UFC 87 - Franca vs. Edgar?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 87 - Franca vs. Edgar?
RMFG_187
6/2/08 2:53:16PM
i was just looking in upcoming events, and I saw this!

What do u think will happen? Will it be a good fight? Will Hermes make a comeback to the top?

This seems like it will be an awesome fight.

First time Edgar will be KO'd?

What do yall think
juanez13
6/2/08 3:15:48PM
Yea m taking Franca, By flying Knee.
whardin19
6/2/08 4:40:26PM
Even though I like Frankie Edgar, I think this is going to be his second loss in a row. Hermes is just an animal. As long as there isn't any ring rust he should win this fight.
RandyCouture
6/2/08 4:42:45PM
Im taking edgar on this one I think he will be able to utalize his striking and good movement to get the takedown and control him similar to how sherk did.

Saying Edgar by UD
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/2/08 4:44:37PM
fireworks written all over this!

FRANCA late tko
seanfu
6/2/08 4:54:07PM
I admitt I haven't seen many of Franca's fights but judging from what I did see he's been overrated. Big puncher, can take anyone at any moment, but still needs that one shot in my opinion.

I think Edgar can beat him on the ground
tberg420
6/2/08 5:27:43PM
I really enjoy Hermes and his fighting style. However, I worry about Frankie Edgar and his and just my opinion "laying and praying" style. I don't think that he will stand with Hermes, so it's probably going to be a decision victory for Edgar.
gartface
6/2/08 6:30:14PM
Edgar isn't on the level with Franca. But I think after this fight the WEC will have a new high powered Featherweight!
Franklinfan47
6/2/08 7:44:36PM

Posted by tberg420

I really enjoy Hermes and his fighting style. However, I worry about Frankie Edgar and his and just my opinion "laying and praying" style. I don't think that he will stand with Hermes, so it's probably going to be a decision victory for Edgar.

"laying and praying style"? Dude, go watch Tyson Griffin vs Frank Edger.
RandyCouture
6/2/08 8:46:17PM
Ya dude edgar is not a lay and pray he is very technical he is always looking for a better position and working while he is down there
tberg420
6/2/08 8:50:47PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by tberg420

As I stated it was my opinion. One exciting fight doesn't always been that your not fitting that style. I would say watch Spencer Fisher vs Frankie Edgar and watch Edgar scared of the stand up, so he instantly shoots and holds the entire time. It's just an opinion man, not a big deal.
Franklinfan47
6/2/08 9:36:59PM

Posted by seanfu

I admitt I haven't seen many of Franca's fights but judging from what I did see he's been overrated. Big puncher, can take anyone at any moment, but still needs that one shot in my opinion.

I think Edgar can beat him on the ground

Wouldn't bank on it dude, Franca's pretty well versed in jj. I just don't think people realize it because he likes to stand and trade.
NatedawgThaM
6/2/08 10:04:35PM
Hermes chin is rock solid and his BJJ is pretty good too. So Frankie won't finish him but I think he'll out point and out wrestle him and win a decision. I think it will be a very good fight though.I think we will see how much Frankie's stand up has improved. He'd be fool to try and out wrestle him for the whole 3 rounds but since Hermes stand up isn't that great but based on pure power, Frankie will out box him badly since his boxing is pretty good and out wrestle him on the ground to get back to the feet.

Frankie Unanimous Decision in a good entertaining fight.
Kpro
6/2/08 10:05:59PM
This is one of those fights that I'd like to see go 5. I don't think 3 will settle it.
NatedawgThaM
6/2/08 10:29:15PM

Posted by tberg420

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by tberg420

As I stated it was my opinion. One exciting fight doesn't always been that your not fitting that style. I would say watch Spencer Fisher vs Frankie Edgar and watch Edgar scared of the stand up, so he instantly shoots and holds the entire time. It's just an opinion man, not a big deal.

I would say watch Edgar-Bocek. It's the same thing you just said. Just because of one fight does not mean he fits that "LNP style." It was more of a styles match up. Why would Edgar try and stand with Fisher who is a dangerous striker with obvious better striking? His wrestling is much better then Fishers ground game so why not exploit it? And I would disagree that Edgar was LNPing against Fisher. I thought it was a pretty entertaining bout. Shoot, UFC Unleashed and WIRED would never show LNP fights and they showed that fight.

But that's your opinion so it's cool.
tberg420
6/2/08 10:35:01PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by tberg420

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by tberg420

I would say watch Edgar-Bocek. It's the same thing you just said. Just because of one fight does not mean he fits that "LNP style." It was more of a styles match up. Why would Edgar try and stand with Fisher who is a dangerous striker with obvious better striking? His wrestling is much better then Fishers ground game so why not exploit it? And I would disagree that Edgar was LNPing against Fisher. I thought it was a pretty entertaining bout. Shoot, UFC Unleashed and WIRED would never show LNP fights and they showed that fight.

I watched that fight (Fisher/Edgar) and it was boring. Edgar did nothing but take him down and lay on him. Apparently everyone missed the boat on this one. I was simply stating the same thing that you yourself stated. That Edgar will take down Hermes at will and just hold him. Again, everyone has an opinion, you thought that it was entertaining, I thought that it was boring. Your not right and neither am I so please stop trying to prove my opinion as wrong to myself.
Franklinfan47
6/2/08 11:43:25PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by tberg420

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by tberg420

prozacnation1978
6/3/08 10:51:27AM
edgar would be crazy to stand with hermes, he would just throw knees at him, and one would catch him and knock him out.
god i hope this makes the main card
theguido
6/3/08 12:24:34PM
Edgar seemed to gas earily at ufn 13 probally cause of the altitude but if Hermes pushes it to the late round we could see the same thing.
tylerlee123
6/3/08 3:00:50PM
I'd have to go with Franca on this one just based on the fact that he did really well against Sherk and im not seeing him lose just yet