M-1-new years eve FEDOR vs CHOI

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » M-1-new years eve FEDOR vs CHOI
POLL: How will the fight go
Fedor in the 1rst 62% (13)
Fedor in the 2nd 14% (3)
Fedor in the 3rd 0% (0)
Fedor by Decision 5% (1)
Choi in a huge upset 19% (4)
hippysmacker
11/21/07 8:34:56PM
As disappointing as his opponent is to me , he still has some advantages against Fedor. He's heavier, taller, and has great reach. If he got a clinch , and could actually land some knees, it's theoretically possible he could Ko fedor. I think it's highly more likely that as soon as he tried Fedor would dump him on the mat and sub him. So how long do you think it will last? I thought Fedor was just toying with Coleman when they fought at pride 32. At the least he just waited till Coleman was exhausted ,and beat up going for the take down, till he let it go the floor. Sub came really quick after that. So whether Fedor was sandbagging to Showcase himself to the American crowd, or he just knew he had it in hand and was waiting for Coleman to exhaust himself, it sure seemed like a mismatch. I think this one is too. Still, the last time he fought a giant ( Schilt) kick boxer it went to a decision. I'm gonna go with Fedor in the second.
tuvok500
11/21/07 8:49:47PM
this fight is a circus fight. i don't believe that you are trying to pretent that it is a real fight and Fedor is in danger !! LOL

a couple of hours ago, it was suppose to be Monson, according to fedor's agent anyways!!

anyways, my pick is not in the pool, i pick Fedor RD 0 UD !! Choi will not present himself !!! LOL

Sambo, tango , cha cha ,circus champ !! go Fedor !!! LOL

Scott_Revels
11/21/07 10:11:58PM
Crowd by Boredom. ZZzZzZzZzZz Sounds like a good point to go to the bathroom/leave.

(i'm not nuthugging anything, I just think that after an illustrious career, to fight Choi is to slap the face of all the fans.. I haven't seen him fight, so it won't be sad for me, but I know of his abilities, and this is below him. I kind've hope Choi wins.)
Mayhem13
11/21/07 11:35:54PM
Feodr by TKO ground strikes at 2:31 in round 1
postman
11/22/07 1:28:04AM
Will we be able to watch M1 fights are they PPV or online?
cmill21
11/22/07 1:44:34AM
Is this confirmed? Choi wasn't listed by M-1 when they announced their card, and this is like the 10th rumord opponent for Fedor.
hippysmacker
11/22/07 3:47:39AM

Posted by cmill21

Is this confirmed? Choi wasn't listed by M-1 when they announced their card, and this is like the 10th rumord opponent for Fedor.

From Sherdog. If they are wrong it would be the first time . It's not like it's just something someone mentioned as a rumor. they had a guy at the press conference. Heres the article from the Sherdog front page.

M-1 Global Teams with Former PRIDE Staff
Options: Email Article | Printer Friendly
M-1 Global Teams with Former PRIDE StaffWednesday, November 21, 2007
by Tim Leidecker (tleidecker@sherdog.com)

M-1 Global and former members of Dream Stage Entertainment announced Wednesday in Tokyo that they will collaborate on a New Year's Eve event at Saitama Super Arena.

Among the representatives present at the news conference, which was held at the arena, were M-1 Global executive committee member and M-1 Mix Fight president Vadim Finkelstein, PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko (Pictures), former PRIDE president Nobuhiko Takada (Pictures), PRIDE's former public relations representative Keiichi Sasahara, DEEP boss and former Bushido matchmaker Shigeru Saeki, former PRIDE MC's Kei Grant and Lenne Hardt as well as Daisuke Sato, the man behind the production for the company.

The large group of former and current power brokers of the Japanese MMA market announced a joint venture for Dec. 31 that will have Emelianenko fight in the main event against Korean kickboxer Hong Man Choi (Pictures).

Other possible participants named were former Bushido aces Hayato Sakurai (Pictures), Shinya Aoki (Pictures), Tatsuya Kawajiri (Pictures), Mitsuhiro Ishida (Pictures) and Kazuo Misaki (Pictures). Top foreign free agents mentioned were Joachim Hansen (Pictures), Ricardo Arona (Pictures), Gilbert Melendez (Pictures) and Luiz Azeredo (Pictures). M-1 also brought up Russian heavyweights Aleksander Emelianenko (Pictures) and Roman Zentsov (Pictures).

Although the event will not be available on Japanese cable TV, SkyPerfecTV has agreed to carry the show on pay-per-view.

Mastodon2
11/22/07 5:45:40AM
Choi is gonna be exhuasted after Le Banner Mauls him on Dec 8th. He won't be on top form for Fedor, and even if he was, what is his takedown defence going to be like? Even a lot of top grapplers have proved that takedown defence against normal opponents isn't enough for Fedor.

Fedor will take him down and sub him in the first round.
cmill21
11/22/07 9:14:10AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Choi is gonna be exhuasted after Le Banner Mauls him on Dec 8th. He won't be on top form for Fedor, and even if he was, what is his takedown defence going to be like? Even a lot of top grapplers have proved that takedown defence against normal opponents isn't enough for Fedor.

Fedor will take him down and sub him in the first round.

Yeah LeBanner will kill him and then Fedor will kill him. Ahh well if all your going for in your career is to be able to say "I got my ass kicked by two legends in two different combat sports in under a month" then thats your business. I have very little respect for choi, theres no way in hell you should be taking a fight with Fedor, the same month your fighting in the biggest K-1 event of the year. Sorry this just seems like asking to have a serious injury occur.
CornishMMA
11/22/07 9:20:59AM
I think people are being a bit OTT with the freak fighter thing, Choi ISNT like Akebono or Zulu etc, he does have good striking skills whereby he could get a KO, this is what hippysmacker was saying and its pretty damn ignorant to disagree with it!
cmill21
11/22/07 9:24:18AM

Posted by CornishMMA

I think people are being a bit OTT with the freak fighter thing, Choi ISNT like Akebono or Zulu etc, he does have good striking skills whereby he could get a KO, this is what hippysmacker was saying and its pretty damn ignorant to disagree with it!

I don't disagree at all. I just disagree with him taking this fight 21 days after he will be competing against JLB. To me he is either admitting to himself that he will lose to JLB, or he's just being stupid.
loller90278
11/22/07 5:25:56PM
i doubt he'll have the doctors clearance to fight just after 21 days, cuz i see JLB knocking him out in k-1..

man i'd rather see fedor vs monson or rizzo or aleks or barrney or kharitonov, anybody but choi.
Rush
11/23/07 1:42:44PM
I still don't see this as anything but a rumour. Fedor's official site doesn't have this in the news section, which to me tells me that it is at least not official.