K-1 DYNAMITE!! 2008 COMBINES MMA & KICKBOXING

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » K-1 DYNAMITE!! 2008 COMBINES MMA & KICKBOXING
MMAcca
10/18/08 5:33:54AM
FEG president Sadaharu Tanigawa on Saturday unveiled the company's plans for its annual year-end Dynamite!! event. K-1 Dynamite!! 2008 is bucking the recent format and will combine bouts from FEG's K-1 World Grand Prix, K-1 World Max, K-1 Koshien and Dream brands, according to a report from Nightmare of Battle.

The report states that Tanigawa believes that the combined fight card will likely consist of 15 to 20 bouts.

There were several fighters on hand for the announcement. Mixed martial artists expected to take part in Dynamite!! 2008 include: Joachim Hansen, Hayato "Mach" Sakurai, Kazushi Sakuraba, Shinya Aoki, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Mitsuhiro Ishida, Masakazu Imanari, Takeshi Yamazaki, Atsushi Yamamoto, Kuniyoshi Hironaka, Ikuhisa Minowa, Kiyoshi Tamura, Seichi Ikemoto, and Yuichi Nakanishi.

No bouts have been announced at this point, but sources indicate to MMAWeekly.com that Hansen is likely to face American Top Team fighter Gesias "JZ" Calvancante at Dynamite!!

K-1 kickboxers expected to participate include Musashi, Yasuhiro Kido and Yoshihiro Sato.

LINK
RampageOwnedYou
10/18/08 6:28:39AM
This is great news!! Cant wait for this and Dec 27 UFC card, should be a great end to the year.

Lets just hope my boy Alvarez gets his rematch for the belt vs Hanson on that card!
RampageOwnedYou
10/18/08 6:39:09AM
And off the site you got this from, they rumor:

Hanson to be fighting #7 lightweight in the world Gesias "JZ" calvancante .....WOW

Still like to know when Alvarez will get his shot. He got injured AFTER beating Hanson. Then Hanson beats Aoki to win belt. Either way, this fight between JZ and Hanson will be amazing. Hope it does happen!
jae_1833
10/18/08 12:56:35PM
Oh hell yeah I can't wait for this one!!!! Hellboy v JZ!!!!! Now that's "DYNAMITE!!"
Branwest
10/18/08 3:03:47PM
Wow!!!!
This will be GREAT!!!!!

There are several fighters named that I would love to see fight in the smaller divisions under Zuffa, against Urijah and BJ, etc.

Still though, I can't wait. Should be a great event. This was a great move for them, and will make them more money. Smart move.....