thought Never Back Down was okay to me. Yeah , it had that high school/ love story thing going on but I enjoy the fight scenes in the movie.
Twenty20Dollars
4/10/11 12:16:45AM
I liked Djimon Hounsou in NBD1 and Amber Heard is hot, but other than that ehh.
Budgellism
4/10/11 9:30:38AM

I liked Djimon Hounsou in NBD1 and Amber Heard is hot, but other than that ehh.

Amber Heard is stupidly hot. Let's get a nude scene in NBD2, lol. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would want that.