UFC 85 - Rashad Evans vs. Chuck Liddell CONFIRMED

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 85 - Rashad Evans vs. Chuck Liddell CONFIRMED
POLL: Who Will Win And How
Chuck KO/TKO/KTFO 79% (37)
Chuck Sub/Tap 0% (0)
Chuck Decision 9% (4)
Rashad KO/TKO 4% (2)
Rashad Sub/Tap 4% (2)
Rashad Decision 4% (2)
RMFG_187
3/6/08 8:46:08PM
It’s the fight he’s waited for since he arrived in the UFC back in 2005. On June 7, at the O2 Arena in London, England, unbeaten light heavyweight contender “Sugar” Rashad Evans gets his wish granted as he takes on former UFC 205-pound champion Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell in the main event of UFC 85: London.

Web Link
RMFG_187
3/6/08 8:47:22PM
now that we solved who Chuck's fighting, Who will get Thiago Silva? My guess is Soko.
juanez13
3/6/08 9:25:40PM

Posted by RMFG_187

now that we solved who Chuck's fighting, Who will get Thiago Silva? My guess is Soko.

Soko is fighting Nakamura, my guess is stephan bonnar.
JoeySteel
3/7/08 12:58:45AM
best news I heard about LHW div in a while
jakeiceman
3/7/08 1:36:23AM
Chuck knocks him out...hard! I can't believe that no-one cares about this subject..guess there are alot of liddell haters out there.
Kpro
3/7/08 1:40:05AM
This will be a highlight reel KTFO.
tmas
3/7/08 4:13:42AM
get yo popcorn ready Rashad gonna make this a KTFO on Liddell!
CornishMMA
3/7/08 6:34:47AM

Posted by Kpro

This will be a highlight reel KTFO.

This is one of those times where i hope and pray i am wrong but ............... i couldnt disagree more, i just dont see Chuck landing it, Wandy and Jardine both fought alot more aggressively than Rashas will, the guy is just gonna dance for 15
snakeplissken
3/7/08 6:47:14AM
What a let down I was hoping for Liddell/Alexander. Evans will try and bore a decision out of Liddell, here's hoping he gets caught with an overhand right.
gsquat
3/7/08 10:05:58AM
Prepare to be reminded why Rashad is undefeated in the top ten, and in the most stacked division in the UFC. Evans to DOMINATE Liddell. R2/3 Submission. You've seen how Liddell handled one TUF contestant. Now he'll have to handle another who already beat the one he lost to. TUF, Its the next generation of fighters.
Aaronno9
3/7/08 10:25:18AM
I just cant see any way for rashad to take this fight. His striking isnt as good as jardines (forget the knockout of an over rated sean salamon) and if he struggled to take bisping down theres no way hes taking the ice man down. Plus chucks got a pretty solid chin so i cant seen rashad even being able to land a lucky k.o. This is pretty much a perfect match for chuck, but i think rashad will try to be elusive as possible and not get k.o'd till late in the fight.
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/7/08 12:44:43PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by RMFG_187

Soko is fighting Nakamura, my guess is stephan bonnar.

Ew.

how about Gouivea?
moob
3/7/08 1:46:52PM

Posted by Aaronno9

I just cant see any way for rashad to take this fight. His striking isnt as good as jardines (forget the knockout of an over rated sean salamon) and if he struggled to take bisping down theres no way hes taking the ice man down. Plus chucks got a pretty solid chin so i cant seen rashad even being able to land a lucky k.o. This is pretty much a perfect match for chuck, but i think rashad will try to be elusive as possible and not get k.o'd till late in the fight.

Can't disagree with that assessment.
Porch28
3/7/08 6:34:28PM
About time they make Rashad prove he's not top 5 material. Chuck with a wicked KO
NatedawgThaM
3/7/08 6:45:45PM
Rashad wasn't man enough to stand with Bisping so there's no way he'll stand with Liddell. Tito proved he's a better wrestler in there fight and he couldn't get Liddell down so no way Rashad will. It's going to be a boring fight though since Liddell is fighting a grappler. He's exciting when he fights strikers but now he'll be hesitant and Rashad will run away and shoot on occassion making it boring.

I'm going Liddell UD.
Muay-Thai_Mogwai
3/7/08 7:01:21PM
Im ready for Evans to get KNOCKED THE **** OUT. Evans is leaving on a stretcher, and it will be funny shit....Only time i will ever say this, WAR LIDDELL!