K-1 Hero's teaming up with EXC?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » K-1 Hero's teaming up with EXC?
ffforgottenx
3/22/07 7:15:31PM
According to this page , K-1 Hero's and elite xc have teamed up for an event in june, which would make sense considering all the talk of Hero's coming to the US.. here is the tentative fight card

ELITE XTREME COMBAT: JUNE 2, 2007 ON PAY-PER-VIEW
venue: L.A. Coliseum in Los Angeles, California

-Brock Lesnar vs. Hong-Man Choi
-Royce Gracie vs. TBA
-Jake Shields (#7 Welterweight in the World)* vs. TBA
-Johnnie Morton vs. TBA
JuggaloWarrior878
3/23/07 2:17:54AM
cant wait good to see a new slightly powerful face
ac_gi
3/23/07 2:22:26AM
My wife is going to leave me if I keep buying all these PPV's.

Maybe I should send a question regarding this topic to Dear Don.
mmadb
3/23/07 2:41:10PM
I think Elite XC is doing a co-production with Strikeforce as well. If that's the case I think they are heading in the right direction with all this co-promotion, I only see good coming from this.
ffforgottenx
3/23/07 2:49:29PM

Posted by mmadb

I think Elite XC is doing a co-production with Strikeforce as well. If that's the case I think they are heading in the right direction with all this co-promotion, I only see good coming from this.

indeed, they are doing a co-promotion with strikeforce for the frank shamrock vs phil baroni fight (assuming it actually goes down).. according to mmaweekly, its scheduled for june 22nd.. here is what they have down

STRIKEFORCE / ELITE XC: JUNE 22, 2007 ON PAY-PER-VIEW
San Jose, California

-Frank Shamrock vs. Phil Baroni
-Murilo "Ninja" Rua vs. Joey Villasenor for the vacant EliteXC Middleweight Title
-Paul Buentello vs. TBA
-Josh Thomson vs. TBA
-Javier Vazquez vs. TBA

looks like a solid lineup to me, even though its just starting out.. ninja vs villasenor will be a great fight, and im always down for a josh thomson fight.. good to see javier vazquez going at it after like 4 years (excluding his last fight with EXC in february)
migo
3/23/07 4:13:36PM
They should do Royce Gracie vs Manny Reyes Jr.