Almost There

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Almost There
hunterlcs92
11/29/07 9:43:51AM
I weighed out at 164.5 yesterday. only 4.5 pounds to go. Just gotta work that off
ghosted3
11/29/07 10:27:32AM
Is there a deadline for the weight, or is it a personal goal? Either way, good job.
hunterlcs92
11/29/07 3:03:05PM
its for wrestling
KeNn
11/29/07 4:01:48PM
wut were u at?
John_Jobber
11/30/07 1:46:48AM
shoot, 4.5 pounds = 1 dump and 1 can of chew...
hunterlcs92
11/30/07 9:50:27AM

Posted by hunterlcs92

its for wrestling

wrestling in CT
garrick
11/30/07 10:10:34AM
That's cool I weigh almost the same as you. I wrestle in VT and weigh 156, but their going to put me at 160 for some reason. I have to bulk up 4 pounds before next tuesday. Should be fun.
hunterlcs92
12/3/07 11:20:13AM
164 exactly. how can i make that go down quicker guys?
fullerene
12/3/07 11:30:47AM

Posted by hunterlcs92

What's your current diet and workout schedule?

When are you weighing yourself? (morning, night, before/after working out)

What is the date you need the weight off by?

If you still have some time you might try a test cut to see how your body reacts. Just take some time in a sauna (clothes on, rubber suit if you have it) and see if you can comfortably come out weighing what you need to weigh when you dry off. If you can, your weight might be OK as it is. You could just maintain it and cut the rest for your weighins.
hunterlcs92
12/3/07 2:53:54PM

Posted by fullerene

Posted by hunterlcs92

What's your current diet and workout schedule?

When are you weighing yourself? (morning, night, before/after working out)

What is the date you need the weight off by?

If you still have some time you might try a test cut to see how your body reacts. Just take some time in a sauna (clothes on, rubber suit if you have it) and see if you can comfortably come out weighing what you need to weigh when you dry off. If you can, your weight might be OK as it is. You could just maintain it and cut the rest for your weighins.

weighing myself after practice and in the morning

i need the weight b y next wednesday
KeNn
12/3/07 11:37:50PM
what were you at when you began?

its only 4lbs, just shit.
LOL
cmill21
12/3/07 11:40:45PM
Garbage bags work if you don't have a sweat suit.
KeNn
12/4/07 1:28:45AM

Posted by cmill21

work wonders actually, very good post.
fullerene
12/4/07 7:46:13AM
Weighing "after practice" tells me you're already working out. The fact that you're concerned about your weight tells me you're probably already eating a low calorie diet....if not, you ought to be. Make sure that diet doesn't have too much salt (sodium) which will tend to retain water. Drink distilled water (only) if you can. Make sure what you eat is spread out over the day--don't cut calories by eating one big meal and then starving yourself for the rest of the day.

IMO, four pounds is a pretty good amount to be over. You might be a bit more than that before practice, but it should still be reasonable. Try the sweatsuit and see if you can come in on weight. You probably can without too much strain. If that's the case, your weight is fine. Just keep practicing and eating sensibly and realize you'll have to dehydrate a few pounds before each weigh in.
derekcalado
12/4/07 4:48:43PM
well if u have been dieting for a while and have been dropping a couple of pounds a week then ur body is going to just plateau. the best way to drop a little bit of weight is cardio. you could even lose water weight by going to a sauna.
rameydl8
12/17/07 1:09:32PM

Posted by KeNn

Posted by cmill21

work wonders actually, very good post.

it works great...i use it sometimes before weigh ins....for boxing matches