Off Topic

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic
Sports, music, movies, hobbies, etc. NO POLITICAL, RELIGION, OR ABORTION DISCUSSIONS please. You can find all your old Locker Room and Padded Room topics here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Chess Tournament
    Hey any Peopel out here interested in Chess....BluesSkiesburn and I are members of chess.com and are trying to work up some interest in the playground and find some other folks who are into...
  2. Bullfighter Gets Gored
    A famous bullfighter was almost gored to death by a bull in Spain today leaving him critically injured. After several operations it is said he is going to live, but as you can see from the photos, it...
  3. Top 10 MMA Conspiracy Theories
    If MMA folks sometimes seem a little suspicious that The Man is out to get them it’s because there was a time in the sport’s short history when The Man really was out to get them, and not just in the...
  4. Your top 10 guy code rules...
    1: Bro's before hoes. (Never pick girl over your friend... unless she's above a 8 on the 1-10 scale and you can get some ass) 2: The first drink of the night is ALWAYS a beer. 3: Never leave a man...
    Pages: 2
  5. "Lost" Re-Enacted In 1 Minute
    By cats. Really funny video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-DShnvNNv0&feature=player_embedded I never watched the show (didn't care for it) but this really had me laughing.
  6. Slipknot bassist Paul Gray dead.
    Link Didn't know if anyone is bothered by this but i certainly didn't mind slipknot.
  7. I don't know if anyone here was in a Fraternity/Sorority but...
    This is beyond epic and awesome. Makes me jealous that my fraternity didn't do anything like this. They put us to shame and I thought we were bad. LINK
  8. Standing On Top Of The World!
    Just got word from my family out in California that my aunt's teenage son (my cousin) reached the top of Mt. Everest yesterday. He's not the 13-year-old that just became the youngest to do it (I want...
  9. Ever wonder what your favorite band demands when they play a show?
    As I am sure most people know, bands can make some pretty ridiculous demands when they play a live show. The venues, if they wish to get the band to play, must comply with these demands Bands are...
  10. Vikings Jared Allen gets rid of his mullet.
    The Minnesota Vikings' star defensive end, known as much for his hairstyle as well as his ability to get to the opposing team's quarterback, lost his mullet as he gets ready for his upcoming...
  11. US World Cup team finalized.
    Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa, England), Marcus Hahnemann (Wolverhampton, England), Tim Howard (Everton, England). Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes, France), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas...
  12. Dana White vs. Ozzie Guillen
    Okay, so Ozzie Guillen had another one of his epic tirades today after Umpire West threw out Beuhrle for tossing his glove on the ground after a game. This made me wonder if Ozzie and Dana had a...
  13. Just turned pro MMA fighter charged with murder after gouging mans heart and eyes
    I found this bit of news a tad bit crazy http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/MMA-fighter-Jarrod-Wyatt-eyes-heart-murder-charge-052610 A mixed martial arts fighter who allegedly gouged out another...
  14. Ali vs Tyson
    Who takes this? I'm leaning towards Ali but can't count Tyson out! Ali had the footwork, speed, defense and offense. He'd have the psychological edge too in my opinion. He was driven and with out...
  15. HTC Incredible
    Anyone currently using the new Droid Incredible? I'm chomping at the bit for a new phone and I already know that I'm making the switch to an android based smartphone. Just curious what anyone's...
  16. Thermablade, Warm Skate Blades
    You hardcore hockey fans may have already known about this, or seen the link, but that is a pretty crazy invention. Thermablade
  17. More sad news in the world?
    More reason to dislike the month of May 2010 Link
  18. Bruce Willis v. Robert DeNiro
    If these two faced off in a Motion picture as leading actors pushing conflicting agenda's; Who's acting skillset/proven dominance would cause their character to be victorious over the other. Bruce...
  19. Fighter Quality
    This might not have been the best title of the thread, but I'm writing yet another paper on MMA (if the teacher asks for my topic, what else would I chose?) In boxing I've seen a lot of repeat...
  20. So I have started watching Das Boot for the first time ever...
    And I think I have bitten off more than I can chew. This director's cut version clocks in at like, 3 and a half hours! I just watched the first half and I feel like I have to go outside to get a...
  21. undisputed 2010 Xbox Camp
    I started a camp for the heck of it team mullisha send me your xbox live if you want in. just a camp for fun, nothing serious
  22. RIP Dennis Hopper
    The great Dennis Hopper has passed away today. He succumbed to prostate cancer. He was 74. LINK
  23. Facebook
    I actually just found out from Postman that we have a Facebook page. To my knowledge it's not official but, it got me thinking, I don't know if this thread has been made before so I am posting it...
  24. Help me Playgrounders
    I am writing a research paper for my masters class on MMA fans and their educational level. I am hypothesizing that there are a good number of MMA fans with advanced levels of education. I have based...
  25. Memorial Day
    Just a few random thoughts... I saw a caption in an email fwd the other day that went something like this: "Thanksgiving is a day to give thanks for all that we have. Memorial Day is a day to give...
  26. Chuck Liddell vs Rich Franklin
    Who do you think will win at UFC 115 ??? This will be a legendary fight i cannot wait for. I will be going for Rich Franklin
  27. Officially the best text message ever....
    So, I get a text message from a girl today who had the wrong number in her effort to convince me that I knew her she gave me the following gem as a means to remember who she was. "It's amy, u know,...
  28. Storm blows a 200ft hole in Guatemala City, swallowing a building
    I didn't think this was real at first but holy sh*t At least one man was killed and others are missing after a three-storey building fell into a 200ft-deep sink hole in Guatemala City. Tropical storm...
  29. Canseco to back Clemens during Hearing.
    WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Five years after enlightening a Congressional subcommittee with tales of rampant doping in baseball and penning a tell-all book, Jose Canseco returned Wednesday to prepare to...
  30. Welker back on the field for the Patriots already!?
    Four months after having surgery to repair his ACL Wes Welker was actually back on the field for the Patriots and was actually running around catching balls. This is a great sign for the Patriots....
  31. Ken Griffey Jr. Retires
    SEATTLE -- Seattle Mariners manager Don Wakamatsu says Ken Griffey Jr. is retiring. Wakamatsu made the announcement before Wednesday night's game against Minnesota. Griffey's retirement is effective...
  32. FYI To Wrestling Fans: Never Grab The Masks During Matches!
    A fan did that to LA PARK (you might have known him as La Parka, The Chairman Of WCW) and PARK took exception...and COLD COCKED HIM! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH7SXtpj9SE&feature=player_embedded...
  33. Rue McClanahan Dies At 76
    We're sadly now down to just one of "The Golden Girls", just read that McClanahan has died after a stroke. "She passed away at 1 a.m. this morning. She had a massive stroke," her manager, Barbara...
  34. Presidents vs. Pierogies: ROUND 3!
    Just learned via the Nationals' email newsletter that Our Savior isn't the only big thing in town next week...RIVALRY RENEWED! When the Pirates visit the Nats in DC, the Racing Pierogies will come...
  35. Okay...Half Pint Brawlers...who watched it?
    I laughed so hard I nearly shat myself. Man, I love midgets!
  36. why you should always hire someone to do home improvements
    so im remodeling my basement bar/rec room and im just doing a little at a time by myself and now that my carpet and floor have been ripped out i decided to take out the old drop ceiling today because...
    Pages: 2 3
  37. Anyone know what happened to pv3Hpv3p?
    I started thinking about past "regulars" that I don't see too much of anymore. pv3Hpv3p used to be around quite a bit but hasn't even logged in to the site in over 2 months. Anyone know what's going...
  38. OK playground, time to break out YOUR embarrassing stories
    the mouse story is out there now so lets hear your embarrassing stories, or tales of why you are an idiot. just so no one is shy, ill let you guys in on my trip to wrigley field about 9 years ago......
  39. John Wooden hospitalized
    people throw around the word legend, and talk about peoples contributions to their chosen fields a lot, but in this mans case its all deserved and then some. hes 99 and in "grave" condition, so we...
  40. Miguel Cotto- Bronx
    Here is some webisodes for leading up to Miguel Cotto's big fight at Yankee Stadium called, Road to the Bronx. LINK
  41. 10 Stupid Baseball Injuries
    I guess Kendry Morales, 1st basemen for the Angels broke his leg celebrating a game winning Grand Slam last week. Apparently he is going to miss the majority of the season. This is a link to a story...
  42. Cowcatcher's birthday is tomorrow.
    It's the Original B.A. MOD's birthday tomorrow. Show your love for the old bastard for all the hard work he does. Oh, and if anybody has a spare pair of testicles they want give as a gift he's in...
  43. If you haven't seen this I swear it's the funniest thing ever.
    Since we've been posting all our fail stories....this is the greatest fail of all time and it falls right in line with the **** Jackelope, Cowcatcher, myself, and Warglory have posted about being...
  44. Just had the weirdest dream.
    It might just be me, but when I drink I usually have the strangest dreams, and last night was no exception. It started off with me being really good friends with Rampage, in fact I was living with...
  45. Yahoo Fantasy Football League
    Its almost that time again, and registrations are open. i created a league for 12 teams from the playground to join CLICK HERE password is fedor also the draft time is set for july 31 but it will be...
    Pages: 2 3
  46. Anyone use AutoCheck Vehicle History Report?
    autocheck Has anyone used this autocheck to check vehicle history reports for cars? I didnt know if it was any good or legit. Since it seems carfax only lets you buy 1 or 5 carfax reports. AutoCheck...
  47. Has anyone read "Got Fight?"(Forrest Griffin)?
    Just wondering if any of you guys have read forrests griffin book "Got Fight", Im just about to finish it probably got 20 pages left and let me tell you if you haven't read it I would definetly...
  48. posted ownage video
    Anyone see posted cellphone video guy keeping opponent in a triangle choke while showing off for some girls lol. having tech problems but will post link soon gotta see this brutal but *******...
  49. The A-Team: How Will It Open?
    Something I was thinking about while listening to last night's episode of Pro MMA Radio: Jesse Holland (the main man at Mania) told host Larry Pepe that supposedly Fox Studios (movie...
  50. Mr. T Is Not a Fan of the New 'A-Team'
    The most famous star of the original "The A-Team" TV series is speaking out against the new movie remake. Mr. T, who played B.A. Baracus on the original series, says he was offered a cameo in the new...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166