10-9 Kimbo In Round 2?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » 10-9 Kimbo In Round 2?
DCRage
6/3/08 7:25:51AM

Yes, that is the actual scorecard from Kimbo-JT, with one judge actually scoring the second round 10-9 Kimbo. That was the round where JT only landed 70+ straight unanswered shots over the last 80 seconds or so. Oh, this disclaimer from Mania: "Keep in mind that Elite XC does not hire judges nor appoint them to score certain fights. That’s the responsibility of the state athletic commission, which is its own entity and completely separate from Elite XC or any other promotion for that matter." (I'm pretty sure it's the same way with UFC, WEC, and so on)
grappler0000
6/3/08 7:32:22AM
Yeah, I thought that was pretty crazy when I heard about it. And they wonder why people are crying fix.

Also, I thought it's a little odd that they used Slice instead of Ferguson on the scorecard...maybe it's just me.
SmileR
6/3/08 8:20:38AM
What?!?!
How do you get to be a judge? Is their any type of exam you have to pass? I'm not saying that guy doesn't know what he's doing but that is terrible scoring!
Is that the real card though?
grappler0000
6/3/08 8:29:36AM

Posted by SmileR

Is their any type of exam you have to pass?

Apparently an eye exam is not a prerequisite.

The-Don
6/3/08 12:23:10PM
they mentioned one of the judges scored in favor of slice that 2nd round on one of the broadcasts I heard may have even been the night of the event... .. I still think the ref was instructed to stop the fight in kimbo's favor first chance that he got....
jiujitsufreak74
6/3/08 2:29:23PM
damn...if JT was able to continue...which he should have...he would have won. something does seem very fishy, because i don't think Kimbo would have necessarily finished the fight there. he had JT in that spot multiple times, and JT was able to duck into a takedown since Kimbo planted every time. Kimbo should have used knees when JT ducked, but instead he would whiff with a brawling uppercut and then get taken down. it is a shame that this was stained with controversy.

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by SmileR

most obviously not
Franklinfan47
6/3/08 2:47:22PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by SmileR

And apparently smoking crack is the prerequisite
puppetmaster837
6/3/08 3:34:00PM
One judge has it 10-8 for Thompson, how could that judge possibly have Kimbo winning that round?
breakdown5
6/3/08 11:37:39PM
I have no idea what fight that judge was watching but Thompson definitely won the second round.
Pookie
6/3/08 11:44:48PM
i think when shit like that happens the judge who obviously knows nothing of what he is watching should get fired immediately.

Just like any other job, if you're terrible at it... you get the boot. And considering that was practically a 10-8 round i just dont see how that guy can keep his job.

Qorvus
6/4/08 3:20:00PM
This looks more like a summary card (There's no way 3 judges are all huddling over 1 tiny card. Maybe I'm wrong). Is it possible it was just transcribed incorrectly to this card? Has this judge spoken out yet?
RMFG_187
6/5/08 7:56:18PM

Posted by breakdown5

I have no idea what fight that judge was watching but Thompson definitely won the second round.

ur avatar gave me a F***ING SEIZURE!
CornishMMA
6/6/08 7:22:41AM
LOL yeah please set a time delay on that at the end!

The judge was ......................... A NEW JUDGE

Dan Mirgugurgugligiogotta is on the Jordan Breen show if anyone is intereseted on Sherdog.com. He defends the stoppage and at least lets us knopw it was nothing to do with "exploding ear"