ufc 94 + 95

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc 94 + 95
HMA123
11/10/08 11:59:51AM
UFC 94: St. Pierre vs. Penn 2 is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on January 31, 2009

The main event will feature the rematch of UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre against the UFC Lightweight Champion BJ Penn for the UFC Welterweight Championship. Also, the co-main event will feature a Light heavyweight match between two undefeated fighters, Lyoto Machida and Thiago Silva, who both own perfect 13-0 records.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFC 95 is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on February 21, 2009 at The O2 Arena in London, England.

The main event will feature former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Lidell against the UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva. Also, the co-main event will feature a Heavyweight match between, Mirko Cro Cop and Frank Mir.

thoughts?
Bowen50
11/10/08 12:11:30PM
where did you get that info on UFC 95? sounds like wikipedia to me
DCRage
11/10/08 12:32:10PM
Nothing about UFC 95 has even been suggested by the major sites yet, that's way too far ahead. If there's any legit proof to this, and Wikipedia doesn't count, then please direct us to it.

Also, this really isn't spoiler material (yet), so this thread will be moved to the UFC Forum.

Edit: On this note..HMA123, please read and familiarize yourself with Forum Rule 18 if you haven't already:

18. Do not post uncredited or unreliable rumors on our forums. Yes, even the major mma websites get things wrong from time to time, but they are generally reliable. If they are proven wrong we will remove the thread when we find out.
emfleek
11/10/08 12:35:47PM

Posted by DCRage

Also, this really isn't spoiler material (yet), so this thread will be moved to the UFC Forum.

I don't think it would qualify as spoiler material until the event has already happened. It's more of a rumor (and I still think there should be a "Rumors" forum) than anything, isn't it?

I don't think anyone could make an argument for having the announcement of an event and/or fight "ruined" for them. And if so...they should be smacked multiple times in the mouth.
Nitrus
11/10/08 12:50:24PM
And how could Cro Cop fight Mir?

What about if Mir win Nogueira, and get the interim belt, Mir have to fight against Lesnar/Couture winner first, and not Cro Cop(which i doubt will back to UFC).

Those UFC 95 news seems BS to me.

Anderson Silva probably will fight against Sonnen.

I read this in one interview in one Brazilian forum, but the forum is under maintenance now, so I can't get the source, but Sonnen was told if he wins the fight against Filho, he'd fight the Spider next.

And he seemed to be happy...poor guy
DCRage
11/10/08 12:54:42PM

And how could Cro Cop fight Mir?

The only way I see it now, and I sort of am being light-hearted about this, is in a video game. CC seems to have his hands full with Overeem right now, and the stuff about Mir fighting Brock/Randy next if he beats Minotauro is true.
Ordep
11/10/08 2:07:33PM
= UFC 189

just to be consistent with the 95 info.
Twenty20Dollars
11/10/08 2:58:53PM
hahah sounds like he made up the ufc 95 card
HMA123
11/10/08 3:07:52PM

I did get it form Wiki, didn't really think it was a big deal, look liked good information..
If its "Fake" then sorry, but i dont know anything much about wiki, i honestly thought it was a good wesbsite.
dannyfrank
11/10/08 3:38:22PM

Posted by HMA123

I did get it form Wiki, didn't really think it was a big deal, look liked good information..
If its "Fake" then sorry, but i dont know anything much about wiki, i honestly thought it was a good wesbsite.

its a good website only some of the times. the reason it isn't all of the time is because anybody can click the "edit" button on the wiki pages and write whatever they want
prozacnation1978
11/10/08 10:25:36PM
i know feb in london but cro cop vs mir??
come on

i think silva will be fighting sonnen
and lidell will fight on card as well against vera likely
BigBodyBenz
11/12/08 8:37:54PM
I've heard rumors of Nate Diaz vs. Roger Huerta in the works for UFC 94.
Ben_Hutch
11/12/08 8:44:44PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

hahah sounds like he made up the ufc 95 card

higdon10
11/12/08 8:45:25PM

Posted by BigBodyBenz

As have I.
copcopps
11/12/08 8:49:32PM

Posted by higdon10

Posted by BigBodyBenz

As have I.

Me thirded

I have heard of the Spider and the Iceman fight before hand though but I doubt that will happen, yes its a cash cow but both guys are close to retirement.

Also Crocop back in the UFC sounds like just a bitter Cro-cop fan that wants him back