K-1 Dynamite!! 2008-12/31 in Saitama, Japan

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » K-1 Dynamite!! 2008-12/31 in Saitama, Japan
Next Page »
DCRage
10/29/08 1:27:26PM
K-1 Dynamite!! 2008: December 31, 2008
Venue: Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan
TV: Currently scheduled to air only in Japan on TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting System). Live PPV internet stream may be made available.
Confirmed fights (MMA Rules):
vs.
DREAM Lightweight Champion Joachim Hansen vs. Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante

vs.
Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Kiyoshi Tamura

vs.
Shinya Aoki vs. Eddie Alvarez

vs.
Mark Hunt vs. Jerome LeBanner

vs.
Semmy Schilt vs. Siala "Mighty Mo" Siliga

vs.
Hideo Tokoro vs. Daisuke Nakamura

vs.
Mirko Cro Cop vs. Hong-Man Choi (Choi Hong-Man)

vs.
Hayato Sakurai vs. Katsuyori Shibata

vs.
Yukio Sakaguchi vs. Andy Ologun

vs.
Bob Sapp vs. "Kinniku Mantaro" (Kid Muscle), played by Akihito Tanaka. Seriously. This is not a joke.

Fights to be held under K-1 Kickboxing Rules:
vs.
Alistair Overeem vs. Badr Hari

vs.
DREAM Middleweight Champion Gegard Mousasi vs. Musashi

vs.
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs.Kozo Takeda

vs.
Yoshihiro Sato vs. Artur Kyshenko

K-1 Koshien U-18 (King Of Under 18) Tournament Semifinals:
vs.
HIROYA (9-1) vs. Shota Shimada (3-0)

vs.
Ryuya Kusakabe (2-0) vs. Koya Urabe (2-0)

K-1 Koshien U-18 Tournament Finals: Winner of HIROYA/Shimada vs. Winner of Kusakabe/Urabe
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/29/08 9:30:06PM
This damn well better be on hdnet .
emfleek
10/30/08 9:22:32AM
Please, please, pleeeeease be on HDNet....

fullerene
10/30/08 10:28:30AM
It looks promising, but I hope they get more non-Japanese fighters on the card.
pv3Hpv3p
10/30/08 11:15:29AM
I'd really like to see Alvarez figth Diaz on this card...

Aoki should fight a rematch with Sakurai or they should bring Shaolin back over and have him and Aoki fight it out

Kawajiri should fight Ishida
DCRage
10/30/08 12:05:45PM
I think getting Diaz would depend largely on his getting out of the EliteXC contract (which hopefully will be sooner rather than later) and then if DREAM would let them fight on the card. In that case, i guess it would depend on if Nick would fight on the January DREAM event-alternately, they could have Diaz vs. Mach for the DREAM WW title on this card, we were supposed to get that match a ways back before everything fell apart.
higdon10
10/30/08 10:16:19PM
Sakurai/Aoki rematch anyone??
breakdown5
10/30/08 11:03:25PM
This is one sweet card. As long as they don't make some lame matchups, this will be an awesome event. I just wish I could watch it on TV. Thank God for the internet.
higdon10
10/30/08 11:06:16PM

Posted by breakdown5

This is one sweet card. As long as they don't make some lame matchups, this will be an awesome event. I just wish I could watch it on TV. Thank God for the internet.

Here here
MMAcca
10/31/08 2:32:21AM

Posted by breakdown5

Where on the internet will it be available ?
DCRage
10/31/08 6:46:39AM
Probably on MMAturf.net.
higdon10
10/31/08 6:08:54PM

Posted by DCRage

Probably on MMAturf.net.

thanks for the heads up
RhythmAndStyle
10/31/08 6:55:04PM
should be on HDNet..they carry Dream which is sister-company to K-1...
cmill21
10/31/08 7:04:51PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

should be on HDNet..they carry Dream which is sister-company to K-1...

Both are owned by FEG so I hope that they will show it. Then again I haven't seen a K-1 event on HDnet so who knows.
The_Ho_Bag
11/2/08 10:18:00AM
so i pissed my pants if its JZ vs Hellboy as the main event, this card looks sick already
Rush
11/2/08 11:35:27AM
This card looks great
DCRage
11/4/08 12:33:15PM
Added Nick Diaz to the list of possible participants as Weekly's added him to its list. Since it's still being talked about at times for DREAM, my first thought there is the Mach fight for the DREAM WW Title.
DCRage
11/12/08 4:29:38PM
Card updated with a huge headliner bout announced today-Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Kiyoshi Tamura. While both are only 3-2 in their last 5 they're still extremely popular in Japan, so this should be a huge boost to marketing/promotion for the card. Also, the previously reported Hansen-JZ bout was also confirmed today but there's no word on if Hansen's DREAM Lightweight TItle will be on the line.

Edit: Also added to the card were 3 K-1 Rules fights according to Mania-"And for those of you who enjoy watching young children kick each other in the face, K-1 Koshien will be holding the finals and semifinals of its ‘King of Under 18' tournament. There’s even rumors of a Kimbo Slice vs. Seth Petruzelli rematch, probably scheduled to take place in the opening round of the 2008 ‘Who Cares?’ grand prix."
BDON911
11/25/08 12:29:52PM
gonna be a sweet card
Jackelope
11/25/08 6:02:19PM
Go Hellboy!
RampageOwnedYou
11/25/08 10:08:48PM

Go Hellboy!

i agree, GO Hellboy!!

I just hope this will be live on the 31st, but my guess will be 2 days later on HDNET...At least we will get to see it..hopefully.

I would also hope Alvarez Diaz fight or at least something big added to the card.

pv3Hpv3p
11/26/08 4:35:03PM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

Go Hellboy!

i agree, GO Hellboy!!

I just hope this will be live on the 31st, but my guess will be 2 days later on HDNET...At least we will get to see it..hopefully.

I would also hope Alvarez Diaz fight or at least something big added to the card.

HDNet signed the contract... The first K-1 event is on Dec 8th... I believe it's the GP finals!!! And they're going to do the K-1 and MAX tourney's next year... SHITYA!!!!
copcopps
11/27/08 3:13:10PM
Crocop vs Overeem's back on

WAAAAR Overeem
DCRage
11/29/08 8:10:55AM
DREAM Middleweight Champion Gegard Mousasi has signed on to the event, but he'll be doing kickboxing under K-1 rules. M-1 Global says he'll face Musashi, who is a 4-time K-1 Japan Tournament Champion. Mousasi-Musashi...say that 5 times fast.

Cro Cop vs. OVereem is off...for now. Probably will be pushed back to another event in '09. Overeem likely will still be on the card, another rumored foe is Sergei Kharitonov.
pv3Hpv3p
12/2/08 11:33:18AM
Both fighters have verbally committed to a Aoki / Alvarez match... This card is shaping up into all sorts of awesome...
Franklinfan47
12/2/08 12:19:40PM
Gotta love the Japanese.

Cavalcante vs Jansen
Tamura vs Sakuraba
Aoki vs Alvarez

Even though Cro cop vs Overeem would have been awesome, those are all great fights. And their just getting started
DCRage
12/2/08 12:29:52PM
Hopefully they make more MMA fights than K-1 (kickboxing) fights with these guys, seems like the latter is being done just to drive up Japanese TV ratings.
RhythmAndStyle
12/3/08 3:24:54PM
this card is way more stacked than the ppv for ufc in dec..
cmill21
12/3/08 8:51:38PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

this card is way more stacked than the ppv for ufc in dec..

Always is. Oh and DC the only place i've found it say the LW title is up is on wiki, but I have been told it will be a title fight so take it for what it's worth.
Jackelope
12/3/08 8:58:28PM
Has anybody tried contacting anyone at Sherdog's HQ? I can send them an e-mail asking for clarification. I'd imagine they'll know.
Pages: [1] 2