WHAT'S NEXT FOR UFC'S HERMES FRANCA

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » WHAT'S NEXT FOR UFC'S HERMES FRANCA
MMAcca
7/28/08 8:30:40AM
It’s been a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs for UFC lightweight Hermes Franca over the past 12 months.

After getting his much awaited 155-pound title shot against Sean Sherk at last July’s UFC 73, following a succession of impressive wins, Franca tested positive for a banned substance, sidelining him due to a suspension by the California State Athletic Commission.

Upon serving his suspension, Hermes was eager to return to action and was called to do so at Ultimate Fight Night 14 against up and comer Frankie Edgar. Finally Franca would have an opportunity to redeem himself.

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
7/28/08 10:36:39AM
Maybe WEC, idk guy is kinda getting old but is still exciting.
whardin19
7/28/08 4:49:29PM
I don't think they should jump the gun and send him to the WEC just yet. The guy had a long layoff and had some ring rust. I say give him another fight before the end of the year against a solid opponent and he will do much better. Maybe against the guy that beat his last opponent Gray Maynard. I think Edgar knocks out Gray if he would fight him. That would get him back on track.
bullettdodger
7/28/08 6:05:07PM

Posted by whardin19

I don't think they should jump the gun and send him to the WEC just yet. The guy had a long layoff and had some ring rust. I say give him another fight before the end of the year against a solid opponent and he will do much better. Maybe against the guy that beat his last opponent Gray Maynard. I think Edgar knocks out Gray if he would fight him. That would get him back on track.

Edgar got handled by Gray Maynard when they fought. Gray was just way bigger and a better wrestler. Frankie "The Answer" Edgar was anything but that night. I am bitter though because Frankie never wins when i pick him and always wins when i pick against him
casketcoin
7/28/08 7:17:34PM
hermes is the man...with that said i was very disappointed the night he fought edgar.But the UFC does not need to get rid of him anytime soon.To good of a fighter to get thrown away this early