UFC 95 - Results, Fighter Bonuses & Attendance Figures

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 95 - Results, Fighter Bonuses & Attendance Figures
MMAcca
2/22/09 4:41:13AM
Diego Sanchez def. Joe Stevenson via Decision (Unanimous)
Dan Hardy def. Rory Markham via KO (Punch) at 1:09 of Round 1
Nate Marquardt def. Wilson Gouveia via TKO (Strikes) at 3:10 of Round 3
Demian Maia def. Chael Sonnen via Submission (Triangle Choke) at 2:37 of Round 1
Paulo Thiago def. Josh Koscheck via KO (Punch) at 3:29 of Round 1

Terry Etim def. Brian Cobb via TKO (Strikes) at 0:10 of Round 2
Junior Dos Santos def. Stefan Struve via TKO (Strikes) at 0:54 of Round 1
Evan Dunham def. Per Eklund via TKO (Strikes) at 2:13 of Round 1
Mike Ciesnolevicz def. Neil Grove via Submission (Heel Hook) at 1:03 of Round 1
Paul Kelly def. Troy Mandaloniz via Decision (Unanimous)

UFC 95 AWARDS AND BONUSES
(All awards include a $40,000 bonus for each fighter.)

UFC 95 Fight of the Night
– Diego Sanchez and Joe Stevenson

UFC 95 Knockout of the Night
– Paulo Thiago

UFC 95 Submission of the Night
– Demian Maia

This was Demian Maia's fourth "Submission of the Night" in five UFC fights.

The UFC treated fans watching UFC 95 on Setanta Sports to all 10 bouts on Saturday night in England. Even the British fans that weren't able to attend were able to see their countrymen fight, most of which faired well.

The fans that did make it to the O2 Arena treated the UFC to a strong attendance of 13,268, totaling ticket revenue of slightly more than $1 million U.S. Both are considered strong numbers during tough economic times, especially with a fight card sans a championship bout.

LINK
kris_ericson
2/22/09 4:45:12AM
i agree with all of the awards
MMAcca
2/22/09 4:47:16AM

Posted by kris_ericson

I would like to have seen Kelly/Mandalonis get fight of the night
kris_ericson
2/22/09 4:49:50AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by kris_ericson i agree with all of the awards

that was the only fight i didnt see
MMAcca
2/22/09 6:15:43AM

Posted by kris_ericson

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by kris_ericson

3 rounds of non-stop WAR!
theguido
2/22/09 8:13:15AM
Sure was good to see as many fights as we did I was really happy they did.t fill all the open time with commericals
keith-hackney1
2/22/09 8:33:21AM
I went last night you guys. I was a little upset to see a few empty seats.
One thing i need to say, although most british fans are relatively new to the ufc and quite alot of boo's were being blasted around the arena at times. IT was nice to hear the applause for nate marquardt when he escaped wilson gouvier's gillotine attempt. There was some knowledgeable mma fans there who really appriciated every fight they were seeing. On the whole, was good for what it was.
The UK fans are becoming MMA minded. The more and more this UFC event keeps coming to this country, the bigger and bigger it will get here. Long time coming.
cmb19932
2/22/09 10:32:57AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by kris_ericson

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by kris_ericson

3 rounds of non-stop WAR!

you dont have to see it kelly was in it
emfleek
2/22/09 11:22:17AM
UFC 95 was a really good event, imo. Lots of action.
jiujitsufreak74
2/22/09 11:44:30AM
UFC 95 was one of he best cards i have seen in a while. however, Diego vs Stevenson was the only fight i didn't like so i was disappointed when i heard it got FOTN. Kelly vs Mandolonez should have gotten the nod imo.
MMAcca
2/22/09 12:15:59PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

UFC 95 was one of he best cards i have seen in a while. however, Diego vs Stevenson was the only fight i didn't like so i was disappointed when i heard it got FOTN. Kelly vs Mandolonez should have gotten the nod imo.

xphycorx
2/22/09 1:28:50PM
did they just up the bonuses? i thought they were $30,000??
Red-Dragon
2/22/09 1:29:43PM

I went to the event and have to say that Sanchez v Stevenson was the only dissapointing fight. Great night overall.

Just goes to show that often fights that may not look so glamorous on paper can often be the best because the fighters try so much harder in order to impress.
ziegler3334
2/22/09 1:52:30PM
I always like it when a card gets blasted for being a "weak card" and it ends up being a really entertaining card. 95 was a perfect example. We got to see 9 fights, with lots of finishes. The main event was my least favorite, but i still feel like it was a great event. I never should have doubted you ufc.
lohmann
2/22/09 3:16:04PM
I agree with the FotN. Kelly/Mandaloniz was a war but Kelly won the decision big. Stevenson had a late surge in grabbing the third round and made that fight closer than it seemed like it was going to be for the opening round. I'd put Marquardt and Dunham over Thiago for KotN. That flying knee and spinning backfist combination took a while but it was fairly amazing.

Joe Silva is the linchpin of the UFC's success. He knows how to throw together fights with a relatively limited pool of well-marketed guys or top-tier fighters and usually makes it work. Cards like this make me want to see all the cards, even the ones casual fans ignore.
Wolfenstein
2/22/09 4:39:03PM

I concur. I thought Stevenson and Diego were trying a little too hard to be fight of the night. Joe Stevenson is spending time trying to rile up the crowd in the third round, while he's losing the fight. It seemed like he was more concerned about getting a fight of the night award than winning the fight--that just doesn't sit right with me. Just go out there and try to win the fight--the crowd pleasing thing just rubs me the wrong way because it just seems manufactured.
higdon10
2/22/09 8:03:40PM
Great card. I agree with the awards.