was it just me.....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » was it just me.....
joshryanshepherd
7/3/08 1:37:18AM
when i seen Wand at UFC 84 i thought he looked bigger than ever. he looked just massive in the octagon beside Jardine. maybe he just packed on some muscle from training at Xtreme Couture. Or maybe the man took some Steroids! think about it, Dana seems to me to be a crooked guy and he payed a lot for Wand and he was coming into the Jardine fight with 3 loses, and with 4 who knows what people would have thought of him. maybe Dana made sure that Wand wouldn't get caught if he used them. but who knows. i hope he didn't take any i love the guy but just thinkin...
cmill21
7/3/08 1:42:02AM
Lol commission tests fighters, no way in hell they would take anything to allow something like this. Wand is a big guy, he's always been jacked and always will be, remember he weighed more the Cro Cop in their second fight. IMO there is no possible way this could be anywhere near true....oh and if UFC fighters want to do roids all they need to do is cycle.
joshryanshepherd
7/3/08 2:00:26AM
I know its un-likely but the fighters don't get tested every time. but what do you mean "cycle"?
Pookie
7/3/08 2:02:39AM

Posted by joshryanshepherd

I know its un-likely but the fighters don't get tested every time. but what do you mean "cycle"?

the winners do now i believe.
joshryanshepherd
7/3/08 2:14:15AM
Hmmm...well if they are testing the winners they may as well test the losers too..,
jiujitsufreak74
7/3/08 2:17:30AM
there is random drug testing on inactive fighters as well that tries to eliminate cycling. pretty much cycling is when you use steroids for a certain period of time, then you go off of them for a period of time, in a cycle. then you just plan to go off of them before the fight and you won't test positive despite thew fact that you used them.

Hmmm...well if they are testing the winners they may as well test the losers too..,

it is expensive to do the test so they don't test everyone. however, it is a random sample meaning everyone has the same likelihood of getting tested. now apparantly there is a 100% chance of getting tested if you win but you still have an equal chance as everyone else to get tested if you lose.
Kastro
7/3/08 3:01:56AM
Just to let you all know.. I know lots about roids and there are ways to get around them.. things you can take to mask the steroids in your system so you can pass a test really clean..

My 2 cents.. peace!!
telnights
7/3/08 4:53:44AM
Wand looked like himself no different than before. I don't see how you can bring Dana in to this but K. Dana has nothing to do with the training of the fighters or the testing. That is all controlled by a third party.

Man people come up with the craziest things sometimes. You want something to complain about take a look at the Shaw's.
grappler0000
7/3/08 8:43:15AM

Posted by Kastro

Just to let you all know.. I know lots about roids and there are ways to get around them.. things you can take to mask the steroids in your system so you can pass a test really clean..

My 2 cents.. peace!!

Then you should also know that they test for masking agents.
holt8081
7/3/08 10:07:54AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Kastro

My 2 cents.. peace!!

Then you should also know that they test for masking agents.

Dont they test before and after the fights or was that just for Shrek LOL
MFOTHER
7/3/08 10:58:20AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

there is random drug testing on inactive fighters as well that tries to eliminate cycling. pretty much cycling is when you use steroids for a certain period of time, then you go off of them for a period of time, in a cycle. then you just plan to go off of them before the fight and you won't test positive despite thew fact that you used them.

it is expensive to do the test so they don't test everyone. however, it is a random sample meaning everyone has the same likelihood of getting tested. now apparantly there is a 100% chance of getting tested if you win but you still have an equal chance as everyone else to get tested if you lose.

it also depends on the state/ comission
im pretty sure california tests all title shot competitors/and anyone who has failed ne in the past
king_katool
7/3/08 12:13:30PM
no it wusnt just you, i bet your 7 other personalities thought so too
JimiMak
7/3/08 12:27:05PM
isn't this fighter bashing? blind accusations of steroids should be if they aren't.
ncordless
7/3/08 12:52:13PM

Posted by JimiMak

isn't this fighter bashing? blind accusations of steroids should be if they aren't.

I am so sick of this... because people read this crap and it gives them false ideas.
Figsak
7/3/08 1:48:39PM
Doubt Wandy does roids. He strikes me as just a half ape man who is genetically predisposed to have the strength to pull your arms out of your sockets and rape you with them.

Seriously. Look at the mans Neanderthal cranium.
Leland
7/3/08 2:58:13PM

Posted by Figsak

Doubt Wandy does roids. He strikes me as just a half ape man who is genetically predisposed to have the strength to pull your arms out of your sockets and rape you with them.

lmao. he does look monkey-ish. love Wand, hes not on roids, maybe in PRIDE, but not now. Too strict over here in the US to sneak past it for too long.
big_timmy
7/3/08 7:52:35PM

To me, if you've gone to the trouble of taking roids, and lost, you've just failed at life anyway. Just add shrinking balls to the problems they have ot deal with, along with the smashed in face or broken arm.
Figsak
7/4/08 8:27:46PM
That reminds me of a life lesson.

Scott_Revels
7/4/08 9:02:08PM

Posted by Figsak

That reminds me of a life lesson.

Well I was trying to eat.. Now I can't stop thinking about crabs. I hate seafood.
Aaronno9
7/5/08 7:25:06AM

Posted by Leland

Posted by Figsak

lmao. he does look monkey-ish. love Wand, hes not on roids, maybe in PRIDE, but not now. Too strict over here in the US to sneak past it for too long.

I heard a while back that all the shit wandy has taken in the past made him look even weirder than he does naturally. Could just be bullshit but i definatly remember reading something like that when he was still fighting in pride. Anyways, i dont think hes back on the juice at all. A big deal was made out of how much training he had been doing with a strength and conditioning coach so if he looked bigger its probably just becouse of his new work out regime.