K-1 World Grand Prix Final 2008 to air live on HDNet featuring Kimbo Slice as guest commentator

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » K-1 World Grand Prix Final 2008 to air live on HDNet featuring Kimbo Slice as guest commentator
MMAcca
12/4/08 1:17:30AM
Fighting and Entertainment Group (FEG) and HDNet are partnering once again to bring North American fans LIVE coverage of the K-1 World Grand Prix Final 2008 from the Yokohama Arena in Yokohama, Japan starting at 3:00am ET on Saturday, December 6.

Joining the broadcast team of Michael "The Voice" Schiavello, four-time K-1 WGP Champion Ernesto Hoost and FEG USA’s Mike Kogan will be none other than Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson.

Kimbo was invited by FEG and HDNet to be a guest commentator for K-1’s stateside debut.

Main Card:

K-1 World Grand Prix Final
Winner of Semifinal 1 vs. Winner of Semifinal 2

K-1 World Grand Prix Semifinals
Winner of Aerts/Hari vs. Teixeira/Zimmerman
Winner of Karaev/Saki vs. Le Banner/Bonjasky

K-1 World Grand Prix Quarterfinals
Peter Aerts (93-26-1) vs. Badr Hari (75-7-1)
Ewerton Teixeira (7-0) vs. Errol Zimmerman (74-7-1, 1 NC)
Ruslan Karaev (18-6) vs. Gokhan Saki (74-9, 1 NC)
Jerome Le Banner (91-15-1, 1 NC) vs. Remy Bonjasky (79-14)

Preliminary Card
Mitsugu Noda (6-2) vs. Tsutomu Takahagi (1-5)
Takeru (5-12) vs. Taisei Ko (1-0)

Reserve Fights
Paul Slowinski (87-13-1) vs. Melvin Manhoef (38-4)
Hong Man-Choi (17-5) vs. Ray Sefo (74-20-1)

LINK
cmill21
12/4/08 1:56:10AM
I'm surprised the Schilt isn't fighting...could he be meeting Tim at Dynamite? Kimbo is going to be a draw over there, he isn't a great fighter but he will make FEG money.
ncordless
12/4/08 2:08:29AM
I am having a hard time with the idea that Kimbo will be dissecting the K-1 finals.
cmill21
12/4/08 2:15:30AM

Posted by ncordless

I am having a hard time with the idea that Kimbo will be dissecting the K-1 finals.

Doubt he'll say much lol. IMO it's just an oppertunity to get his name out there.
loller90278
12/4/08 3:39:53AM
i want him to run in there and challenge bob sapp
juanez13
12/4/08 6:57:10AM
My predictions

K-1 World Grand Prix Quarterfinals
Peter Aerts (93-26-1) vs. Badr Hari (75-7-1)-----> Aerts win R3 Decision

Ewerton Teixeira (7-0) vs. Errol Zimmerman (74-7-1, 1 NC)--->> Zimmerman Rnd 2 KO

Ruslan Karaev (18-6) vs. Gokhan Saki (74-9, 1 NC)--> Here is hoping Karev wins, but Saki might be a bit too powerful for him to handle.

Jerome Le Banner (91-15-1, 1 NC) vs. Remy Bonjasky (79-14)-> Remy R3 Decision

nickrodamous
12/4/08 3:01:22PM
I can't belive Peter Aerts is still fighting K-1 didn't he win some of the first grand prix's back in 1994 i hope he takes it this year you hear so much about vetern figherts like Bernard Hopkins and Randy Couture Peter Aerts is an OG war Aerts!!
cmill21
12/4/08 5:23:02PM

Posted by nickrodamous

I can't belive Peter Aerts is still fighting K-1 didn't he win some of the first grand prix's back in 1994 i hope he takes it this year you hear so much about vetern figherts like Bernard Hopkins and Randy Couture Peter Aerts is an OG war Aerts!!

He is a 3 time winner in 94, 95 and 98. Unfortunetly the winner of his bracket will probably have to take a ton of damage to make it through, and while Remy has to face LeBanner, if he wins he doesn't ussually take alot of damage, while Aerts has to face Badr who is brutal and relentless.
juanez13
12/4/08 6:20:45PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by nickrodamous

He is a 3 time winner in 94, 95 and 98. Unfortunetly the winner of his bracket will probably have to take a ton of damage to make it through, and while Remy has to face LeBanner, if he wins he doesn't ussually take alot of damage, while Aerts has to face Badr who is brutal and relentless.

not only Hari, but he'd most likely face Zimmerman in the next fight. Zimmerman is beatable, but the guy is a wrecking machine, and Aerts would definitely leave that fight with some marks.

I agree with what you said about Remy. He put on 20 pounds for this years GP (now 250 pnds) and that will definitely help him against JLB. I think if he manages to get through LeBanner, he'll beat either Saki or Karev. Will be interesting to see how he deals with Aerts (or Hari) this time around.
cmill21
12/4/08 6:30:15PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by cmill21

Posted by nickrodamous

not only Hari, but he'd most likely face Zimmerman in the next fight. Zimmerman is beatable, but the guy is a wrecking machine, and Aerts would definitely leave that fight with some marks.

I agree with what you said about Remy. He put on 20 pounds for this years GP (now 250 pnds) and that will definitely help him against JLB. I think if he manages to get through LeBanner, he'll beat either Saki or Karev. Will be interesting to see how he deals with Aerts (or Hari) this time around.

Agree'd I didn't want to mention Zimmerman since not many know of him, but if Aerts gets through he will have some damage. I think Remy would beat Badr again since he's so damn hard to hit and Badr has small legs(remy's kicks are brutal) but I'm not sure if Remy would be able to beat Peter, his boxing needs to get better and he would be so hard to beat.