Off Topic

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic
Sports, music, movies, hobbies, etc. NO POLITICAL, RELIGION, OR ABORTION DISCUSSIONS please. You can find all your old Locker Room and Padded Room topics here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Tony Gwynn has cancer
    link One of the best pure hitters in baseball history, and by all accounts a great human being. Terrible news. I hope he can beat it.
  2. Tito and Jenna on the verge of a split?
    Tito's been posting some semi-cryptic tweets lately... the biggest betrayal in a relationship is telling lies. The worse is when everything is lost because of them. I've gave it my all. via SuTweet...
  3. A question for those who know guns...
    Me and some nerd friends, anticipating the premiere of AMC's "The Walking Dead" , were debating the merits of different sorts of firearms in the following circumstances: - You're entering a building,...
  4. BCS Standings Start Coming Next Week-Guess Who Could Be First #1?
    Boise State. That's according to a mock BCS standings done by ESPN. And if it were to hold they would play Oregon in the BCS Championship. If this guy's projections are correct the first BCS rankings...
  5. Watch, and enjoy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RphNiAH7YN0&feature=player_embedded
  6. Confessions of an Agent
    This story appears in the October 18, 2010 issue of Sports Illustrated I will never forget the first time I paid a player. There are moments you will always remember, like your first kiss or your...
  7. Wordfeud for Android
    Anyone play this? It's a sweet online version of scrabble. Hit me up for a game if you do. Username: Gartface
  8. MLB Playoff Predictions
    NLCS: San Fran vs. Philadelphia ALCS: Texas vs. New York Yanks win 4 games to 2 Phils win 4 games to 0 WORLD SERIES: Phillies vs. Yanks Phils win 4 games to 2 (GO RANGERS!)
  9. FINALLY, Something About Brett Favre Worth Talking About
    "Little Favre" took some punishment today during practice. Brett wasn't paying attention when someone was throwing the ball back to him and it connected with his groin. Personally, i couldn't think...
    Pages: 2
  10. NESV Take Over Liverpool
    Link Though there is still some legal issues to clear up regarding Hicks and Gillett's lawsuit for $1.6b in damages. But all signs point to this being finalized, and I couldn't be happier. I'm not a...
  11. Part of Steve McNair's estate unfrozen
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The widow of Steve McNair has won a request to get $2.5 million from the late NFL quarterback's estate. Mechelle McNair had asked a Nashville judge to unfreeze a portion of the...
  12. English People Will Appreciate This
    First, let me say that I've never been to Great Britain in my life. Babalu46 and I were talking about a year ago and the subject of Essex girls came up. Upon hearing about this phenomenon, I...
  13. NFL Week 6 Predictions
    Seattle at Chicago Miami at Green Bay San Diego at St Louis Baltimore at New England Detroit at NYG Atlanta at Philadelphia Cleveland at Pittsburgh New Orleans at Tampa Bay Kansas City at Houston NYJ...
  14. Who Do You Think Has Looked The Most Impressive This Season?
    Today the BCS rankings come out for the first time this season. According to ESPN, Boise St. should top the list, especially with Ohio St. getting dominated by Wisconsin today. Boise dominated San...
  15. Are you tone deaf?
    TEST
  16. Robert Downey Jr. Loves America....and Condit
    I didnt see this until the second time I watched it through, but it stuck out like a sore thumb when I did catch it. LMAO when I realized who it was! PATRIOT.
  17. Minnesota Rapper Eyedea dies at 28
    link No idea if he's got any fans on these boards, but I thought I'd share this anyway. Micheal "Eyedea" Larsen passed away yesterday morning at the age of 28. He will be missed. RIP.
  18. Um...WTF, Junior Seau?
    He reportedly drove his SUV off a cliff today. Former NFL linebacker Junior Seau drove his SUV off a cliff in Carlsbad, Calif., on Monday, just hours after being arrested on suspicion of domestic...
  19. NFL to announce suspensions for hits
    The NFL will announce by Wednesday that, effective this weekend, even first-time offenders face suspension for "devastating hits" and "head shots," according to Ray Anderson, the league's executive...
    Pages: 2 3
  20. Pilot Barred After Refusing Full Body Scan
    My name is Michael Roberts, and I am a pilot for ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., based in Houston (that is, I still am for the time being). This morning as I attempted to pass through the security line...
  21. Your Top 3 Memorable Baseball Moments (moments *YOU* witnessed)
    1 - The McGwire/Sosa HR chase in '98. Steroids or not, this was one of the most magical seasons in baseball history. 2 - The Red Sox and Yankees ALCS in '04. The Sux came back from a 3-0 deficit to...
  22. Olympic Sprinter Banned From 2012 Olympics
    The International Olympic Committee (IOC) confirmed Tuesday that U.S. sprinter LaShawn Merritt will not be able to defend his Olympic 400m title at the London Games after testing positive to a...
  23. Scott Coker: Fight Promoter, Black Belt Martial Artist, and Movie Star?
    Interesting read... Link
  24. The NFL's most overrated player, according to other players, is...
    Terrell Owens. Discuss! I actually disagree. I think Romo should be the runaway winner.
  25. This brings a tear to my eye...
    INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Indianapolis police have arrested Colts punter Pat McAfee on suspicion of public intoxication after he reportedly took a predawn swim in a canal in a nightlife district. Police...
  26. Exit Through The Gift Shop
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsnX63KK2y0 I randomly grabbed this documentary last night and it blew my mind. I've heard about Banksy as a graf artist, and saw the intro he made for the Simpsons a...
  27. Craziest High School Football game finish. My alma mater on espn!
    This clip is from last friday at the PRP (Pleasure Ridge Park High School) in louisville KY (my alma Mater) vs Butler High School, who is there biggest rivals. PRP scored a touchdown to take the lead...
  28. Sax Roll = Horodecki ???
    if anyone has been Sax Roll'd , you know the guy playing away on the sax above. the question is, is that guy secretly Chris Horodecki? you decide...
  29. Gotta Love My University's Police Reports
    An isolated incident requiring police involvement occurred in parking lot F on the CSUB campus late last evening. There is no continuing danger to the campus community and classes will be in session...
  30. Oh Man, Someone Was Murdered On Our Campus
    I had posted something as a joke earlier about a lame-ass and uninformative email our campus police sent us. I feel stupid now. We became the victim of another campus shooting last night. Here's the...
  31. The New Pac-12
    SAN FRANCISCO -- The new Pac-12 conference approved football divisions that will split the California schools and adopted an equal revenue-sharing plan Thursday as the league presidents and...
  32. Looking to purchase a camcorder...any suggestions?
    I'm looking to purchase a camcorder soon but want to do all the research I can before doing so. Do any of you have any suggestions? I'm looking to spend $200-$300. Any input offered is greatly...
  33. It's that time again... Recommend us some Halloween stuff!
    My first recommendation is "The Strain", by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan . This book is about vampires. Fans of "Twilight" and Anne Rice need not apply. These vampires are scary MFs. It's a...
  34. Double Rainbow all the way!!!
    DOUBLE RAINBOW!!!
  35. Anyone Seen The New Jackass Movie?
    Has anyone gone to see this yet? I saw it last night and about died from laughing. I still think the second one was better, but this one was pretty damn good.
  36. Hey Jimmy, What About Your Guarantee?
    The Giants just won the NLCS! Brian Wilson whiffed Ryan Howard looking with 2 on on the bottom of the 9th, 3-2 Giants. So what say you now, Jimmy Rollins? Giants-Rangers in the World Series, it's...
  37. NFL Week 7 Predictions
    Cincinnati at Atlanta Washington at Chicago Philadelphia at Tennessee Jacksonville at Kansas City Pittsburgh at Miami Cleveland at New Orleans St. Louis at Tampa Bay San Fransisco at Carolina Buffalo...
  38. USC's Matt Barkley In Trouble After UFC Tweet
    For those of you who don't tweet, you might have missed the story. After last nights bout between Lesnar and Velasquez, Matt Barkley has found himself in a bit of media hot water for a tweet made...
  39. Stealers win again!
    Did Ike Alama-Francis recover the fumble? "Damn straight," he said. He said refs yelled, "white ball, white ball, white ball," after fumble. -Jeff Darlington on Twitter. Darlington also adds that...
  40. World Series Predictions
    Much to Fox's dismay neither team that "would have drawn ratings" made it to the Series. Instead, baseball fans get the treat of watching a team that hasn't won in 56 years win it all vs. a team that...
  41. Nets Donate to Eric LeGrand Fund
    NEWARK, N.J. -- The New Jersey Nets are donating $75,000 to a fund to help paralyzed Rutgers' football player Eric LeGrand. link This is a classy move by the New Jersey Nets and Devin Harris. I hope...
  42. Who would win in a fight and how? Epic Beard Man vs. Fridge Mover
    Fridge Mover Guy VS Epic Beard Man
  43. Is This FINALLY The Week It All Ends?
    I of course refer to the streak. That being the streak of, naturally, one Brett FAAA-VRUH. Stress fracture in his left ankle and they're hinting at this being the one that finally ends the streak at...
  44. Weirdest/Funniest Thing You've Received Props For On The PG
    What are the weirdest/funniest things you've received props for on this site. To give you an example of what I mean, I'll go first. Gartface and Fleek were having a conversation on the EA Sports MMA...
  45. Halloween Costumes!?!?!
    Well halloween is just around the corner, and I was just wondering what your going as for halloween this year? Oh and if you have any good costume ideas post, me and a couple buddies are going as...
  46. Question about Brock Lesnar
    Anyone know if it is true or not that Sid Vicious is Brocks real father? This sack of **** at work after telling me how bad Brock was going to beat Cain and that it was free on Spike started to tell...
  47. The Biggest B*tch Detail Assignment I've Ever Heard Of
    So my good buddy is at work all night tonight after working since 7am this morning. Doing what you ask? Well, let me tell you. My boy works for the Republican party here in town (I'm not gonna get...
  48. Happy Trails, Paul The Octopus
    Supposedly that famous octopus that correctly picked the World Cup winners this year, much to the dismay of Germany, has moved on to that giant, uh, aquarium in the sky. At least those nutty Germans...
  49. I'm officially a dad...
    Emma Jo Fleek Born 10/29/10 @ 12:07pm 8 lbs. 15 oz. 21.5" I've never been as happy as I am right now. Thanks to everyone for the kind wishes and whatnot. I doubt I'll be posting a whole lot over the...
  50. My Question For College Football
    How on earth are Boise St., Utah, TCU, etc..receiving little to no love from the actual voters, but a team from the Big East and ACC will get an automatic bid to the BCS. Right now I think any three...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167