Just Got Back...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Just Got Back...
zephead
7/19/09 11:36:29PM
.. from the STP concert, THEY KICKED MAJOR AZZ!!!! They were smokin. Scott made it through the whole concert without nodding off. They were loud and proud. Played everything. One of the best shows I've ever seen
breakdown5
7/19/09 11:52:58PM
That is pretty sweet. Never got to see STP, one of the few bands I really dig that I never got a chance to see live.

zephead
7/19/09 11:55:56PM
This was the last date on this leg of the tour, theyll be heading back out. Go see them if you get the chance
Jackelope
7/20/09 12:38:55AM
Told ya they would be kickass. You forget how many hits STP has until they rock a 2 hour set virtually non stop full of hits. They were one of the best concerts I've ever seen when I saw them earlier this year, too.

Was Weiland wasted?
hippysmacker
7/20/09 1:13:48AM
Saw them open for Megadeath and infectious grooves right before they were famous. Got to admit the crowd didn't take to them too much back then, until he brought out the megaphone and did dead and bloated. That was original. I will never forget when Scott first walked out on stage, becuase he was wearing a 7-up delivery drivers jacket, and that just cracked me up for some reason .
zephead
7/20/09 5:45:01AM

Posted by Jackelope

Told ya they would be kickass. You forget how many hits STP has until they rock a 2 hour set virtually non stop full of hits. They were one of the best concerts I've ever seen when I saw them earlier this year, too.

Was Weiland wasted?

It was funny, when they did a close up of him, he looked toasted, but he did the whole show and sounded great.
roadking95th
7/22/09 1:22:14AM
I was there too. It was a great show. Couldn't tell if he was wasted because he was.

I don't know what the my price limit for beer is, but apparently $8 for 24 oz of BudLight(yuck) isn't it
urbman
7/22/09 5:53:17PM
I had the chance to see STP at a small venue before Scott started the rehab tour ,and as stated previously they sounded great.Someone also mentioned $8.00 beers,I just attended Crue Fest this past weekend in Camden ,NJ and beers there were $9.50 each for yuengling lagers and then they look at you like you should be tipping them too.
zephead
7/22/09 8:34:45PM
I lost count at 10 beers. I think I was approaching Scotts level of wastedness. He still rocked the house
cowcatcher
7/22/09 8:55:00PM

Posted by zephead

I lost count at 10 beers. I think I was approaching Scotts level of wastedness. He still rocked the house

now i have to wonder if maybe only you and scott thought he sounded good
zephead
7/22/09 10:18:15PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by zephead

now i have to wonder if maybe only you and scott thought he sounded good

I thought the same thing until I read the reviwes on ticketmaster from people that went. THey all said he also sounded great
roadking95th
7/23/09 12:08:47AM
LOL, I was thinking the same thing! I know I had at least 8 of those bad boys in about 4 hrs.

I thought he sounded good, so I guess that is all that matters.
Jackelope
7/23/09 1:05:35AM
Haha, reading this thread is bringing back memories for me. When Weiland busted out the megaphone and started singing Crackerman I went nuts. I was so drunk that I could hardly believe what was going on around me. There was a fire alarm going off in the concert hall and security had no idea what to do. Amidst the confusion everyone rushed the pit area and upgraded their seats 20 fold. If there had really been a blaze we'd have all died, but luckily for us there wasn't, and my drunk ass upgraded to pit tickets at no charge