UFC 84 - my picks

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » UFC 84 - my picks
sakulbn
5/24/08 12:33:39PM

Ivan Salaverry vs Rousimar Palhares

Ivan - MMA veteran with record 12 - 6 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw). Rousimar is a young blood with record 7 - 1 - 0. I'm going with Rousimar, and that's why:

- Ivan is 37 years old
- Ivan fights once a year...
- Rousimar isn't that good stand up fighter as Ivan but it's going to be a ground battle where Rousimar have an advantage
- Rousimar have a bizzare strenght + he is very dynamic
- Rousimar have great submission skills, on the ground he is dengerous in every position. He is hard to submit - short arms and legs, strong neck
- Ivan is a experienced and smart fighter, I don't think he's going to risk injury by some leglock or other Palhares weapon
- Rousimar is coming from very strong Brazilian Top Team

Ivan Salaverry 1.75
Rousimar Palhares 2.24

Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs John Koppenhaver

Yoshida - 9 - 2 - 0
John - 5 - 1 - 0

- both guys are well rounded but yoshida has solid judo background
- John isn't that solid fighter as Yoshida
- John hasn't fought witch such a good fighter as Yoshida
- John isn't the guy that i can trust, he have troubles with the law, he isn't 100 % pro fighter
- That's Yoshida's debut in the UFC but he has fought in the octagon with the rules very similar to the UFC (elbows) and he know how to use fence in the fight

John Koppenhaver 2.51
Yoshiyuki Yoshida 1.62
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/24/08 12:47:41PM
I agree with both
Twenty20Dollars
5/24/08 2:14:17PM
I want to believe that jon can with this fight but i might change it to yoshida but everything that i change my picks at the last moment, the guy that i change to pick to win the win usually looses, like rampage vs hendo, i had rampage and then changed it to hendo.
dannyfrank
5/24/08 3:43:41PM
i have a feeling that koppenhaver is going to win
prozacnation1978
5/24/08 4:16:05PM
i agree with both as well, i want yoshida to win to eventually have a rematch with dan hardy later on, hardy wants him badly
sakulbn
5/26/08 5:00:40PM
Ivan Salaverry 1.75
Rousimar Palhares 2.24

John Koppenhaver 2.51
Yoshiyuki Yoshida 1.62

Yoshida at the beginning of the fight send his opponent flying with a beautifull throw . Couple seconds later he put him to sleep by a anaconda choke.

Palhares also took his opponent to the ground and force him to tap out with a sweet armbar one minute later.

Stay tuned for my ELITEXC picks (31 may) here and at MMA 4 LIFE

cheers