Do you like K-1?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Do you like K-1?
cmill21
3/19/08 7:08:36PM
Well I sure do!

K-1 WGP

K-1 MAX Final 16
wolfman
3/19/08 7:11:43PM

Posted by cmill21

Well I sure do!

K-1 WGP

K-1 MAX Final 16

Yeah, I do. Unfortunately, I have been slacking though....Got to get back into it.
pmeout
3/19/08 8:18:11PM
Andy Hug Ernesto Hoost hell yeah
Pookie
3/19/08 8:29:17PM
Bojansky, Hunt, and Lebanner are who i prefer to watch the most.
Svartorm
3/19/08 8:46:57PM
If Semy Schilt stopped fighting, I'd like it.
cmill21
3/19/08 10:15:18PM

Posted by Svartorm

I'm giving Hunt a 40/60 chance of winning. It's hard to out Schilt Semmy and Hunt is the anti Schilt. He doesn't care you you kick him in the teeth, he keeps coming, and I think Semmy will be shocked by that. I also look back at when Sefo dropped Semmy, Hunt is the same type of fighter with a bit better chin and possibly more power. So watch anyways
juanez13
3/19/08 10:26:48PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Svartorm

I'm giving Hunt a 40/60 chance of winning. It's hard to out Schilt Semmy and Hunt is the anti Schilt. He doesn't care you you kick him in the teeth, he keeps coming, and I think Semmy will be shocked by that. I also look back at when Sefo dropped Semmy, Hunt is the same type of fighter with a bit better chin and possibly more power. So watch anyways

Just watchin Hunt hit semmy in the Face will be a spectacle itself, with hunt being 5"10 and semmy 6"11....................But yea i watch as much k-1 as i do MMA, thats what i started watchin in the beginning...War Hug!!
Svartorm
3/19/08 11:10:25PM
He could do it, but if his gas tank falters, Semy will kick him to a decision, and with Semy kicking to the chest all the time, its bound to hurt his cardio.
hotrodttt
3/20/08 12:09:39AM
I love watching Kaoklai Kannorsing Fight because he's the only Fighter I know who can Knockout Fighters who have 100 + Pounds Advantage on him
juanez13
3/20/08 6:34:44AM

Posted by hotrodttt

I love watching Kaoklai Kannorsing Fight because he's the only Fighter I know who can Knockout Fighters who have 100 + Pounds Advantage on him

Yea i remember His Knock out of Mighty Mo that was nuts!
juanez13
3/20/08 6:36:49AM

Posted by Svartorm

He could do it, but if his gas tank falters, Semy will kick him to a decision, and with Semy kicking to the chest all the time, its bound to hurt his cardio.

another thing Hunt has to worry about is the Knees, especially since he is giving up so much reach, he has to come in the pocket every time he is gonna hit schilt.
SmileR
3/20/08 10:41:22AM
I'm actually getting more an more into it! Its a seriously entertaining sport!
Mastodon2
3/20/08 2:35:33PM
I love it even more than I love MMA!
hippysmacker
3/22/08 3:02:24PM

Posted by Svartorm

I predict somewhere between the 30th and 50th front kick Hunt accidentally punches Schilt in the nuts ,and loses by DQ.
cmill21
3/22/08 4:40:22PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Svartorm

I predict somewhere between the 30th and 50th front kick Hunt accidentally punches Schilt in the nuts ,and loses by DQ.

I had a dream that Hunt deflected a front kick and hit Semmy with a HUUUUGE over hand right, putting him down and out. If it happens you know who to come to for predictions from now on Any chance we could get a K-1 league to make picks on
hotrodttt
3/22/08 10:31:55PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Svartorm

I had a dream that Hunt deflected a front kick and hit Semmy with a HUUUUGE over hand right, putting him down and out. If it happens you know who to come to for predictions from now on Any chance we could get a K-1 league to make picks on

That would be Great for us K-1 Fans, but for the people who don't follow K-1 then It'll suck for them
hippysmacker
3/23/08 1:00:35AM
Sorry bro. MMA only, as it wouldn't be fair becuase most fans don't know it at all. In K-1 I am sure you and MAstadon2 would smoke us all though
NatedawgThaM
3/23/08 2:03:47AM
It's cool when I watch the links you guys post sometimes but thanks to ESPN I don't really get into it. The fights they show are mad BORING!!! When they show Cung Le it's cool but when I usually see it they only show the fight were Maurice Smith fights some other black guy with blonde hair and they check everything. Nothing lands clean.

Mastodon2
3/23/08 3:15:22AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

It's cool when I watch the links you guys post sometimes but thanks to ESPN I don't really get into it. The fights they show are mad BORING!!! When they show Cung Le it's cool but when I usually see it they only show the fight were Maurice Smith fights some other black guy with blonde hair and they check everything. Nothing lands clean.

By the sounds of things that black guy with blonde hair is Michael "The Black Sniper" Mcdonald
fullerene
3/23/08 11:35:58AM
I like K-1 fighters and I love the K-1 style of fighting. It might be my favorite form of combat sport to watch.

Do I like K-1 as an organization? No, I don't. As a matter of fact I blame them for messing up what should be a great sport. I think they have shady matchmaking, promotion, fighter contracts and judging. And they emphasize size over talent far too much. Even more than I would like to see a major MMA promotional competitior for the UFC, I would love to see someone besides K-1 compete for world-class kickboxing talent and put on regular, serious events with experienced, ranked contenders fighting each other. There is certainly a way to do that without even touching current K-1 talent by simply promoting the much deeper, predominantly Thai,, talent pool at lower weights.
Rush
3/23/08 12:00:57PM
I've never watched a K-1 event, but I am curious.
cmill21
3/23/08 9:38:20PM

Posted by fullerene

I like K-1 fighters and I love the K-1 style of fighting. It might be my favorite form of combat sport to watch.

Do I like K-1 as an organization? No, I don't. As a matter of fact I blame them for messing up what should be a great sport. I think they have shady matchmaking, promotion, fighter contracts and judging. And they emphasize size over talent far too much. Even more than I would like to see a major MMA promotional competitior for the UFC, I would love to see someone besides K-1 compete for world-class kickboxing talent and put on regular, serious events with experienced, ranked contenders fighting each other. There is certainly a way to do that without even touching current K-1 talent by simply promoting the much deeper, predominantly Thai,, talent pool at lower weights.

I blame them for things like, not having ppv's, not being active in enough tv markets, not producing dvd's outside of Japan, and not having more weight classes as well.