is 3 enough?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » is 3 enough?
lilbadboy
11/26/08 7:25:39PM
is training 3 days a week enough to be competing in amature boxing. cause i do MMA as well but want to do a few boxing shows hear and there. is training 3 days a week enough to be competing. (i also do mma on wed+thurs so im still getting a workout) mon, tues, fri would be strikly boxing. opinions please. thank you.
haggiswashere
11/26/08 7:50:37PM
how many hours a day?
lilbadboy
11/26/08 8:06:50PM
the box team does 2 hours. so 2, 3 days a week
aaa9erh8er
11/27/08 12:23:16AM
imo it comes down to how much you want it if you wonder if enuff is enuff it proly isnt. to be honest. when i tryed ameture boxing i put in 2 3-4 hour sessions daily for years before i was ready. but that was me. and it also depends on how you train
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/27/08 2:44:47AM
plus you got strength and conditioning too... when do you do that?
Jackelope
11/27/08 10:09:34AM

Posted by lilbadboy

is training 3 days a week enough to be competing in amature boxing. cause i do MMA as well but want to do a few boxing shows hear and there. is training 3 days a week enough to be competing. (i also do mma on wed+thurs so im still getting a workout) mon, tues, fri would be strikly boxing. opinions please. thank you.

Personally, I trust my trainers. If they want me to fight and think I'm good to go then I'm with them 100% and I'll give it 100%. I'm always honest and straightforward with them so they know mentally where I stand. If I don't feel ready, then I'll tell them my technique needs polishing or my cardio isn't up to par, or whatever. Your trainer is the only one that can say whether or not you're good to go. It is important as a trainer to know your student, and it is important as a student to trust your trainer (provided he never gives you reason otherwise)
lilbadboy
11/27/08 1:57:13PM
i do s&c with my mma team. im only 15 so i dont lift much
Pride-Fighter
11/27/08 2:50:33PM
3 is enough, but you will have to decide if you want to go full time or stay as you are sometime in the future.
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/28/08 7:13:06AM
I have 2 agree with many of the above posts. Then again, you are very young to go FULL-TIME,, enjoy life while you can b4 u gotta pay car notes, rent, and fat over-priced women to ... ... nevermind...
Mattchoo
12/3/08 4:14:46PM
Ultimately depends on your boxing ability. You could train almost everyday and still lose almost every sparring session you have..
The_Ho_Bag
12/3/08 4:31:09PM
lmao i do 4 for mma =) like every says its all on dedication and how serious u take it, some people are lucky and are very talented others like me have to bust their ass to get decent.

just in stand up i have been dedicating the last 2-3 years to it so i guess you can call me a gym rat ahaha

but if your doing ama boxing 3 days a week 2-3 hours and at least 15 rounds of sparing a week with a 6 week training regiment should be fine.

btw how old are u?

^^

and just because you lose doesnt make you a bad boxer and/or fighter, i loose alot of my sparing sessions bc im the youngest in our fight team and we have very good fighters on our team, but im a different fighter when i step into a cage.

jakeiceman
12/27/08 1:51:01AM
WOooo Hoooo my first post in the training section.....mostly just like reading the info but because I myself was an ametuer boxer for many years I thought I would put in my two cents.

3 times a week is plenty if you take the little time you have seriously. I only trained a couple of times a week and I had great success. Just make sure you work hard and go over the little stuff when you are bored or have free time. Just make sure you get time in for your cardio and you will be alright. It does depend on your natural ability though, striking has always came easy for me so I just got to the highest level I could and then it took less maintanace to keep my skills honed.

Props man I love boxing. Albiet I'm a bigger MMA fan but it truly is a great sport.

Good luck man!
lochie
12/28/08 12:21:38AM
what ever feels good fro you mate i train for 6-7 hours a day mon to fri on Muay Thai . weekends let my body recover if i have a fight in that week i usually train all the days except one before my fight whne i say one day before its more like just like striking Crappling not to full on so on so im not worn out but its personal preference no body is the same

good luck with it mate

where all here for you and there are some really experianced ppl hear that we can all ask
higdon10
12/29/08 3:52:45PM

Posted by lochie
i train for 6-7 hours a day mon to fri on Muay Thai we also learna bit of striking

You sure you know what Muay Thai is?
lochie
12/29/08 9:45:28PM

Posted by higdon10

Posted by lochie
i train for 6-7 hours a day mon to fri on Muay Thai we also learna bit of striking

sorry i Wrote my sentencing wrong
higdon10
12/30/08 7:50:15PM

Posted by lochie

Posted by higdon10

Posted by lochie

Its cool bro. You had me a little confused. I had to call you out on it.
lochie
12/30/08 9:11:27PM

Posted by higdon10

Posted by lochie

Posted by higdon10

Posted by lochie

Its cool bro. You had me a little confused. I had to call you out on it.

i kinda confused myself man haha