Did anyone else...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Did anyone else...
The_Italian_Stallion
8/4/08 9:41:59PM
Did anyone else hear Frank Mir call Carlos Condit the best welterweight in the world?

I'm not going to lie when I say that is the most retarded thing I've probably ever heard.

Sure he;s on the top ten list but DEFINITELY not number one. GSP would kick his ass twenty miles out of the building and so would Hughes, Alves, Fitch, heck even Diego.

Condit has some talent but I still consider it raw. He was thoroughly unimpressive in his win last night. I think Hiromitsu would have won if he had more gas in the tank cause Condit certainly didn't.

I just wanted to know your guys' opinion on the matter...
Mchubb316
8/4/08 9:55:38PM
I don't think that he is no where near #1. I look at the UFC's top ten WW's, and he would be maybe middle of the pack. He has solid striking, and for a guy who is supposed to be very good on the ground, he had trouble with a guy who was supposed to be very raw on the ground. GSP, Alves, Sanchez, Kos, Fitch, just to name a few I think would beat Condit pretty easy.
candynuts
8/4/08 10:07:05PM
Yea, I mean I have him at #10 and I think he would lose guys like Shields (again) and Karo. To be honest I think a fight with him and Mike Swick would be a great fight and maybe a 60/40 for Swick to win.

The guy I want to see in the UFC (well, back in the UFC) from the WEC is Jaime Varner.
saemskin
8/4/08 10:41:17PM

Posted by The_Italian_Stallion
Did anyone else hear Frank Mir call Carlos Condit the best welterweight in the world?
I'm not going to lie when I say that is the most retarded thing I've probably ever heard.

Sure he;s on the top ten list but DEFINITELY not number one. GSP would kick his ass twenty miles out of the building and so would Hughes, Alves, Fitch, heck even Diego.

Good god please quite hugging the nuts of the UFC

juanez13
8/4/08 11:22:56PM
He is pretty lanky, which most of the times equates to bad TK defence (which in this case its true) so IMO thats why i think he'll loose to top comp, He wont be able to sub guys like Karo, Fitch, sanchez etc... and he wont be able to stop their shots. So once he starts against those top guys i think he'll hit a road block.
jae_1833
8/5/08 12:58:06AM
Yeah, I have him at #10 as well. The problem is that he isn't going to get any better fighting in the WEC....the comp just isn't there. Although I would like to see him and a few others step into the UFC.....the best thing would be if the UFC would have a 145 weight class. Then Kid and Urijah could finally get that dream match.
Aether
8/5/08 1:02:07AM
this helps me to understand why he also doesn't believe fedor is one of the top p4p fighters. He might be a good fighter but what the hell is he talking about?
telnights
8/5/08 1:56:02AM
Mir was just talking the guy up for the WEC. That's what he should be saying if he is their champ at WW.
NewGuy
8/5/08 2:59:41AM
I think Condit is a great fighter. I would like to see him step up to the UFC so we could find out just how good he really is.

He has been dominate in the WEC. This is the first time I have seem him look human and beatable. With how that fight looked I think GSP and may other fighters would just outlast him
ToeZup
8/5/08 9:19:51AM

Posted by NewGuy

He has been dominate in the WEC. This is the first time I have seem him look human and beatable.

QFT my friend. This was the first time I have seen him tested in a long time.
ncordless
8/5/08 11:35:30AM

Posted by telnights

Mir was just talking the guy up for the WEC. That's what he should be saying if he is their champ at WW.

So if EXC calls Kimbo the best fighter in the world that's what they should be doing?
The_Italian_Stallion
8/5/08 1:33:02PM

Posted by saemskin

Posted by The_Italian_Stallion

Good god please quite hugging the nuts of the UFC

So now nuthugging is saying the truth? Did you just want to use the word nuthugging in a post or something... The only reason I listed those names is because GSP is number one in the division and the other four or five are right under him... it's not cause they're in the UFC it's because they are the elite of the division....
Rollins
8/6/08 4:08:35PM

Posted by telnights

Thats it folks, there is nothing more to it except to say that it is also his job to promote their product. Thats all that was, selling a product.

Damn fellas give Mir more credit than that...Jeebus.
KYGUY07
8/6/08 4:56:16PM
condit is definetely a top 10 guy i have him around number 8
ObsoleteMan
8/6/08 7:27:20PM

Posted by RollinsisGod

Posted by telnights

Thats it folks, there is nothing more to it except to say that it is also his job to promote their product. Thats all that was, selling a product.

Damn fellas give Mir more credit than that...Jeebus.

Truth. He probably misspoke anyway, more likely meant to say something more along the lines of "one of the best in the world".
breakdown5
8/6/08 7:47:13PM
While Condit is good, he's not number 1. Mir was just trying to juice up the WEC IMO. Why would he go out on TV and say "Well, Condit's good. He's the best we have at the WEC, but he would get schooled by the top dogs in the weight class."