Anyone else like me?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Anyone else like me?
POLL: Do your friends love MMA or just like it when a big name is fighting?
yes 74% (20)
no 26% (7)
postman
11/9/08 10:00:48AM
I know Bowen50 JJFreak and DiabloFreak are all boys outside of this site, but anyone else on here like me that really have no friends they train with or at 9 before a fight is coming on get the call that no one is coming over cause a new flock of girls just walked into the bar? Now come sunday I have all the buddies I want to watch the Steelers game and most will meet you to watch the hockey games too, but I just can't get anyone to love this sport like I do! Anyone else have this shitty problem. God all I want is a friend!
Twenty20Dollars
11/9/08 11:15:17AM
yeah I've got some brock lesnar nut hugger friends, that is the only real ppv they actually watched is the two with lesnar.
postman
11/9/08 11:44:26AM
I bought all kinds of food and beer for the Cote and silva fight and no one showed up so i didn't even buy the fight just stole it online.
bullettdodger
11/9/08 12:11:43PM
I have people who would want to watch it, but only if it was paid for with out them having to contribute, so i just watch it w/o them
Jackelope
11/9/08 12:22:36PM
Well.. hm.... I have friends that claim to like MMA. But, these same friends never seem to get into it as much as I do. When we have "UFC Parties" usually they just sit around and socialize while I give the evil eye because I can't hear the announcers
postman
11/9/08 12:44:27PM
I also have had friends claim they were going to come train with me then they never show up. Most of the guys I do train with I don't really know outside of the gym and I don't know how much they are into watching the fights either. I kinda get the feeling they are more into doing it to get inshape and have something to brag about.
Bowen50
11/9/08 12:52:35PM
every UFC i have about 6-7 people over. we all chip in to pay for the event. obviously JJFreak, DiabloFreak, and Myself are the biggest fans in the house but everyone else enjoys watching the fights. not to mention you can't really beat watching MMA in 1080p resolution on a 56 inch screen
postman
11/9/08 1:37:26PM
I hate you
SpiderSilva
11/9/08 2:32:46PM

Posted by Bowen50

every UFC i have about 6-7 people over. we all chip in to pay for the event. obviously JJFreak, DiabloFreak, and Myself are the biggest fans in the house but everyone else enjoys watching the fights. not to mention you can't really beat watching MMA in 1080p resolution on a 56 inch screen

sure I can when mine is a 65in screen lol J/K cause I have no friends to watch just my wife and a stepdad who falls asleep 1 fight into the show. the last show only my grandama and gay uncle came over they were both out before the Kos Alves fight
Twenty20Dollars
11/9/08 2:46:26PM
yeah people will watch an event with me if i already order it, but now some of the people just go to Buffalo wild wings which is alright sometimes but you can relax more at home or something idk.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/9/08 2:49:45PM
I suggest you start training at an mma gym where you can meet people as interested in the sport as you are.
dannyfrank
11/9/08 3:24:11PM
i have one friend who claims to like mma, but he never knows when an event is coming on and he really doesnt know any of the fighters

i just sit in my room, watch the live stream, and party by myself
postman
11/9/08 3:39:18PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

I suggest you start training at an mma gym where you can meet people as interested in the sport as you are.

I would never leave my gym I respect the instructor too much. I have shown him I am his top student right now and as he is getting older he has been having me teach more and forgetting when my dues are up. To be honest most of the gyms I have went to are full of meat heads who wrestled in HS and do not want to learn anything but GNP and thats just not my style. I don't have the ideas that I'm ever going to be a top fighter, I would like to know as much information as I can though. To each his own, alot of guys like the style Sherk and Brock bring its just not for me.
MMAcca
11/9/08 3:39:37PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

the last show only my grandama and gay uncle came over they were both out before the Kos Alves fight

How long was it a secret for ?

Rush
11/9/08 8:21:21PM
I'm at the point in my life now where all my best friends (who were all MMA fans and training partners) are in different cities, provinces or countries.

If they were around we would be training and watching events, but we are all busy with our grown up lives.

I know one guy now and we are trying to organize a regular time to do at least one big plyo and kettlebell workout a week, but again, things are busy.

Man, back in highschool life was simple. All I did was go to school, train, play video games and have sex in between.
voodoo-jitsu
11/9/08 8:21:54PM
yea i used to be alone when it came to ufc events untill i started a new job a couple years ago and my boss over heard me talking about a fight and he told me he orders every ufc and invited me to come over to watch he tells everyone that shows up not to worry about food refreshments of the PPV its all covered needless to say ive been going ever since
Mitchell740
11/9/08 8:32:54PM
Do they have to be real fight fans or "CHUCK LIDDELL, FEDOR AND KIMBO ARE DA BEST" fight fans? For real fights fans theres really only a few more around me. But I am surrounded by a bunch of idiots like I explained who try and explain things to me like the dynamics of grappling. (I haver been wrestling and submission wrestling since I was 11 and I'm almost 18 now)
Aaronno9
11/9/08 8:55:58PM
I dont have any friends who like it at all. They all had the "why are they rolling around ontop of each other being gay" view, then i finally got em to come over for an event, they saw Gabe K.O Mirko, and now they wont watch it anymore becouse its to violent! One of em actually almost vomited when they saw his leg bend weird.

Now we get the events live over here it doesnt really matter though, becouse none of my buddies are game for staying up till 3am for a sporting event anyways lol.
bls1919
11/9/08 9:03:30PM
Its tough, but luckily i have 3 friends that love it too and i am certain to find somone to watch the fight and drink with.
juanez13
11/9/08 9:18:31PM
Fortunately i got a few friends that i watch the events with. Only 3 though i know that follow the sport beyond the UFC.All of the guys are from the gym i go to, other than that friends that i grew up with arent very interested in MMA, and only watch when there is a party for a UFC event. usually for UFC events we'll either go to a bar, or buy the ppv and have like 10 people over to watch it.
higdon10
11/9/08 10:31:18PM
I have 2 buddies that are big MMA fans, and a few that are somewhat knowlegable of the sport. Usually watch the fights with 4 or 5 guys.
beerman77
11/9/08 10:35:22PM
we have a group of any where from 10 to 20 people that get together ,,but with that said, if the fights are not thet good than it turns into who can do more beer bongs than the next guy, haha that always ends up to be a buch of drunk ass's who think that we can fight like the ufc and the submission wrestling starts and some always gets hurt,hahaha oh good times cant wait till the next one
Kracker_Jap
11/9/08 11:11:56PM
I learned long ago you cannot trust another man who does not like MMA....

And only those who love it can be my friends
kopower
11/10/08 12:07:07AM
A few years ago we started with a group of like 10 people that would religously watch every ufc ppv. Now it has dwindled down to about 4 of us. My girlfriend always falls asleep about 3 fights in but every now and then my buddy has us over. He has stadium seating in his basement with full electric leather chairs and a projection tv that is like 60 inches. If the fights aren't there, we have a buddy at a local sports bar that bartends and hooks us up with free drinks all night

Let's just say for the Silva vs. Cote, we had a group of 8, 4 people ordered food and we drank about 3 hours. Our total bill = $11. Life is good
jakeiceman
11/10/08 3:16:17AM

Posted by Mitchell740

Do they have to be real fight fans or "CHUCK LIDDELL, FEDOR AND KIMBO ARE DA BEST" fight fans?

Posted by Rush

Man, back in highschool life was simple. All I did was go to school, train, play video games and have sex in between.

Ha ha you my friend kick ass, you remind me of myself back in the day