UFC 95 - Anderson Silva not keen on fighting in London

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 95 - Anderson Silva not keen on fighting in London
Rampage200
12/11/08 9:27:51AM
It looks as if the UFC’s plans to have middleweight champion, Anderson “The Spider” Silva, headline their February pay-per-view in London, England could be going up in smoke after it was revealed he is less than keen on the idea.

Continued
Manfred
12/11/08 10:01:31AM
Something tells me he's screwing with the UFC. I think he's still pissed about not being able to box. I think that's partly why he fought Cote the way he did too.
Twenty20Dollars
12/11/08 10:05:38AM
Yeah I dont think I would piss Anderson Silva off at this point, since he said him going to to fight at 205 was a favor and then UFC not letting him box.

Dont make him fight in london if he doesnt want too.
ohiostate1016
12/11/08 10:28:19AM
Know what? Silva is the one that said he wants to fight every two months. So let him do it. Fact is, he's under contract with the UFC. And it's an exclusive contract. He knew that he wasn't going to be able to box. So why did he even ask?
The-Don
12/11/08 10:43:53AM
As good as Silva is I am losing more respect for the man. he is the champ he is under contract.. barring a real injury he should fight when and where he is told. He signed on for the fight. he should fight. As stated aboe he signed the contracts if he backs out the UFC should take legal action against him. He is turning into a whiny baby as far as I am concerned.
Focker101
12/11/08 11:04:11AM
Wow how fickle the MMA fan is
it seems like only yesterday Silva couldn't do no wrong and he was the man
now he is a whinny baby

ya know I am not the biggest Silva fan out there, but I have no complaints about him either the man does not want to fight in London
hey I dont want to fight in Alaska, get over it put him on the next card with a more agreeable venue.. yeah he is under contract but he is not a servant..
when he starts denying fights with true number 1 contenders then we'll talk
until then war Silva
The-Don
12/11/08 11:15:27AM

Posted by Focker101

now he is a whinny baby

ya know I am not the biggest Silva fan out there, but I have no complaints about him either the man does not want to fight in London
hey I dont want to fight in Alaska, get over it put him on the next card with a more agreeable venue.. yeah he is under contract but he is not a servant..
until then war Silva

I have never professed any love for silva in fact I personnaly think he is a bit overratted. He is good I do not question that.. but I do not think he is as good as he is made out to be.. If he agreed to a fight he should fight it.. nice and simple.. now if no contract for that fight is signed.. well then he can make some requests..
Mayhem13
12/11/08 11:39:53AM
maybe he wants to wait, and fight in March...in Columbus..haha

so that I can see him fight live...
tomp6581
12/11/08 11:40:29AM
Ive just spent over £200 on 4 tickets to this event...if he pulls out simply because "he doesnt want to fight in London" i'll be pissed off.

If he felt like this, then speak up when it is announced, not after thousands of people have spent money on tickets asuming you'll be one half of the main event. If he got injured fine, but anything else is bullshit.

We are owed a super fight after Bedlam in June...First it was Chick V Shogun, then Chuck v Evans, Then we ended up with Huges v Alves. Im not complaining, but in my opinion Chuck v Shogun was a much more exciting main event fight.

Twenty20Dollars
12/11/08 12:13:44PM
chuck didnt want to fight in london and he didnt even though it was an injury, but he stated before the injury that he didnt want to fight there.
warglory
12/11/08 12:20:07PM

Posted by Focker101

now he is a whinny baby

until then war Silva

No he isn't a servant, but this is his job. Can you imagine if you called into work and told your boss that you weren't coming in simply because the rain wasn't agreeable with you? It's BS man. I love Anderson, but when your boss asks you to fight in a certain venue, and you are posed to make your company a shitload of cash, you don't turn it down. This is Anderson's job, he is under contract, if he doesn't want to fight he needs a valid reason, not simply because he doesn't want to. That's not how life works. Not to mention the fans who have bought tickets to the event to see Anderson.
dannyfrank
12/11/08 1:01:36PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by Focker101

now he is a whinny baby

until then war Silva

No he isn't a servant, but this is his job. Can you imagine if you called into work and told your boss that you weren't coming in simply because the rain wasn't agreeable with you? It's BS man. I love Anderson, but when your boss asks you to fight in a certain venue, and you are posed to make your company a shitload of cash, you don't turn it down. This is Anderson's job, he is under contract, if he doesn't want to fight he needs a valid reason, not simply because he doesn't want to. That's not how life works. Not to mention the fans who have bought tickets to the event to see Anderson.

you said exactly what i was thinking. i just didnt know how to say it lol
prozacnation1978
12/11/08 2:17:56PM
ufc got you suckers buying tickets to a event with none
your best bet is to have huerta vs stevenson as headliner

no one wants to fight overseas not silva nor lidell
The-Don
12/11/08 2:35:48PM

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by warglory

Posted by Focker101

now he is a whinny baby

until then war Silva

you said exactly what i was thinking. i just didnt know how to say it lol

My issue is this... Its not like the UFC calls Anderson one day and goes :Hey Your fighting in London on this dday be ready" It does not work that way.. The match makers go to both fighters and say "hey, we'd like you to fight so and so on this date at this place can you be ready?" If both parties agree they sign a fight contract. If he did not want to fight there he should not have agreed to it in the first place. If he backs out someone how he should be punished somehow.
runningman08
6/21/09 10:25:55PM
I actually read a interview with Silva one time and he said he was much happier when he was in pride. All i got to say is he is under contract and he will fight where ever the UFC books him. If he doesn't like it then tough ****.
TNPanther78
6/21/09 10:48:16PM

Posted by runningman08

I actually read a interview with Silva one time and he said he was much happier when he was in pride. All i got to say is he is under contract and he will fight where ever the UFC books him. If he doesn't like it then tough ****.