K-1 DYNAMITE (MMA and K-1) NYE (discussion)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » K-1 DYNAMITE (MMA and K-1) NYE (discussion)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Kpro
12/31/08 5:42:02AM
Hari / Overeem next!
cmill21
12/31/08 5:42:11AM

Posted by Kpro

Kawajiri takes the 1st round TKO over Takeda (K1 Rules)

You watching liveÉ
Kpro
12/31/08 5:47:04AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Kpro

Kawajiri takes the 1st round TKO over Takeda (K1 Rules)

You watching liveÉ

I'm watching the TVUPlayer stream so it's behind by a few fights. Most updated results are on japan-mma.com
jiujitsufreak74
12/31/08 5:56:13AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
jiujitsufreak74
12/31/08 5:57:11AM
i guess Overeem isn't as overrated as i thought
Bowen50
12/31/08 5:57:27AM
looks like Overeem isn't that overrated now
Jimbo
12/31/08 5:58:22AM
“For all MMA fighters, and everybody, who think respect is important: there you go,” said Overeem in his post-fight comments.

Ive been on the Overeem bandwagon for a while now

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Kpro
12/31/08 6:00:31AM
I've never doubted Overeem in the "first two" minutes of any fight.

jiujitsufreak74
12/31/08 6:00:48AM
the MMA fighters are really surprising the K-1 vets. K-1 striking is supposed to be light years ahead of MMA striking, but i have to step back and reconsider that now after tonight (this morning)
Wolfenstein
12/31/08 6:01:13AM
Wow, I think I owe a few people an apology for bagging on them for even thinking Alistair could win this.

A huge left knee to the face, followed by a left hook knocks Hari silly and puts him down for the knockdown. After answering the count, Hari gets a few punches in before Overeem compresses and explodes with a huge left hook, countering a wide Hari right, dropping the Moroccan for the KO at 2:07 of the first round.

Kpro
12/31/08 6:34:09AM
word on the streets is that Cro Cop won in a BS fashion. haven't seen it yet myself.
jiujitsufreak74
12/31/08 6:37:54AM
anotehr TKO by leg kick...CC proved me wrong, good for him.

although it did seem lackluster from the description
Wolfenstein
12/31/08 6:38:22AM
Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Hong Man Choi
Round 1
Choi begins walking Crocop down, and Cropcop circles on the outside, dropping low kicks to the legs of the Korean. Choi is follows Mirko, trying to paw at him with non-committal jabs and push kicks. Mirko attempts a high kick that just misses a flinching Choi. Mirko lunges with a left hook and gets pegged in the face with a hard jab for his troubles. More circling from both men before Mirko throws a mid kick that Choi catches and upsets his balance. Mirko stumbles back but Choi is unable to capitalize, allowing the Croation to get to his feet. They return to circling, Choi at the center, throwing small jabs as Mirko looks for openings, throwing the occasional low kick. Mirko parries Choi’s jabs as he retreats. Choi tries to chase Mirko down with a few punches, but Mirko runs and only gets grazed. Choi finally corners Crocop and pushes him into a corner. Mirko attempts to get underhooks and knees Choi to the body once. Referee Noguchi breaks them apart and warns both Choi and Crocop for what appears to be inactivity. They resume the game of circling again, Crocop backpedalling once more. Referee Noguchi stops the bout and issues a yellow card to both men for inactivity and evasiveness. Upon resuming, however, Mirko backpedals as Choi lumbers after him. Choi pumps some jabs at Corcop and traps him momentarily in the corner before Mirko spins out and lands a low kick to Choi’s groin. They stop the bout momentarily for Choi to recover. Upon recovering, Mirko slams a big left kick to the left leg of a forward moving Choi, who attempts to check it, but gets hurt doing so. As Choi’s leg drops, it cannot support his weight, and the Techno Goliath falls. Choi grasps his knee in pain as referee Daisuke Noguchi jumps in to call the bout at 6:32 in the first.

Wolfenstein
12/31/08 6:40:02AM
Looks like Cro Cop will be out for at least 6 months after knee surgery. Bummer...
Franklinfan47
12/31/08 6:49:43AM
i'm 4-0 so far.
mentalcase
12/31/08 6:56:38AM
Gegard Mousasi vs. Musashi
Round 1
Mousasi gets a big right hand to start things off as he comes charging in on Musashi, dropping him for the KD. Mousasi goes to town, flurrying on Mushashi before pushing him off from the clinch. Mousasi blitzes Musashi again, hitting to the face and body before dropping him for a second time with an uppercut, hook combo. Musashi answers the count, but a forward pressing Mousasi won’t be denied, flurrying on a Musashi against the ropes who clearly can’t defend himself. The bout is called at 2:32 in the first round.
Kpro
12/31/08 7:00:10AM
glad to see Mousasi win; Hunt vs. Manhoef is next !
Franklinfan47
12/31/08 7:02:35AM
Must say, Nakamura was impressive against tokoro, his armbars are crazy.
Kpro
12/31/08 7:11:22AM
wtf, goddamn

Manhoef circles on the outside, wary, as from the center of the ring, Mark Hunt primes himself to lunge and attack. Hunt lunges to flurry, and Manhoef counters with a huge left and right hook combo that land square on the Samoan Monster’s jaw, sending him crashing to the mat at a mere 18 seconds in the first round for a stunning KO.
Wolfenstein
12/31/08 7:14:19AM
Wow...you just can't underestimate the punching power of Melvin.
Franklinfan47
12/31/08 7:23:27AM
No kidding.
Wolfenstein
12/31/08 7:25:01AM
Shinya Aoki defeats Eddie Alvarez via heel hook RD1...What!?
Jimbo
12/31/08 7:28:04AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Shinya Aoki defeats Eddie Alvarez via heel hook RD1...What!?

what really? where did u read that?

EDIT: dont worry I just read it at japan-mma
mentalcase
12/31/08 7:34:13AM
Shinya Aoki vs. Eddie Alvarez
Round 1
Alvarez takes a middle kick to the ribs as he’s chasing Aoki down, trying to close the distance to deliver some punches. Aoki shoots for a double and Eddie sprawls and pulls away. Aoki scoots toward him on his butt, chasing him about the ring. Aoki jumps up to try and kick Alvarez’s head, but misses and lands. Aoki begins scooting toward Alvarez again, chasing him on his posterior until the ref stands him up. Eddie throws a middle kick that Aoki catches, at which point he flies onto Alvarez’s back in the clinch. Alvarez is quick to execute a beautiful harai-goshi to land on top in mount. Aoki scrambles out from underneath, and puts Alvarez into guard. Aoki then goes for a leglock, dragging Alvarez to the canvas. The both of them still dry, Aoki is able to get enough grip to catch and torque the heel hook for the tap at 1:32.

fuk yeah war aoki i made $250
Franklinfan47
12/31/08 7:37:07AM
Shit Aoki. That brings me to 4-1.

Alvarez>Hansen>Aoki>Alvarez
mentalcase
12/31/08 7:43:51AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Shit Aoki. That brings me to 4-1.

Alvarez>Hansen>Aoki>Alvarez

aoki beat hanson the first time so its not as simple as >

plus this shit happens all the time in mma like hughes>trigg>hallman>hughes
Jimbo
12/31/08 7:56:52AM
Kazushi Sakuraba's ring entrance looks to be an homage to long-running Japanese children's program, Kamen Rider. Sakuraba is first seen being tended to by some of the action shows villain henchman who put gloves and pro-wreslting shin pads on him as Sakuraba protests before capitulating, saying, "wow... this is so nostalgic." As Sakuraba emerges from the elevator, flanked by the henchman and clad in his mask, a voice rings out saying, "wait! stop!" Off to the left side of the stage, the real Sakuraba, unmasked, but wearing the Kamen Rider red scarf, rides to the ring on a small bicycle.

lol thats our saku
mentalcase
12/31/08 8:00:23AM
Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Kiyoshi Tamura
Round 1
Kazushi Sakuraba's ring entrance looks to be an homage to long-running Japanese children's program, Kamen Rider. Sakuraba is first seen being tended to by some of the action shows villain henchman who put gloves and pro-wreslting shin pads on him as Sakuraba protests before capitulating, saying, "wow... this is so nostalgic." As Sakuraba emerges from the elevator, flanked by the henchman and clad in his mask, a voice rings out saying, "wait! stop!" Off to the left side of the stage, the real Sakuraba, unmasked, but wearing the Kamen Rider red scarf, rides to the ring on a small bicycle.
Jimbo
12/31/08 8:00:37AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR THE AUSSIES, OFFICIALLY 2009 WHERE I AM
mentalcase
12/31/08 8:02:38AM

Posted by Jimbo

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR THE AUSSIES, OFFICIALLY 2009 WHERE I AM

happy new year dude
where u at?

its 11pm for me 1 more hour
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4