UFC 86 - Forrest can't win another big upset.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 86 - Forrest can't win another big upset.
BrokenGloves
7/5/08 3:12:04PM
Can Forrest win TWO big upsets in a row? Hell, no. Rampage beat Dan Henderson who is like a smaller (but better) version of Forrest (strong chin, average striking, good wrestler). Rampage will have no problems beating Forrest.

Rampage -280 by KO (4 units)

My other picks for tonight.

Joe “Daddy” Stevenson -280 (2 units)

Corey Hill -230 (2 units)

Parlay - Rampage, Joe Stevenson (1 unit)
EON
7/5/08 3:22:45PM
Yeah unless Rampage was injured like Shogun was this is gonna be a bad night for Forrest.
npayant
7/5/08 3:56:16PM

Posted by BrokenGloves

Can Forrest win TWO big upsets in a row? Hell, no. Rampage beat Dan Henderson who is like a smaller (but better) version of Forrest (strong chin, average striking, good wrestler). Rampage will have no problems beating Forrest.

Rampage -280 by KO (4 units)

My other picks for tonight.

Joe “Daddy” Stevenson -280 (2 units)

Corey Hill -230 (2 units)

Parlay - Rampage, Joe Stevenson (1 unit)

First of all, I think Forrest can win this match even though he's a underdog. Even though his win over Shogun was shocking to most, I don't think it was shocking to Forrest (and I might add I honestly think he showed us who the real Shogun is --- out of Pride --- no matter if he was hurt or not). He believes he can win against anyone and with that mindset + his unbelievable heart...ANYTHING can happen. I know that is pretty cliche, but it's true. If he can push the pass with his "not going to give up, no matter what" attitude, we could see a new champ!!

I'm too chicken s**t to pick him though I'll stay "safe" pick one more time, BUT if Forest wins, I'm never picking against him again...

Cheering for Griffin though...
voodoo-jitsu
7/5/08 4:25:31PM

I'm too chicken s**t to pick him though I'll stay "safe" pick one more time, BUT if Forest wins, I'm never picking against him again...

Cheering for Griffin though...
i changed my pick atleast 4 times
DevonFoxy
7/5/08 4:41:43PM

Posted by BrokenGloves

Dan Henderson who is like a smaller (but better) version of Forrest (strong chin, average striking, good wrestler).

What?......Sorry I like Forrest alot but you can't compare him to Forrest. really

Hendos chin is MUCH MUCH better than Forrest's
Hendo is a MUCH MUCH better wrestler than Forrest
and Hendo is a MUCH better striker than Forrest.

I see where you say (but better) but still I honestly don't think they belong in the same sentence. And I'm a Forrest fan.

Henderson is just that good.
tommyprairie
7/5/08 4:53:59PM
I am not sayng Forrest will easily win, but his game plan will be better than Hendo. Forrest is training with Couture, best game plans in the biz (see silva, gonzaga ect.). Also, Hendo had a terrible gameplan. If he wanted he could have clinched and took Rampage down over and over, he's world class in Greco. He tried to stand with a better striker.

I am betting Forrest grinds out a painful split dec. Wins 48-47
RMFG_187
7/5/08 5:13:46PM

Posted by BrokenGloves

Can Forrest win TWO big upsets in a row? Hell, no. Rampage beat Dan Henderson who is like a smaller (but better) version of Forrest (strong chin, average striking, good wrestler).

you really have no clue what your talking about. What does Hendo and Forrest have in common? Forrest is a good crisp striker, who seperates the distance. He has good subs, and great D from his back. Hendo is a wild striker, who focuses on looping hooks and his wrestling. seeing as how its ur first post, ur new, and shows ur sorta new to the sport.

Forrest by round 4 KO.
Gipper
7/5/08 5:53:21PM
forrest, cote and lytle are 3 of my favorite fighters and i'm picked all 3 to lose.

i hope all 3 prove that i'm an idiot!!
npayant
7/6/08 2:16:41AM
TS --- pretty rough first post for ya, it turns out.

GrizzlyChadams
7/6/08 3:34:07AM

Posted by npayant

TS --- pretty rough first post for ya, it turns out.

haha.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
7/6/08 10:24:41AM
He did and I wonder how much longer he'll be the underdog for.
cause it sounds like according to the MMA world he's an underdog to W.Silva, Jardine, Machida, even Shogun still So I guess 4 more upsets at least?
BrokenGloves
7/6/08 11:45:27AM
I have to give it to Forrest. He frustrated Rampage enough to where he did not want to close the distance. For most of the fight Rampage wanted to counter punch which caused him to lose the fight and almost lose a leg.

I think Rampage did more damage (almost a KO, gave Forrest several cuts) but Forrest won the fight by attempting more strikes and submissions.