UFC 97 - Keith Jardine lined up to take on Luiz Cane

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 97 - Keith Jardine lined up to take on Luiz Cane
Wolfenstein
1/8/09 4:54:35AM
UFC light heavyweight contender, Keith Jardine will not be making an appearance at UFC 96 as expected, but instead will resurface at UFC 97, most likely against the ever dangerous Luiz Cane.

On Wednesday, a source close to Jardine said the Greg Jackson trained fighter was recently moved back to UFC 97 on Apr. 18 in Montreal, Canada.

link
EvenFlow
1/8/09 6:18:35AM
My boy Cane is gonna knock him out.
breakdown5
1/8/09 7:26:00AM
Cane will eat him alive.
The_Metal_Maniac
1/8/09 7:47:41AM
This has fight of the night potential. Cane has been on one hell of a hot streak. Jardine on the other hand is fighting to survive in the UFC. If Cane can handle Jardines awkward stand up it should be an easy night for him, however if he can't it should be a long drawn out war.
Manfred
1/8/09 7:51:07AM
Poor Keith. Up,down,up,down....Forrest ^, Houston v, Liddell ^, Wandy v, Vera ^ .....He's due for another v. Cane via rd 1 KTFO
PABLOMAFIOSO
1/8/09 8:27:13AM
Agreed, Jardine is a bit inconsistant. I don't think he can win this one.
theguido
1/8/09 8:46:52AM
These are the fights The Dean wins the ones he gets counted out of I find it hard to believe that I'm alone here on this but IMO jardine is one of the best at comming with a game plan, not that it always works but when it does it pays out for him. It seems like not to long ago people were talking about how Jardine was a tactical wiz and noew it seems like there's no confidence in him so I'm taking Keith 2nd RD KO
ohiostate1016
1/8/09 9:47:24AM
I kinda knew that this fight was going to happen, but I really wanted it to happen in Columbus so that I'd get to see it!

I have the feeling that they're trying to get Cane (another) name win. After that, they may set him up against a bigger name (possibly the loser of Silva/Machida) to really test him on the highest level.

I think that he passes this test.
gsquat
1/8/09 10:11:04AM
Oooooooooo NO Keith! Oh no! He might as well knock himself out now, cuz he's gonna get it.
wiggum
1/8/09 10:13:47AM
i think cane takes this one, but not as easily as people are jumping too.......its just a bad style matchup for jardine...jardine is an awkward fighter, but still very good and (its hard to tell) but technical, but has a chin that is starting to get exposed by some big hitters......cane, a bjj black belt, with excellent pin point striking, and extremely durable (look no further than the first rd beating he took from soko before ko'n him the second)...the guy doesnt stop and doesnt get fazed, but at the same time patient....he held his composer against lambert as well, who you can say what ya want about the guy, but lambert brings hard pressure and cane dealt with that pressure like it was nothing......its a bad style matchup cuz jardine's style lends to alot of openings to capitlize on....he's not gonna outstrike cane, but he might have the better wrestling, so if he takes it to the ground, it will be interesting to see canes ground game against a top fighter....ive watched him on the ground in some of his very first fights..granted it was against lesser compitetion, but he still was pretty dominant at having his way, even off his back....so i dont think he will have problems there......in the end, i think the very first rd is mostly boring, feeling out stages, and then towards the end of the rd and going into the second, cane starts landing while jardine counter punches effectively...but in the end just takes a couple too many and gets put to the ground and tko'd.....plus, like the earlier post said, its jardines turn to lose by ko, haha
Sir_Karl
1/8/09 10:27:19AM
Jardine is going to sleep again.
Hendo67
1/8/09 11:06:22AM
Good o'l fashion beatdown in this one, haha.

Poor Jardine.
prozacnation1978
1/8/09 11:50:58AM
i think cane will knock him out i was hoping this fight was gonna happen in march
Twenty20Dollars
1/8/09 12:16:20PM
I dont even think the nipple pinch can save jardine here. Ha

Cane by R2 tko, but I wouldnt be too shocked if jardine won.
postman
1/8/09 1:21:19PM
Jardine's style makes for his up and down career. He is just like Chuck he goes out and swings for the ko. Chuck was lucky enough to only face ground guys for something like 6 years so it worked for him but that style isn't going to fly in the UFC now def not at 205.
Bowen50
1/8/09 2:16:49PM
goodnight Keith
mk1630
1/8/09 2:32:59PM
Cant wait to see this fight. Im with pretty much everyone else here and taking Cane by KO early.
Wolfenstein
1/8/09 2:35:36PM
I really like this matchup. I don't see Jardine lasting long though. Luiz is a patient striker, but once he finds his range he is aggressive and accurate. I can't imagine Jardine withstanding a few flush shots on the chin.
telnights
1/8/09 2:38:27PM
This is really bad match up for Jardine. I see Jardine taking a nap in the first. Cane has just the style that Jardine has a hard time with.
Gipper
1/8/09 2:48:11PM
to all you guys saying cane will do this cane will do that. keith jardine has beat liddell, griffin and vera. i will never under estimate this guy ever again. saying all that luiz cane is a scary fighter who looks like he can take out anyone in the lhw div. hopefully this fight will be a war. 2 scary looking fella's thats for sure.