Need your help

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Need your help
cmill21
3/4/09 2:08:24AM
So my sister decided to try and download Kazaa lite on my comp...now i'm up to my ass in pop ups and my comp runs like ****. Anyone have any free programs like ad aware to remove this crap? Help would be awsome.
bojangalz
3/4/09 2:14:40AM
google spybot s&d...good place to start. Also, if you check out the downloads section on cnet.com there are a ton of decent free virus/spyware/adware programs available on there.

*EDIT*

Also, if you want a list of everything that is running on your computer each time it starts up; you can type in "msconfig" into the command prompt (listed as "Run" in your start menu on Win XP. Then just go to the "Start-up" tab and view the list. You can probably get some of that crap shut down before you even download the spyware programs off the net. ( I wouldn't use this method unless you know what you are doing though.)

Good Luck!
cmill21
3/4/09 2:33:57AM
I have down loaded 2, and I have 300 and some viruses and that, now I can't remove them unless I buy them. lol any recommendations on programs that will let me do that?
Wolfenstein
3/4/09 2:34:38AM
Personally I would just do system restore to the previous day. Viola, fixed!
cmill21
3/4/09 2:38:37AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Lol I'm not a great comp guy, wtf is that? lol
Wolfenstein
3/4/09 2:45:16AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Wolfenstein

Lol I'm not a great comp guy, wtf is that? lol

It restores your computer to the exact way it was at a previous date...so essentially it would change your computer back to the way it was before your sister downloaded Kazaa.

You go to control panel, system and maintenance, then backup and restore center. You could also just find it by going to search...and then typing system restore and Windows will find it for you.

Anyways when you get there you'll hit use system restore, and it will ask you what date you would like to restore it to. So pick a date before your sister downloaded this nasty little virus.
cmill21
3/4/09 3:01:46AM
well aren't you precious. I will give you many props.
thescarecrow
3/4/09 12:34:14PM
im proping both of them for the info
Aaronno9
3/4/09 12:47:24PM
Just for future reference, AVG is a free to use anti virus software which ive used since my last lap top broke and its been pretty good.