Off Topic

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic
Sports, music, movies, hobbies, etc. NO POLITICAL, RELIGION, OR ABORTION DISCUSSIONS please. You can find all your old Locker Room and Padded Room topics here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. overdraft fees
    So I ended up spending on a few things with my checking account because a check I had sent for a bill I thought didn't go through (which it did of course), the result was a $245 overdraft fee! The...
  2. The 10 Greatest Cinematic Predators
    With this week’s release of Predators, I am tingling with bloodthirsty excitement. To find a suitable outlet for my giddiness, I thought it would be appropriate to compile a list of cinematic...
  3. 'Barefoot Bandit' has been caught
    LINK \ I saw someone post something on this kid. So here is the link that says he has been caught.
  4. The "Voice Of God" Is Gone
    Legendary Yankees PA announcer Bob Sheppard, known affectionately as The Voice Of God, has died. He passed away today at his Baldwin, NY home. He was 99....
  5. Separated At Birth? World Cup Edition
    Was just watching the World Cup Final and noticed this funny potential coincidence: Carles Puyol, #5 for Spain, looked a lot like UFC star Clay Guida with his grown-out hair. Anyone else think they...
  6. Jersey Fouls! NHL Offseason Edition
    One of my favorite series on Yahoo's Puck Daddy blog is this series called "Jersey Fouls", which showcases exactly that as snapped by NHL fans. Here's the latest batch of the fail and funny: In...
  7. Rev. Jesse Jackson Rips Gilbert's LeBron Comments
    I believe this is newsworthy because I feel as though there's going to be some fallout from this by the league and by the national media. That being said, I am posting this as a news item, not...
  8. Turkoglu to the Suns
    Apparently the Toronto Raptors have found a place for Hedo to get his "Ball". Reports are that he is going to the Suns for Leandro Barbosa and Dwayne Jones. The Raptors will then send Jones and Guard...
  9. Alright, I can't possibly be the only one who finds this funny.
    Feel free to post your own jokes in reference to the new name below this. YMCA Henceforth to be known simply as, "The Y"
  10. Chris Berman named Pete Rozelle Radio-TV Award winner
    ESPN studio host Chris Berman is the 2010 recipient of the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Pete Rozelle Radio-Television Award, it was announced today. The award, given annually by the Pro Football Hall...
  11. 10 of the Craziest Scientific Theories
    Let me start by saying that I read a lot. My job enables me to waste large amounts of time searching the internet for interesting things to read. Crazy is such an ugly word but how else can we...
  12. 10of the Most Terrifying Places on Earth
    One more pretty interesting list. There are places on this planet that are stranger than the most alien landscapes we have ever imagined. Places that make your skin crawl. Places that induce heavy...
  13. BREAKING NEWS: George Steinbrenner dies at 80
    George Steinbrenner has died, a person close to the longtime New York Yankees owner told The Associated Press. WABC-TV in New York reported that Steinbrenner, the Yankees' owner since 1973, suffered...
  14. Free Fantasy Football League
    I thought it would be fun to set up a Fantasy Football League for interested site members for next season. I know its early but once you have picked your team you can change it right up until the...
  15. New season of Dexter announced.....
    Mark your calendars! The new season of Dexter will premiere on Sunday, September 26th at 9pm ET/PT only on Showtime!
  16. Anyone Remember This 80's Ad?
    It was an anti-drinking and driving ad called "The Driver." It had these guys drinking out by a bluffs, or something, and then this David Hasselhoff looking dude rolls up in his slickass ride and...
  17. The best thing (food item) you've ever eaten at a restaurant?
    My list is constantly changing, but these 4 will always be in my top 10...probably Top 5. Italian Beef Sandwich from Portillo's in Chicago. Pizza from 'Chicago Pizza' in Chicago (suprise, eh?)....
  18. BlueSkiesBurn needs your help
    After 11 years I have decided that it is time to quit smoking. Thus far I have gone cold turkey 5 days. I won't lie, this has been harder than sitting through the first Twilight movie (I had no idea...
  19. Earthquake In DC Area Today!?
    Anyone around the DC/MD/VA area feel it? I sure didn't. It happened just after 5 AM today, they said it was a 3.6 and was centered in the Gaithersburg/Germantown area, which is a few miles northwest...
  20. Busty Backflip Fail Girl Blames It On “Wet Grass”
    http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/busty-backflip-fail-girl-blames-it-on-wet-grass/
  21. Would Anyone Be Willing to Make Mel Gibson's Latest Rant a Ringtone For Me?
    I can offer you props if you'd be willing to make his latest rant about Oksana or his threatening to burn the house down a ring tone. I'll PM you my cell number if you need it.
  22. Non-Surprising News Of The Night: Pacquiao-Mayweather Off For Now. Again.
    If like me you figured it wouldn't happen, enjoy your I Told You Sos. Best-case is now May '11 if ever and perhaps Pac-Antonio Margarito/Miguel Cotto before then. From Yahoo Sports: It was three in...
  23. If This Is Any Indicator, Jamarcus Russell Is Most Likely Done As An NFL Athlete
    GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The NFL suspended Green Bay Packers defensive end Johnny Jolly without pay for the upcoming season and perhaps beyond for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Jolly's...
  24. Cleveland Names Beer After LeBron
    CLEVELAND -- A Cleveland brewery is re-releasing a bitter beer inspired by LeBron James' decision to leave the Cavaliers for the Miami Heat. James James Great Lakes Brewing Co. says 30 gallons of...
  25. Best Beer Bar You have Been To!
    Alright, we have heard everyone talk about their favorite beers, but nothing about their favorite watering holes! I will get things started. My favorite bar, hands down, is Novare Res in Portland,...
  26. Anyone on the PG have ESPN Insider
    My subscription to ESPN the Magazine just expired and along with it, my access to ESPN Insider. There's an article that just barely came out that I REALLY want to read and was wondering if anyone who...
  27. Is Pissing While Holding Your Daughter Wrong?
    http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/reader-email-is-pissing-while-holding-your-daughter-wrong/
  28. Trojan Fans Have A Reason To Celebrate
    LOS ANGELES -- Southern California is cleaning house in its tarnished athletic department, throwing out much of what got the school in severe NCAA trouble. Athletic director Mike Garrett and Reggie...
  29. EA MMA just got a whole lot cooler (pic inside)
    Rickson!
  30. ESPN Streak For The Cash
    Iv'e been playing this game for a while now, kind of became an addiction too. Was wondering if any of my fellow playgrounders played it too, and if so what groups are you in. I'm currently in only 1...
  31. Weird question but here it goes
    Within the court of law what does this mean? ISSUE B/W FTA,REVOKE P/T RELEASE, HOLD W/O BOND (LS) proper respect in advance Smiley
  32. For those who have seen Dazed and Confused....
    Lincecum vs that kid... I laughed hard...
  33. My Unce Geoff Thompson is in a rap video
    Geoff Thompson
  34. Stars of UFC come out for 12 Premiere. On UK DVD NOW!
    UFC stars Ross Pearson and Micheal Bisping attended the Manchester premiere of UK fight film 12 last week. They loved the movie, you will too. Low budget, High Action thrills on UK DVD now. Stars of...
  35. Best Amature Boxing Video Ever!
    To funny for me to comment at this moment! You Tube
  36. anyong know where to watch movies online....
    Just wondering if you guys knew where to watch movies online, cause for some reason every site i have checked the videos dont work.
  37. Jury Duty (Smiley goes tomorrow)
    I got a summons for the grand jury a while back and I go tomorrow. Does anyone have any tips to get out of having to do this? The best tip it seems i've found so far is my right of "Jury...
  38. First Randy now Bas
    I introduce you to B.A.S or Body Action System BAS
  39. Any Other MD Wrestling Fans Going To CHIKARA On 9/18?
    If you're thinking about it, these 2 words should convince you to go: Manami Toyota. She's the Ric Flair of Japanese women's wrestling, considered the greatest woman wrestler EVER. (I can debate...
  40. So, I saw one of the coolest live bands ever the other night...
    Los Duggans! Bluegrass and folk meet death metal and its psychobilly girlfriend. Here's everything I could find on them. OFFICIAL Website Los Duggans on MySpace (I guess people *do* still use it.)...
  41. Another take on inception
    Dora the Explorer does Inception You kind of have to know what Inception and Dora the Explorer are to get this.
  42. New Black Label
    Check it out, yo. LINK
  43. The Hockey Fighters' Worst Enemy...Mommy
    Maybe not the best hockey fight ever, but certainly the funniest. Not just teammates about to go at it, but kids...until the VOICE OF DOOM is heard:...
  44. TO signs with......
    Cincy. Heres the Link (ESPN)
  45. Another legal question from smiley
    I've looked but really can't find a solid definition for this term: WITHDRAWN REQ OF PROSECUTOR/ FINDING OF WITHDRAWN REQ. OF PROSECUTION WAS DETERM AT DISPO 07-28-2010 Any help would be greatly...
  46. Any Mountain Bike gurus out there?
    If so, PM me. I have a question on a purchase I might be making and could use your input. Props will be awarded for sure!
  47. How Much Money Can A Landlord Charge You In Damages For A 5 Day House Rental?
    http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/reader-email-how-much-money-can-a-landlord-charge-you-in-damages-for-a-5-day-house-rental/
  48. Some People Still Know How to Party No Matter What Age They Are
    This guy clearly knows how to party. Nobody will ever confuse him for not having his priorities straight. Wild Wild Women
  49. 2010 Yahoo Sports Pro Football Pick 'Em (MMAPG League)
    Ready to pick some pigs again? Yahoo Sports Pro Football Pick 'Em is back! http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem And there's a new tweak this year... Not my spelling, but...Playoffs! This...
  50. The Colony
    Any check this show out? It's the second season and on Discovery channel. Basic idea is that theres a simulated viral infection and ten people are placed in a roughly six arce, burnt out lot in New...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165