-

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » -
POLL: Do you want another wager system so we can bet with each other again?
YES - I want it as well as the current system 31% (10)
YES - I want it as a sperate wager game with a new bankroll 16% (5)
YES - I want it instead of the current system 3% (1)
NO - it was crap and I got screwed with odds 3% (1)
NO - the new system is better and it was a hassle 34% (11)
I dont have any sort of opinion at all 13% (4)
CornishMMA
6/25/08 1:37:04PM
-
iwannabesedated
6/25/08 2:18:35PM
I kinda miss the old wager system...But i think the biggest problem was people who would create duplicate accounts and make ridiculous bets against each other.Sometimes it was a pain in the ass to find someone to wager with but back then theres wasnt 1/4 of how many members there are now..

If they would go back to the old wager system...You know where you can find someone to wager with. EDIT: i mean lose all your bankroll too.
CornishMMA
6/25/08 2:27:20PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

I kinda miss the old wager system...But i think the biggest problem was people who would create duplicate accounts and make ridiculous bets against each other.Sometimes it was a pain in the ass to find someone to wager with but back then theres wasnt 1/4 of how many members there are now..

If they would go back to the old wager system...You know where you can find someone to wager with. EDIT: i mean lose all your bankroll too.

Yeah well I didnt really think going backwards was a very serious option and didnt expect anyone to go for it its always you isnt it eh NO BUT i think we should have it either as well as the current one or as a seperate game, and yeah they would need better systems in place so you cant have stupid odds, but there are more mods and more of us to spot offenders so i think it could work again, but only as well as not instead of the current system
iwannabesedated
6/25/08 2:32:00PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Yeah well I didnt really think going backwards was a very serious option and didnt expect anyone to go for it its always you isnt it eh NO BUT i think we should have it either as well as the current one or as a seperate game, and yeah they would need better systems in place so you cant have stupid odds, but there are more mods and more of us to spot offenders so i think it could work again, but only as well as not instead of the current system

Been awhile since we've seen threads like...Im taking Fitch i want 4 to 1 odds on the forums..
Figsak
6/25/08 3:59:36PM
You shoul dof told me this site existed a few years ago, I blame all of you for not contacting me, I would have been here!

You're all fired.
Copenhagen
6/25/08 7:24:36PM
The way they have it now is 10X's better IMO. The old wagering system just seemed kinda thrown together as a plus to the point system. Now the wagering system is just as much a part of the game as the point system. Also, like 40 said they had a lot of problems, like duplicate accounts betting against each other.
I couldn't see them (hope to never see them) going back.

If I remember right didn't we only start with 500$ back then?
bobbydoomocculta
6/25/08 8:45:48PM
I wish I was around that long ago... How about if you could Bet against only other players in your camp?? Just as a little side thing for bragging rights... I reckon that'd still be pretty awesome... And you wouldn't have to worry about duplicates...
tepid55
6/25/08 8:47:43PM
It would be fun to have the old wager system as a seperate game like season 1.
zephead
6/25/08 9:23:47PM

Posted by bobbydoomocculta

I wish I was around that long ago... How about if you could Bet against only other players in your camp?? Just as a little side thing for bragging rights... I reckon that'd still be pretty awesome... And you wouldn't have to worry about duplicates...

You would still have a problem. People would start a fight camp and then add 10 clone accounts
bobbydoomocculta
6/25/08 9:37:11PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by bobbydoomocculta

You would still have a problem. People would start a fight camp and then add 10 clone accounts

But i was thinking only to bet and be ranked against your own camp... No prizes or badges or anything... Just a little side game with bragging rights... There wouldn't be much motive for cheating and In smaller camps you'd be found out so quick anyway...
Jimbo
6/26/08 3:37:04AM
yeh i remember the good ol' days lol. i liked the call out wager system. feels like it was YEARS ago.
CornishMMA
6/26/08 6:27:45AM
LOL this thread is now ALL about the old wager system, it was only really an after thought to add the poll to bring it back in some capacity

Posted by zephead

But they still need to bet, and dont know who will win for sure, and we can have a system where they cant get silly odds like before, they could try all that but thier clone would win half the time and would be found out eventually anyway

Another way around the cheating would be to not have any prizes or anything for the winners, its just for bragging rights as ppl have said, so that when you are on the forums and disagree who will win you can back it up with a wager, at the mo everyone just does that with avatar bets, it was good that way around cos it was more an incentive to post about the fights and who you think will win, and its more fun winning $$$ off of a rival member than the house!

What about wager odds tho? Was Kongo the biggest ever underdog to win? Or did Burns just beat him?
tepid55
6/26/08 11:43:13AM
You could have odds guidelines based on how much of a favorite a fighter is in the picks.