Which would you rather see?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Which would you rather see?
POLL: What would you rather see?
Rashad vs. Machida 39% (21)
Rashad vs. Rampage 57% (31)
or Rashad vs. Mike Patt LOL 4% (2)
chickmagnet
3/9/09 11:21:58PM
I personally would rather see Rampage vs. Rashad, I think Rampage would knock evans cold in the opening minutes. I am a huge fan of Machida so I would like to see Rampage beat Rashad than Machida beat Rampage for the title, I think Machida matches up better with Rampage than Rashad due to the speed.

But yes I think Rampage vs. Rashad would be FOTY contender even if it ends in the first round, I think Rampage will land the right hand on Rashads chin and Rashad will crumble...Finally YES!!! Then Machida will get a super fight with Rampage which will be a great 5 rounder.
gsquat
3/10/09 12:29:34AM
Rashad/Rampage would be the best. I can't be sure what would've come of Rashad/Machida. Could be boring, could be explosive (or elusive ).
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
3/10/09 12:30:54AM
either way , when the smoke clears , machida will be champ
SpiderSilva
3/10/09 1:52:40AM
Machita vs Rampage
Wolfenstein
3/10/09 2:14:15AM
I'd rather see Machida, but I'm stoked about either matchup.
PABLOMAFIOSO
3/10/09 4:15:55AM
After seeing Rampage against Forrest and Jardine I think he will lose to Rashad. Anyone who does not wanna stand and bang with him (not Wandy) seems to cause him problems. Rashad is too fast and the only way Rampage will win is via KO, Rashad will out point him if it goes the distance IMO.
cmill21
3/10/09 4:25:01AM

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

After seeing Rampage against Forrest and Jardine I think he will lose to Rashad. Anyone who does not wanna stand and bang with him (not Wandy) seems to cause him problems. Rashad is too fast and the only way Rampage will win is via KO, Rashad will out point him if it goes the distance IMO.

He had problems against Jardine? I'm not going to lie, beating Chuck the way he did didn't surprise me, beating Forrest isn't really a big deal to me, I think it's all made Rashad a touch overrated. Yes his hands are fast but he's always very open, he gets tagged alot! Chuck doesn't have Rampage's power(i'll put anymore to make people feel better lol) and Forrest is nothing of a power puncher, if he lets Rampage tee off like he has everyone else he won't get the chance to tell him to kiss his nuts, hell depending on how he falls he might kiss his own.
sparky
3/10/09 11:07:12AM
Rashad will win either way so at this point it dont matter but I would personally rather see Rashad vs Quinton!!
Boo_Radley21
3/10/09 11:49:15AM
Considering I morally despise Machida I'll go with Rampage vs Rashad. Plus Rampage deserves it more.
Hendo67
3/10/09 1:59:40PM
I love Machida, but i want to see Rampage/Rashad right now...
Then the winner of that sqare off with Lyoto
Tein_Lung
3/10/09 5:18:36PM
at this point regardless of what order the fights are in Machida is the champ at the end
Boo_Radley21
3/10/09 5:26:01PM

Posted by Tein_Lung

at this point regardless of what order the fights are in Machida is the champ at the end

No he won't. The guys he has fought aren't at the same level of guys like Rampage and Rashad or most of the other top level guys in the UFC. (Rich was a long time ago and BJ is a lightweight)
prozacnation1978
3/10/09 6:21:17PM
i wanted to see page vs evans but with the trash talk last sat it just made me wanna see that fight 100 times plus
and u add a grudge match between hughes and serra

i just love grudge feuds
coldchillin
3/10/09 6:49:18PM
Machida deserves the shot more but I would rather see Rashad-Rampage than see Rampage-Machida for the title.
higdon10
3/10/09 8:48:25PM
I would rather see Evans/Page as I think it would be a more exciting fight and the words in the cage Saturday only helped my excitement.
JimiMak
3/11/09 5:08:04PM
The Machida fight EASILY. The best LHW in the world finally gets his well earned shot. Two undefeated guys for the title. How could you not be excited?
The_Ho_Bag
3/12/09 7:23:55PM

Posted by JimiMak

The Machida fight EASILY. The best LHW in the world finally gets his well earned shot. Two undefeated guys for the title. How could you not be excited?

imo i think machida is overrated in the UFC . who has he fought that's worth mentioning in the octagon, he has wins over BJ and franklin but that was in the past.(soko is overrated,almost lost to tito.) i respect his skills, i think the way has has adapted his karate style to MMA is amazing but like some people have said he hasn't fought top-level competition to get a shot. granted he is on 6-fight win streak i just think he would loose to Evans and Rampage. to me Evans would be his 1st real test.

how is he the best LHW in the world btw? =)
innovater450
3/13/09 3:25:42PM
The Rampage-Evans fight is a fight that just has to happen. Being the wrestlers/strikers that they are it would be an explosive fight. Im praying it happens (with rampage winning of course!!!!)
JimiMak
3/14/09 9:44:26PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by JimiMak

imo i think machida is overrated in the UFC . who has he fought that's worth mentioning in the octagon, he has wins over BJ and franklin but that was in the past.(soko is overrated,almost lost to tito.) i respect his skills, i think the way has has adapted his karate style to MMA is amazing but like some people have said he hasn't fought top-level competition to get a shot. granted he is on 6-fight win streak i just think he would loose to Evans and Rampage. to me Evans would be his 1st real test.

Ok lets look at recent history: His fight over Thiago (the one that was "gonna legitimize him" to the haters) was very exciting and he finished great. There is no argument for "almost losing to Tito". He dominated every minute of that fight. A guys who's never attempted a triangle in his UFC career tried one that was countered perfectly by a Nog BB (might've looked in trouble for a sec but rolled perfectly). He's not been given the best list of competitors, mostly ppl that didn't want to engage and got outpointed the whole time. If you wanna go way back you can't discount the Franklin and BJ fights. A lot of looking at a competitor is about looking at HIM. He had a slow few matches against no names like Hoger that were more afraid of losing than trying to win. Middle of his career. He's been doing nothing but stepping his game up and I don't see anyone beating him right now. Keep in mind we rarely see his great ground game.

I'd bet anything right now that he can finish Rashad in less than five and Rampage w/in three.

If you watch his fights throughout the years he engages more in the smaller ring, he's never not engaged he jsut picks ppl apart and doesn't let them touch him. How anyone can say that isn't more skill than most pro fighters show is BEYOND me on the highest level. The point isn't to let yourself be hit. The more technical boxers get all the glory, but in mma being so technical you make your opponents look like amateurs is "bad"???

He's shown me he's the best LHW, if you're not convinced that's ok, you soon will be.
The_Ho_Bag
3/14/09 10:51:21PM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by JimiMak

Ok lets look at recent history: His fight over Thiago (the one that was "gonna legitimize him" to the haters) was very exciting and he finished great. There is no argument for "almost losing to Tito". He dominated every minute of that fight. A guys who's never attempted a triangle in his UFC career tried one that was countered perfectly by a Nog BB (might've looked in trouble for a sec but rolled perfectly). He's not been given the best list of competitors, mostly ppl that didn't want to engage and got outpointed the whole time. If you wanna go way back you can't discount the Franklin and BJ fights. A lot of looking at a competitor is about looking at HIM. He had a slow few matches against no names like Hoger that were more afraid of losing than trying to win. Middle of his career. He's been doing nothing but stepping his game up and I don't see anyone beating him right now. Keep in mind we rarely see his great ground game.

I'd bet anything right now that he can finish Rashad in less than five and Rampage w/in three.

If you watch his fights throughout the years he engages more in the smaller ring, he's never not engaged he jsut picks ppl apart and doesn't let them touch him. How anyone can say that isn't more skill than most pro fighters show is BEYOND me on the highest level. The point isn't to let yourself be hit. The more technical boxers get all the glory, but in mma being so technical you make your opponents look like amateurs is "bad"???

He's shown me he's the best LHW, if you're not convinced that's ok, you soon will be.

no doubt he has skills no denying it at all . his win over silva was good but even silva him self was very very overrated(even though i picked him) but i honestly don't think he fought anyone in the UFC that's worth mentioning. maybe if he beat Evans i will be shushed. in his last 6 UFC he has finished two people (soko,Silva) and Evans has finished 4(Lambert,salmon,liddell,Forrest). like i said Evans has faced the tougher fighters and i would rather see him fight Rampage then watch him fight machida who throws very few punches and is a boring fighter. but like i said he has skills not taking that away im saying hes a boring fighter to watch