M-1 Challenge 27: Garner vs. Grishin

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » M-1 Challenge 27: Garner vs. Grishin
armbar66j7
10/15/11 12:58:23AM
M-1 Challenge 27: Garner vs. Grishim
10/14/2011

1.Ryan Crouch(1-2) def. Frederick Lumpkin(0-1) via TKO(puches) at N/A of Rd 2
2.Daniel Madrid(7-2) def. Tom Gallicchio(16-7) via SUB(armbar) at 0:48 of Rd 1
3.Yasubey Enomoto(8-3) def. Joshua Thorpe(10-6) via SUB(triangle choke) at 1:07 of Rd 1
CO-Main Event-4.Arthur Guseinov(9-2) def. Eddie Arizmendi(15-5) via SUB(heelhook) at 0:50 of Rd 1
Main Event-5.Kenny Garner(8-3) def. Maxim Grishin(11-6) via TKO(puches) at 4:07 of Rd 5
ncordless
10/15/11 2:25:15AM
Garner v Grishin is one of the ugliest fights I've ever seen. Almost worth watching again for a laugh.
Kpro
10/15/11 2:38:56AM

Posted by ncordless

Garner v Grishin is one of the ugliest fights I've ever seen. Almost worth watching again for a laugh.

There were some good shots landed early in the fight but they were winded in the first few minutes. They couldn't even move by the last couple rounds except in spurts.
ncordless
10/15/11 2:42:24AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by ncordless

There were some good shots landed early in the fight but they were winded in the first few minutes. They couldn't even move by the last couple rounds except in spurts.

By the third round, both guys were tryingto crawl out of the ring.
Kpro
10/15/11 2:54:24AM
The M-1 Interim Heavyweight Belt is useless.

Both guys have already been subbed by the real champ, and it's just gonna happen again.

Guram needs some actual competition. M-1 just may ruin his career if they keep him under their banner and never have any real competition.

For those that don't know Guram Gugenishvili, the real M-1 HW champ, here's his Sherdog Fightfinder. His last two wins were subs over Garner and Grishin so no matter who had won in horrible fashion tonight, it'll just be a mismatch rematch.
ncordless
10/15/11 3:01:44AM
One of the best parts of the fight was watching Guram laugh at them from the crowd. He must know a little english, because when Kenny Garner said he was going to take care of Guram's belt for him, Guram was in stitches.
Kpro
10/15/11 3:06:06AM
I guess in fairness to Grishin, he stepped in on a weeks notice and lasted 24 minutes before exhaustion beat him down. Which makes Garner's victory look even worse*

*if possible

Guram could've beaten Garner tonight even though he had a dislocated elbow.
ncordless
10/15/11 3:27:30AM
As far as Guram goes, I wonder if they put him up against Fedor soon? That would be a fight worth watching.
Kpro
10/15/11 3:52:55AM

Posted by ncordless

As far as Guram goes, I wonder if they put him up against Fedor soon? That would be a fight worth watching.

I was thinking that too but if Fedor wins he beat a "no name" (at least to the US audience) and they just derailed the hype they're trying to build for Guram.

But if Guram wins, it makes him legit, but derails the fighter they make more money on than all their other fighters combined (guessing) by him losing to a "no name".

I'd love to see it but I can't see any result being a win/win for M1. One of their two top HW's leaves the fight with a loss. Now if Finkelstein wasn't running the show.....