- UFC 92 TO FEATURE NOG VS MIR, GRIFFIN VS EVANS & SILVA VS RAMPAGE

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » - UFC 92 TO FEATURE NOG VS MIR, GRIFFIN VS EVANS & SILVA VS RAMPAGE
Next Page »
nickcuc547
10/2/08 6:53:27AM
The Ultimate Fighting Championship expects to close out 2008 with a bang as the promotion has decided on three key match-ups for their year end show on Dec 27.

Interim heavyweight champion, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira will face Frank Mir, while light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin returns to action defending his belt against Rashad Evans and Wanderlei Silva goes for three in a row against former 205lb champion, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson.

The news was confirmed by UFC President Dana White to Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7248&zoneid=2
ufcboss
10/2/08 7:49:47AM
OMFG, Thats killer!

Hopefully my boy Forrest will finally shut down Rashard!
WAR FORREST! I smell a head kick.....

And with Nog/Mir + Rampage/Wanderlei I will just sit there and enjoy the moment and may the better men win......

Wow, What an end to the year!

What will be the main event, You gotta go with the LHW Championship, Not the HW Championship fight because the real one is the mainevent of UFC:91.
imanidiot777
10/2/08 8:18:01AM
I believe it is also possible for the GSP vs. Penn non-title fight to be on this card? That would make four ridiculous fights.
saemskin
10/2/08 8:45:34AM
When did they announce Forrest vs Rashad?
The pace in that fight is going to be frenetic, both of those guys are high energy.

One question.
Is rashad going to take him down or stand and bang? Interesting either way. Then after Wandy destroys Rampages shit talking ass yet again, he can get his title shot and I think he would beat either one of these two with an animalistic onslaught that only he is capable of.
Taylor8766
10/2/08 8:50:19AM
Ya this card is stacked, and also Yushin Okami is fighting Dean Lister probably for the #1 contendership, I can't wait
matt_black
10/2/08 8:56:05AM

Posted by nickcuc547

The Ultimate Fighting Championship expects to close out 2008 with a bang as the promotion has decided on three key match-ups for their year end show on Dec 27.

Interim heavyweight champion, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira will face Frank Mir, while light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin returns to action defending his belt against Rashad Evans and Wanderlei Silva goes for three in a row against former 205lb champion, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson.

The news was confirmed by UFC President Dana White to Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7248&zoneid=2

This makes me feel like a kid again, this makes me 20X more excited for the holidays now
finnish_line
10/2/08 9:15:15AM

Posted by imanidiot777

I believe it is also possible for the GSP vs. Penn non-title fight to be on this card? That would make four ridiculous fights.

I don't see how that's possible. That will be a main event of it's own show.
gsquat
10/2/08 9:23:20AM
This will probably be my all time favorite fight card. Amazing matchups. Rashad becoming the new LHW champ will make my year, and will make my prediction (Rashad lhw champ by the end of 08) correct. Theres little to make me believe that Wandy wont destroy Rampage again. Nog will no doubt out-class Mir in every aspect. Could be the best fight card of the year and just in the nick of time.
jomatty
10/2/08 9:27:59AM
rashad makes a lot of sense from the ufc's perspective as he is one of the contenders that forrest has a very good chance of beating. i think forrest will win this one. it is overkill to mention it since the topic has been beaten to death so badly but it is ridiculous that machida is not the one fighting for the belt, although i can see why the ufc would want a fight that forrest can win.
emfleek
10/2/08 9:28:56AM
F'ing sweet.
RampageOwnedYou
10/2/08 9:49:01AM
Not bad, about time UFC puts out a top main event card. Lets just hope the rest of the fights are decent.
ziegler3334
10/2/08 10:02:11AM
What an exciting card. Nog and Mir is going to be a good fight, even if nog is the heavy favorite. there are both too good on the ground to count out Mir, but nog will win due to his stamina and never-quit attitude. wandy rampage is also going to be exciting, with wandy favored. In this fight as well tho, they are both so dangerous when striking, that it could go either way. Forrest and Evans is an exciting fight, especially from the UFCs point of view. two guys from TUF competeing for the title in the most stacked devision. Forrest is my pick, but i now know not to count out rashad. he beat chuck so abruptly, anything can happen.

my picks for now.
nog rd 3 sub
wandy rd 3 tko
forrest UD

gunna be a great card. we'll see what the others are, but okami would be great to see again.
prozacnation1978
10/2/08 10:30:08AM
i already know what my 4 fight parlay bet will be at mandalay for the main card i need to get my money back
kasual
10/2/08 10:49:26AM
ufc 92 ... staaaaacckkeeddd

Seeing Mir coach on the show has actually made me excited about that fight .. seriously great card and people wonder why the ufc is the only game in town
Darnok
10/2/08 10:52:07AM
What a sic card. I can't wait for Wandy vs Page 3
saemskin
10/2/08 11:07:57AM
Rashad is a PC anyway....
Chuteboxer
10/2/08 11:58:09AM
So it's finally happening...Rampage vs Wandy 3

WAR SILVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bowen50
10/2/08 12:22:40PM
what an outstanding card to close out the year with. i'm very excited for all 3 of those fights. i think if Henderson gets past Franklin and Wanderlei beats Rampage we could see Henderson Vs. Wanderlei 3.
mkiv9secsupra
10/2/08 1:02:20PM

Wandy KOs Rampage, Hendo UDs Franklin
then
Wandy KOs Griffin, Hendo KOs Rashad/or Shogun?!
and the finale
Wanderlei vs Henderson for the UFC LHW Championship!!!!
Probly wont happen but damn if only it would!!

Also Nogueira is going topick apart Mir on the feet and come out the victor with a UD
And Forrest is going to embarass Rashad on the ground with a RNC.

Wow this card is going to be great. but with 2 45 minutes matches(hype, intros, and post fight talk, and potentially 29 minutes of in ring action) are they only going to show 4 fights on the main card if we get a bunch of decisions?
Nog/Mir
Griffin/Evans
Silva/Jackson
and one other fight? If it was Penn/GSP 2 this could break every PPV record
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/2/08 2:29:14PM
for whoever said gsp vs penn could be on this card......they are headlining ufc 94
tlangley
10/2/08 2:53:25PM
OMFG!! best card of the year
DaMaGeInC
10/2/08 3:17:58PM
this is why i love this sport
Wolfenstein
10/2/08 3:50:49PM
Mir vs Nog, Wanderlei vs Rampage, and Forrest vs Evans..

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
ThaAxeMurderer7
10/2/08 4:01:45PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Mir vs Nog, Wanderlei vs Rampage, and Forrest vs Evans..

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
cloud301336
10/2/08 5:29:03PM
WAR GRIFFIN TIME TO GET REVENGE FOR YOUR COACH!!!!!!!
jgtribbett
10/2/08 6:40:25PM
i'm saying griffin, silva, nog
CwB
10/2/08 6:48:42PM
i am just going to come right out and say it

I love joe silva and i love dana white

at least for the time being...

with this card being so far away i am going to pray for no injuries
cmill21
10/2/08 7:19:24PM
Gah, dumb time for Rampage Wand 3. Great fights though I just don't want to see Rampage get beat worse then the first time.
kurt-2112
10/2/08 7:32:16PM
such a sick card, im glad the ufc will actuall have two main event fights on the same card, let alone three.
Cobbs666
10/2/08 7:35:01PM
im thinking mir/nog will be the main
Pages: [1] 2