30-24 score against Starnes, LOL

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » 30-24 score against Starnes, LOL
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/21/08 10:15:30AM
Has anyone ever seen a fight scored this one-sided?

this has got to be the most embarasssing performance ive ever seen in combat sports, but im sure there MIGHT be worse...if anyone wants to remind me of any please feel free
stock
4/21/08 10:20:57AM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

this has got to be the most embarasssing performance ive ever seen in combat sports, but im sure there MIGHT be worse...if anyone wants to remind me of any please feel free

I think it would be a safe bet that this has never happened before (30-24).
emfleek
4/21/08 10:22:29AM
WHat a HORRRIBLE showing for Starnes. He's definitely got something to prove his next time out...
grappler0000
4/21/08 10:43:38AM

Well, at least they were in a cage...in a ring, Starnes might of got hackney'd!

Video
DCRage
4/21/08 10:51:04AM
The worst I'd ever seen was a 30-25. I guess they gave Starnes an unspoken 1-2 point deduction for his running form. Although Quarry would've gotten a bonus point from me for style.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/21/08 11:08:03AM

Posted by grappler0000

Well, at least they were in a cage...in a ring, Starnes might of got hackney'd!

Video

i love that video, never gets old, but gotta spread the love
waylon_o
4/21/08 11:33:38AM
I really hope that for Starnes' future's sake that he had something going on in his life that prevented him from fighting.
Rush
4/21/08 11:37:29AM

Posted by waylon_o

I really hope that for Starnes' future's sake that he had something going on in his life that prevented him from fighting.

Maybe he was running for religious reasons.
scoozna
4/21/08 12:05:43PM
I think it was a protest - however misguided it may have been - about fighter pay. He railed against the UFC after his last fight was stopped due to a cut, and didn't make enough money to pay for his training prior to the fight and medical bills afterward.

imanidiot777
4/21/08 12:06:38PM
The taunts at the end by Quarry were hilarious, what guy stands in there being taunted that badly and just keeps running? The least he coulda done was throw one last haymaker at Quarry for the ridiclous taunts.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/21/08 12:15:51PM

Posted by imanidiot777

The taunts at the end by Quarry were hilarious, what guy stands in there being taunted that badly and just keeps running? The least he coulda done was throw one last haymaker at Quarry for the ridiclous taunts.

seriously, **** an injury, even injured fighters press harder than kalib did. DISGRACEFUL
babytater03
4/21/08 12:21:38PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by waylon_o

maybe women's rights

ToeZup
4/21/08 1:44:43PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Props for that statement my friend.
How he just kept running even while being taunted is beyond me.
He could have thrown something out there but......he didn't.
mk1630
4/21/08 2:45:32PM
The taunting at the end was hilarious, it made me like Quarry that much more. That was a terrible showing by Starnes, and he definatley needs to go all out in his next fight.
Tein_Lung
4/21/08 2:46:07PM

Posted by ToeZup

Posted by imanidiot777

Props for that statement my friend.
How he just kept running even while being taunted is beyond me.
He could have thrown something out there but......he didn't.

i agree even whane Nate was doing teh steve urkle fighting style he was running
whardin19
4/21/08 3:04:15PM
I would probably not care if I ever see Starnes fight in the UFC again. That has got to be one of the most horrible performances I've ever seen in the octagon. The guy practically ran the whole time in the fight. Then he just showed no class at the end of the fight cursing at Quarry's corner.
fonduktoe
4/21/08 4:31:02PM
people are commenting on how starnes needs to go all out on his next fight.
are you kidding? the only way you'll see starnes fight again is if he gets too rowdy at the strip club down the block from you. his ufc days are over.
Kpro
4/21/08 4:41:24PM
Petz had a 30-23 in his win over Sam Morgan at Fight Night 6.

I think the 30-24 was well deserved, and 10-8's should happen more frequently.
disorderlyvision
4/21/08 7:05:53PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by waylon_o

perhaps he just thought it was a nice day for a jog
tmas
4/22/08 4:52:33AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LifrupArheM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LifrupArheM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LifrupArheM&NR=1 Runnnn Kaaalib runnnn
stock
4/22/08 9:18:45AM

Posted by Kpro

Petz had a 30-23 in his win over Sam Morgan at Fight Night 6.

I think the 30-24 was well deserved, and 10-8's should happen more frequently.

Right, but wasn't the 30-23 scorecard because there were some point deductions for illegal actions?
CornishMMA
4/22/08 9:38:39AM
Big John always warned fighters for running away and would presumably call a foul and take a point - BUT the ref didnt do this and that 1 judge must have taken it upon himself to give 3x 10-8 rounds

Oh and no stock Forrest just severly beat Morgan for 3 rounds and was close to stopping so many times they scored 1 round 10-7 I remember them saying this but no mention of a foul point
tibbs420
4/22/08 12:20:16PM
Ken Shamrock.... thats the worst performance ive ever seen.... i dont think i have to be specific
tibbs420
4/22/08 12:22:50PM
I Heard He Was Doin A Run For Cancer LOL!...obviously kidding
koopa
4/22/08 1:54:22PM
He had chronic diarrhea and didn't wan't to engage for fear of squirting in his shorts. No other reason makes sense. Although I was thinking he made a large bet with a bookie that he could last all 3 rounds. Maybe earn a little extra dough to pay for his medical expenses...
Fanboy 1988
4/22/08 10:56:00PM
I didn't think a fight could get more laughable then the Severn and Kimo fight, guess I was wrong