Off Topic

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic
Sports, music, movies, hobbies, etc. NO POLITICAL, RELIGION, OR ABORTION DISCUSSIONS please. You can find all your old Locker Room and Padded Room topics here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Turns Out Couture Wasn't The Only Fighter In The Expendables
    Something I just noticed watching the end credits that I missed the first time in theaters-both Antonio Nogueiras were also in the film! They're credited as being General Garza's bodyguards-Rodrigo...
  2. Happy Turkey Day!!
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the playgrounders! So what's everybody's favorite dish for those that celebrate Thanksgiving? My aunt makes this killer cheesy potato dish, and what's better is when the...
  3. The Official Holiday Family Horror Stories Thread
    You know you've got them. Everyone has a couple after yesterday, let's hear them. The jucier the better.
  4. Favorite Songs
    I know there have been a few favorite bands or what would your entrance music be but havent seen a favorite song list. Figured it would be a great way to hear some great tunes and maybe take an...
  5. Warglory's Metal Video of the Day
    Alright, in light of the fact that we have many metal fans here on the Playground, I figured I, on a daily/whenever the hell I feel like doing it timetable, would post my favorite videos for the day...
  6. RIP Leslie Nielsen, 1926-2010
    One of my favorite comedy actors, he died earlier today of complications from pneumonia at 84. LOS ANGELES – Leslie Nielsen, who traded in his dramatic persona for inspired bumbling as a hapless...
  7. TCU Accepts Offer To The Big East
    Texas Christian University has accepted an invitation to become an all-sports member to the Big East Conference, industry sources told FanHouse. The Horned Frogs will join the league beginning on...
  8. Saw This Online And Had To Post It
    Loved this photo. Family Matters was great. I hear Danny Glover is unlockable.
  9. The Walking Dead (TV Series on AMC)
    Anyone watch it? Thoughts? I personally have grown to love the show. I had high expectations going in...was a little bored with the first half hour of the premier, but have since developed a love for...
  10. Guess Who is Officially Eligible?
    Haters Gonna Hate War Cam Eagle!
    Pages: 2
  11. If you won the lottery, what's the first thing you'd do?
    I've talked about this often with my friends. If you won the lottery, what is the VERY first thing you'd do? Tell a friend? Get some rest? Personally i'd buy some stuff. some new clothes and some car...
  12. Maybe The Silliest Typo I've Ever Seen
    Too bad I couldn't take a picture of this at work today, but shortly before I left one of my bosses put up a sign, presumably for tomorrow, in my primary work area (not open to the public, it's a...
  13. Chuck Norris Now Really is Walker, Texas Ranger
    GARLAND, Texas (AP) - There's only one man tough enough to take down "Walker, Texas Ranger." And that's Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger. The actor and martial-arts expert was named an honorary member of...
  14. RIP Ron Santo
    A sad, sad day for all of Chicago and all Cubs fans alike. Ron Santo has passed away at the age of 70 due to complications from bladder cancer. Ron Santo, a legendary Cubs player and radio...
  15. Big 10 Commissioner and Pac-10 Commisioner Call Out NCAA On Newton Ruling
    Two of the most powerful people in college sports, Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany and Pacific-10 Commissioner Larry Scott, expressed concerns Thursday about the N.C.A.A.’s decision to declare...
  16. NFLPA Takes A Stand, Albeit A Weak And Lame One, On Agents In USC & UNC Scandals
    WASHINGTON -- Longtime agent Gary Wichard was suspended by the NFL Players Association on Friday for nine months for his role in a recruiting scandal involving the University of North Carolina. The...
  17. Anyone Been To An IMAX 3D Film Yet?
    I'm a little curious as to what it's relaly like if you have, in part because a short time ago I got an advance ticket to see "Tron: Legacy" at a new IMAX 3D auditorium at a theater I sometimes go to...
  18. Calling Gartface
    I have to do this. My Pac-10 against your SEC. One month AV bet. F*ck Chip Kelly but I can't miss this chance!
  19. The Nats DIdn't Get It Dunn...But It Might Be Werth It
    Just got the breaking news via email: After the Nats let Adam Dunn go to the Chisox they replaced him with Jayson Werth. $126 million for 7 years. Wow, they finally opened up the pocketbooks....
  20. Ready To Go Bowling? Bowl Schedule Announced
    The bowl schedule for this season was just announced. As expected it's Oregon & Auburn in the BCS Title Game, and that means TCU will be smelling the roses-because Oregon as the Pac-10 Champion is...
  21. RIP Don Meredith
    Don Meredith, the Dallas Cowboys and SMU quarterback and Monday Night Football icon, died Sunday evening in Santa Fe, N.M. He was 72. Meredith died at Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center, a...
  22. Ducks blown off their feet.
    Call me crazy, but I think this is hilarious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEBLt6Kd9EY&feature=player_embedded
  23. Dark object in our solar system is hurling comets at earth
    I sobered up enough to find time to post this. Pretty interesting read Galactus is real! or is it Cthulu?
  24. Florida Coach Urban Meyer To Step Down Today
    For those of you who tweet they story has broken like wildfire and multiple sources have confirmed through Florida that Urban Meyer will call quits as the Gators head coach. He leaves the Gators...
  25. My Red Sox, The *NEW* Evil Empire
    Carl Crawford - 7 Years/$142m LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Boston Red Sox manager Terry Francona called left fielder Carl Crawford a game-changer. Turns out he might have been guilty of understatement....
  26. Interesting Clause In Chip Kelly's Contract
    While Jeremy Foley (University of Florida Athletic Director) has mentioned Chip Kelly's name both times Urban Meyer stepped down, he also said yesterday that Florida is looking at 2.5 weeks before...
  27. Favorite Rapper/Group
    I've been listening to a lot more rap than I have in the past. Lately it's been primarily Aesop Rock. I can't get enough of this guy and can't wait for he puts out a new LP. I was searching the...
  28. Ever Wonder Where The BCS Is Run? It's Staffed By 3 People Who Work From Home
    Eighteen years ago, Jeff Anderson and Chris Hester were just two roommates at the University of Washington, frustrated with their beloved Huskies always being disrespected in college-football poll...
  29. A Promise, Not A Threat, From Big 10 & Big 12 To Non-AQ Schools
    NEW YORK – Inside The W Hotel in Manhattan on Wednesday morning, they sat side-by-side on a platform. Five of the most powerful men in college athletics -- the conference commissioners from the Big...
  30. BCS Declares Germany Winner of World War II
    This Is NOT A Political Thread After determining the Big-12 championship game participants, the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the BCS declared Germany to be the...
  31. EVERYONE Needs To See This.
    This is the most badass thing I have ever seen. Who does this? I would buy this guy a drink on principle. Beer Drinking Bison
  32. Better Late Than Never For The Army Fans...
    GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY! In this case beat them again next year! Navy just won this year's installment 31-17, making it a perfect 4-0 run for the senior class of Midshipmen against the Black Knights. But...
  33. Will Muschamp Is New Florida Gators Head Coach.
    I have confirmed with multiple sources that Will Muschamp has taken the Florida Gators head coaching job. Announcement will be coming shortly. @TimTebow: Welcome to the Gator family Coach Muschamp!...
  34. a "Map of Metal"
    I know there are a lot of metal-heads around here, and anyone into music and website design might get a kick out this. It's a map of metal country, showing relationships between the different types...
  35. The Cubs Have Won Next Season Before It Even Begins
    That is, if the World Series is won by the team with the most Carloses. LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — The Chicago Cubs made one thing clear with their big free-agent signing at baseball's winter meetings...
  36. Any Video Game Fans? Any Batman Fans?
    If you like video games, and/or Batman, then you should like this trailer for Batman: Arkham City. I hope someone else finds this as cool as I did. Link ... Much lower quality link. Youtube
  37. Fantasy College Bowl Pick'em League
    Hey guys, I created a league for Bowl Pick'em. We had fun with the regular season and I thought people would like to join for the post season. Link Group Name: MMAPlayground GROUP ID# 22308 Password:...
  38. Vikings/Giants game moved to Detroit after roof of Metrodome collapse
    Link imagine if this happened during the game......geez
  39. YES!!!!!
    This is what happens when you piss off GSP
  40. Big 10 Reveals New Division Names & Logo.
    These are easily the dumbest division names ever in sports, in my opinion. Leaders Division : Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue and Wisconsin Legends Division : Iowa, Michigan,...
  41. MLB 2010 Notable Offseason Transactions
    Notable moves so far... - Detroit Tigers signed free agent SS Jhonny Peralta. - Philadelphia Phillies signed free agent RHP Jose Contreras. - Pittsburgh Pirates designated LHP Zach Duke for...
  42. University of Iowa Admits To Flaws In Testing Program
    Iowa admitted to finding "flaws and inconsistencies" in its student-athlete drug-testing program in the wake of last week's drug-related arrest of wide receiver Derrell Johnson-Koulianos, but the...
  43. RIP Bob Feller, 1918-2010
    The Indians HOF pitcher died last night at 92 of leukemia. He was not only an Indians fan right up to the end but quite the American story as well. CLEVELAND -- Teenage pitching sensation, World War...
  44. Mark Cuban To Explore Financing College Football Playoff
    Maverick's owner Mark Cuban, after reading Death To The BCS, has begun the exploratory phases of financing a football for FBS football. DALLAS -- After two failed bids to buy a Major League Baseball...
  45. For Those PG's On Twitter
    I am apparently in the middle of a huge war with ESPN SportsNation Anchor Michelle Beadle. I've apparently gotten enough attention on Twitter from my tweets and, subquently, people retweeting my...
  46. Fake RIP Morgan Freeman Report on Twitter
    CNN Twitter just had this to say. BryanDFischer Damn. RIP, we have lost a great one. RT @CNN: Breaking News: actor Morgan Freeman has passed away in his Burbank home This really sucks. I'll miss your...
  47. Good Read
    I just picked up the book "A Fighters Heart" and it is a very good book so far, i just finished part 2. I would definetly reccommend this book for a christmas present or to just pick it up. Its a...
  48. Fear not Earthlings, we are protected!
    Bagger 288 Watch your volume.
  49. McNabb Benched...Behind Webb, Too.
    ASHBURN, Va. -- It's Rex Grossman over Donovan McNabb. Again. And this time, it's from the opening kickoff. The Washington Redskins plan to start Grossman on Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys, coach...
  50. Floyd Mayweather Arrested In Vegas.
    LAS VEGAS -- Police say boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. is in a Las Vegas jail after being arrested on a misdemeanor warrant alleging he poked a security guard in the face last month outside his home....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167