- FEDOR VS. SYLVIA MAY HAPPEN IN JULY, NOT SIGNED

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » - FEDOR VS. SYLVIA MAY HAPPEN IN JULY, NOT SIGNED
Mchubb316
4/9/08 5:55:40PM
A proposed fight between Fedor Emelianenko and Tim Sylvia has been agreed to… at least in theory. Emelianenko confirmed the July 19 fight to Sherdog.com on Tuesday, saying that he was looking forward to fighting Sylvia.

Sources close to Sylvia’s camp said that the bout has yet to be signed, but indicated that the former UFC champion is committed to making the fight happen and has verbally agreed it.

Source

From the sounds of this article, it doesn't look like this fight is nearly the done deal, that I thought it was. I hope it does happen and likely it will, but this to me raises some doubts of it happening.
chubbud22
4/9/08 7:57:02PM
Hope they get it done
silverbullet
4/9/08 8:31:24PM
I want to see how Fedor's gonna dodge this one
ncordless
4/9/08 8:45:18PM

Posted by silverbullet

Hater in the House!
chubbud22
4/9/08 11:44:46PM

Posted by silverbullet

I like Fedor, but I would not be surprised
John_Jobber
4/10/08 12:15:10AM
If Fedor gets paid 1 million for this fight that's gonna work out to around $500k per second.

Fedor would wipe the floor with Tim and most of his camp at the same time.
RMFG_187
4/10/08 12:42:19AM
GIT R' DUN
jakeiceman
4/10/08 1:27:27AM
I agree....Fedor will find some way out of this.....and if he doesnt he is gonna be exposed for the 2 year vacation takin sack of crap he is.
cmill21
4/10/08 9:30:57AM

Posted by jakeiceman

I agree....Fedor will find some way out of this.....and if he doesnt he is gonna be exposed for the 2 year vacation takin sack of crap he is.

Well I can safely say that Fedor has fought guys that are bigger then Tim, and much better at Tim's biggest strength, the stand up. Also Choi was probably harder to take down, since he out weighs Tim by 100 lbs, it's not easy to get a guy that big on the ground if he doesn't want to.
silverbullet
4/10/08 9:42:04AM

Posted by cmill21

Well I can safely say that Fedor has fought guys that are bigger then Tim, and much better at Tim's biggest strength, the stand up. Also Choi was probably harder to take down, since he out weighs Tim by 100 lbs, it's not easy to get a guy that big on the ground if he doesn't want to.

Fedor hasn't faced an MMA fighter of Tim's level since fighting Big Nog.
casey64
4/10/08 9:43:17AM

Posted by John_Jobber

If Fedor gets paid 1 million for this fight that's gonna work out to around $500k per second.

Fedor would wipe the floor with Tim and most of his camp at the same time.