Ernesto Hoost<
Bob Sapp

Andy Hug
Remy Bojansky<

Peter Aerts
Branko Cikatic<

Mark Hunt<
Ray Sefo

Mirko Filipovic<(would have killed him had he not been so cocky lol)
Michael Mcdonald

Jeromme LeBanner<
Mighty Mo

Hong Man Choi
Semmy Schilt<

Badr Hari<
Stefan Leko

Next round:
Hoost vs. Hunt

Bonjasky vs. Cikatic

Cro Cop vs. Badr

Schilt vs. Lebanner

I already know who I'd pick out of those fights

Pookie
3/22/08 2:09:31AM
Honestly i'd give it to lebanner, which is ironic considering hes never won the GP before. Terrible luck.
cmill21
3/22/08 2:24:16AM

Posted by Pookie

Honestly i'd give it to lebanner, which is ironic considering hes never won the GP before. Terrible luck.

Lol based on his history I'd say he takes out the schilt then looses to hoost due to injuries. Then I don't know what would happen lol, but i'd probably give it to hoost.
Mastodon2
3/22/08 8:09:40AM
Ernesto Hoost
Bob Sapp

Hoost overcomes his bad luck with Sapp, and uses his amazing footwork to stay out of the corners, unlike the two times he fought him irl. By the end of rounds two Sapp's legs are so damaged he can't get off his stool for the 3rd round. Corner throws in towel.

Andy Hug
Remy Bojansky

Hug might be slick but he is small. His short arms make it almost impossible to box with the much lankier Bonjasky, and Remy's long and seemingly elastic legs keep Hug at range and unable to land his axe kick. Remy TKO's Hug in round 3 with a flying knee after wearing him down with numerous body kicks.

Peter Aerts
Branko Cikatic

Ciktic was a talented fighter, but when he won his GP the competition hadnt arrived and sharpened their skills. Aert's pushes him around the ring, wailing on his legs with brutal low kicks before landing his signature high kick KO.

Mark Hunt
Ray Sefo

Heres a fight that really could go either way on any given day. Two very similar fighters, I'd say Sefo has the edge with regards to technicality, but Hunt's chin is better. Hunt managed to hurt Sefo with a few massive hooks throughout the fight, and looks like he has Sefo in trouble at the end of the 2nd. Hunt takes a narrow decision win.

Mirko Filipovic
Michael Mcdonald

Cro Cop reminds Mcdonald that even though the black sniper did KO the Croation Cop, Mcdonald was never one of the elite and never managed to repeat his success on anyone worth mentioning. Prime Cro Cop's hands were amazing compared to what they are now, and he uses them to KO Mcdonald in the first.

Jeromme LeBanner
Mighty Mo

Le Banner, when free of injury (and how often could we say that about him ) is my pick for the best fighter K-1 has ever seen. Mighty Mo may have a powerful right hand, but for a man of his huge stature, Le Banner is frighteningly quick. Le Banner dodges around Mo's clumsy lunges and batters his legs with sharp low kicks. By the end of the second Mo is looking immobilised hanging on to the ropes in the corner as Le Banner batters him. The ref jumps in to save Mo, Le Banner wins by TKO in round two.

Hong Man Choi
Semmy Schilt

HMC may have been given a gift decision last time these two met in Seoul, but it was not to be this time. Semmy, not a finisher, puts on a snoozefest front kick seminar and win's a boring affair on points. To be fair, I still don't believe we've seen the best of HMC in K-1 yet, he gets better all the time, but he will never be as "good" as Schilt.

Badr Hari
Stefan Leko

Just like when this fight actually happened, Leko just isn't slick enough. Hari misses the spinning back kick this time, but comfortably KO's Leko in the first anyway.

Final Round!!!!

Ernesto Hoost
Remy Bonjasky

Hoost is stronger and tougher than Remy. Remy is slick but Hoost's amazing footwork is getting him in and out and those leg kicks are starting to sting. Hoost feint's a low kick and lands a devastating straight that KO's Remy in the third.

Peter Aerts
Mark Hunt

Aerts is bigger (height wise), stronger and more technical than Hunt and though he couldnt finish him, he avoids the bombs that Hunt throws and wins comfortably on points without expending too much energy.

Mirko Cro Cop
Jerome Le Banner

Cro Cop may have won their first meeting, but Le Banner sharpened up immensely, and it shows. Cro Cop might have some skills but Le Banner is just bigger, stronger and more technical. He Bullies Cro Cop around the ring and lands a devasting lead hand power hook that puts Cro Cop out cold in the second round.

Semmy Schilt
Badr Hari

An easy opening round for Schilt, as he KO's the comparitively tiny Hari in the second round with a knee to the face.

FINAL ROUND, 2nd FIGHTS!

Ernesto Hoost
Peter Aerts

Two giants of K-1 go at it, and while Hoost had 4 GP wins to Aert's 3, one was admittedly an absolute gift to the retiring Hoost. Hoost may have the technical edge, but Aerts is grittier and toughs out the leg kicks to deliver some huge punches to Hoost. Aerts wins a unanimous decision, but it wasnt an easy fight.

Jerome Le Banner
Semmy Schilt

Jerome comes out just like he did in the 07 GP, He gets inside of Schilt's range and throws Shovels hooks at Schilts body. Schilt's distinctively average footwork isn't enough to get him away from Le Banner, and his height advantage becomes a disadvantage as the shovel hooks keep Le Banner in close, doing damage, and leave Schilt barely able to counter. Le Banner wins a decision, but at a toll to his gas tank, he had to make it a very high intensity fight in order to beat Schilt

FINAL MATCH!

Jerome Le Banner
Peter Aerts

So, who takes this one? Imo, this is the match up between the two greatest strikers the world has yet seen. Both has have had gruelling second round fights and come into this final pretty much equal. Aerts is moving around the ring, trying for the low kick but Le Banner is focused and keeps blocking them. Le Banner starts to slip more punches through and by the end of the second Aerts is looking tired. Halfway through the third Le Banner lands a leg kick that buckles Aert's knee, and as the dutchman tries to recover Le Banner storms in with everything he has left, throwing Aerts into the corner and hammering him with everything he has left. Aerts is tired, hurt and unable to defend himself, and the ref jumps in to prevent injury.

JEROME LE BANNER - ULTIMATE GP CHAMPION!
juanez13
3/22/08 11:11:35AM
Ernesto Hoost<<<
Bob Sapp

Andy Hug<< (i dont see bonjasky winning this one, i think it would look similar to cro cop vs Bonjasky, hug has much better hands, and is all around better,, IMO Bonjasky in my opinion is very overrated, he lost to Aerts and Lebanner, IMO if he fought like that against Hug, he'd loose, and even though there is the height difference, Aerts, Hoost, and lebanner are all the same height as bonjasky, and all have better hands than bonjasky, so i doubt Hug would have trouble getting inside... Hug has beat Lebanner, Hoost, bernardo, aerts, and cro cop, amongst many others, while Bonjasky has only beat Hoost out of that ,list. I have no doubt that if andy was in his prime he would take out bonjasky.
Remy Bojansky

Peter Aerts<<<<<
Branko Cikatic

Mark Hunt<<<<< (IMO mark hunt in his prime (in shape) i think he is one of the best.
Ray Sefo

Mirko Filipovic<<<
Michael Mcdonald

Jeromme LeBanner<<<<
Mighty Mo

Hong Man Choi
Semmy Schilt<<<< (although im really sure on this one, because schilt uses his reach to win, and against choi he isnt able to do that, so he would have to find another way to win)

Badr Hari<<<<
Stefan Leko

Next Round-->>.

Andy Hug <<<---
Vs Cro Cop

Hoost<<---
Vs Hunt

Aerts <---
Vs Badr

LeBanner <--- (lebanner seemed to have figured out schilt in their last fight, but the injury took him out, this time around as long as lebanner doesnt get injured, i'd say he takes a UD
Vs schilt

Semifinals--->>.

Andy Hug
Vs Aerts<<<------

Hoost <<<<----
Vs Lebanner

Finals.

Aerts Vs Hoost
seanfu
3/22/08 9:10:57PM
I wanna see Cro Cop and Semmy