Off Topic

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic
Sports, music, movies, hobbies, etc. NO POLITICAL, RELIGION, OR ABORTION DISCUSSIONS please. You can find all your old Locker Room and Padded Room topics here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Jones vs Hopkins II
    Just wondering what people think about two dinosaurs fighting. I quit watching boxing when Roy quit being Roy. I think we'll see a determined Roy, but I expect Hopkins to wear Roy down and take a...
  2. Unbelievable new choke from the rubber gaurd!
    Vif link of the sub Eddie Bravo's twitter comment This one even made Eddie Bravo freak out, make sure to stretch out properly before trying this one at home.
  3. UFC Undisputed 2010
    When will the demo be out and who will be in it???!!!???!!?!?!?!?!??!!?
  4. Happy easter everyone
    Happy easter to everyone, well everyone who celebrates easter, and to everyone who doesnt Happy Sunday!
  5. McNabb traded to redskins!
    never saw this one coming. link
  6. Car suggestions?
    Hey everybody, I am looking for a vehicle to drive and was open to suggestions. I am simple in the fact that it doesnt matter what type of vehicle I drive, I've always bought from the first dealer...
  7. Twitter - Whats your username?
    All, I couldn't see a thread for this on here and thought we could do a thread for following each other plus any MMA luminaries tha anyone wants to post on here.. Myself: @screen1ne I'll post some...
  8. XBOX 360 repairs
    New just opened in *****, ********** called *-*** google and come get ur S*** fixed and we also sell games, cards, g.i. joes, & transfomers
  9. A Funny Thought I Had From The Olympics
    I've been watching the women's Curling Gold Medal game (only because iTunes had the full game for 99 cents) and I've been thinking this: If there is one athlete from these games that should try MMA,...
  10. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - America: 1988
    I wish I'd seen this on April Fool's Day, but it's still worth it: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - America: 1988 "When war-hero-turned-handyman Kesuke Miyagi is found drained of blood, it becomes...
  11. Boston Bruin Marc Savard has a thank you note in the mail to young Evander Kane
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9Sp-WndwA
  12. Bought a new toy today...
    Been wanting one for years now and finally took the leap... It's only a Sportster 1200, but it's a start. Now all I gotta do is find some time to ride the damn thing!
  13. Conan O'Brien is back on TV
    Conan O'Brien faces a long haul to get back to the top of the TV mountain. He's been there before, though, so let's assume that on this next trip he won't settle for just conquering a few foothills....
  14. Book Recommendations
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone has some good book recommendations for me. I like books on sports and crime but will take all recommendations into consideration. Any good boxing or mma book...
  15. Floyd Mayweather ...
    I know with all the trash talk this guy has done, probably everyone here would like to see him get checked. Funny, he gets called out by R.A. a rapper thats a huge boxing fan and basically put on...
  16. Big Ben Roethlisberger
    So, I made this post because this issue has come up in another topic related to Mike Whitehead and it's something that I wanted to ask the forum about. With the recent allegations of sexual assault...
  17. REPORT: Brandon Marshall (WR) traded to the...
    ...Miami Dolphins in exchange for a 2nd Round pick in both the 2010 and 2011 draft.
  18. Official NHL Playoff Thread
    I know there's the hockey talk thread but I thought it could be cool to have one just for playoffs starting now. It's gonna be awesome this year, it starts off tonight with Ottawa vs Pittsburgh, New...
    Pages: 2 3 4
  19. Peter Steele of Type O Negative found dead (RIP)
    http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/04/15/type-o-negative-singer-peter-steele-dead-at-48/ He faked his death once before but apparently this time it's very true. TON was one of my...
  20. boxing live vs. mma live
    I just worked a boxing event and it was fantastic. It was amatuer ish but that's what made it great... I am a huge MMA fan but i've never seen it live .I like boxing but I didn't expect to get as...
  21. The next "big thing" in Mixed Martial Arts...
    A Cesar Gracie blackbelt, weighing in at 1.2 ounces and standing (swimming) 2.1 inches tall...
  22. Fan take jackass to a whole new level
    "PHILADELPHIA -- A New Jersey man is facing charges after police say he intentionally vomited on an 11-year-old girl and her father in the stands during a Philadelphia Phillies game." I've seen some...
  23. Kick-Ass Movie
    Did anyone go and see Kick-Ass today? Without spoiling it for those who haven't seen it, just wondering what you thought of the movie...I thought it was pretty legit
  24. Cop in Roethlisberger case resigns
    LINK "The Georgia police officer who took the first report from the woman who accused Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault has resigned. Milledgeville police Chief...
  25. What is a parlay bet?
    Forgive me for asking, but I've no idea what this is, can anyone explain it, maybe?
  26. 3 way trade between Philly, Detroit and Denver
    I quite like the potential of this trade for the Eagles link
  27. What is Your Favorite MMA Event of All Time?
    The title says it all. Mine is Bushido 9 with Pride 10 coming in at a close second.
  28. Big Ben (Roethlisberger) Suspended For...
    6 games. Roethlisberger also must undergo a “comprehensive behavioral evaluation by medical professionals.” Upon completion the suspension could be reduced to 4 games. Don't worry, the Steelers...
    Pages: 2
  29. Ambigiously gay duo?
    As I understand it the forum rules still apply here, but to a lesser degree. I will try very hard to abide by those rules and would like to apologize in advance if I am in breach of any of them. I...
  30. (Madden) Cursed! This Year's Victim Is...
    Drew Brees. Re-enter the Aints, stage right. This likely means Brees will suffer a significant injury this coming season. And it'll be the fans' fault as they voted him on the cover, sparing Jared...
  31. NFL Draft
    Today is the day fellow playgrounders. I, for one, am very excited for the draft and cannot wait to see who will go in the first round. I figured since nobody had started this topic, I would get it...
    Pages: 2
  32. Training song
    I was playing NHL 10 (great game, btw) this week, and I heard a few songs that absolutely pumped me up. However, one of my favorites was actually with a girl as the lead singer, and for some reason...
  33. Call Of Duty - MW2 question
    Ok so I got my PS3 back in March and went to rent MW2, only to find out at home the dumbasses put World At War in the case. Anyhow, I played the game and it was ok but have been meaning to pick up...
  34. Don't Underestimate the Value of a 4th-7th Round Pick in the Draft
    I can't recall the last time so much activity took place on day 3 of the draft. I was alarmed by some of the names traded on day 3 for late round picks. Lendale White, Leon Washington, etc.. are just...
  35. Weirdest Website Ever Made
    When I am winding down at night I like to read Cracked.com for their funny articles regarding absurd topics. Last night I happened across an article so absurd and hilarious that I thought I'd share...
  36. Tattoos (need ideas, feel free to post a pic of your own tattoo)
    Hey guys I've been really thinkn about getting a tattoo soon, but Im not 100% sure on what to get, I like the tribal designs, chinese writing or any cool designs and was thinking about getting it on...
  37. Phillies Fans Rejoice
    ESPN has reported that the Phillies have signed slugger Ryan Howard to a 5 year $125mil extension. I'm sure this will make fans of the defending NL champs rather excited. SOURCE
  38. So long, Jacques Lemaire
    Following the early exit of Boo_Radley's NJ Devils, Coach Lemaire has decided that will be it for his days as a coach. SOURCE
  39. Have you ever won a sweepstakes or contest?
    Just curious, it can be anything online, company related, store, TV show etc. as long as it is something relatively big (not the fishing pool of the 20 passenger boat). Thought of this because I've...
  40. Do GM's go to far with pre-draft questions?
    "Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland apologized to Dallas Cowboys first-round draft pick Dez Bryant on Tuesday for asking whether his mother was a prostitute during a pre-draft visit." I ran...
  41. Wizards closing in on sale of team to Capitals owner
    "The family of late Washington Wizards owner Abe Pollin has agreed to the "major economic terms" of a deal to sell its stake in the NBA team to Washington Capitals owner Ted Leonsis" I more or less...
  42. Which late musical artist do you still wish was alive?
    THere has been many influences over the years towards music but then there are some people who just take it to another level, and if you could pick one to be alive today and still producing music...
  43. "Fake Fighting" Alert: Barnett Wrestling In Japan Again
    Well, looks like no Josh Barnett in MMA for a while. He reportedly has a "longterm" deal to be a wrestler in Japan for Antonio Inoki's IGF promotion. Zach Arnold over at FightOpinion.com dug up an...
  44. Jonah Hex
    I used to read "Jonah Hex" and "Weird Western Tales" when I was knee-high to a grasshopper. The trailer is freaking awesome. I hope the film is as good. "Hey, Hex! What happened to yer face?" -BLAM-...
  45. NCAA Tourney offically expanded.
    The NCAA has approved the addition of 4 more teams to the Tournament. It will now be the field of 68. Source
  46. UFC Undisputed 2010 Demo - Thoughts?
    I've read on MMATycoon that the striking is 100% improved from last year. People are really praising the game and how much better it is than the previous release. I've yet to get my friggin' code for...
  47. Brett Favre Retirement Watch Update: Needs Surgery To Play
    That seems to be the bottom line: Surgery is needed if we are to have more Brett FAAA-VRUH this season: EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota (AP)—Brett Favre is telling ESPN he needs surgery on his left ankle to...
  48. Cuban Unhappy with the NBA...again
    After losing to the 7th seeded Spurs in 6 Games, Mavericks owner Mark Cuban had this to say about the NBA. "I'm proud of our guys, the way they kept on fighting back. I'm not so proud of the NBA. I'm...
  49. Santonio Holmes in trouble...again.
    If there's a way to get into trouble, Santonio Holmes will find it. New York Jets have reported that Santonio Holmes was involved in an incident report while on-board a flight from Newark to...
  50. A Nigtmare on Elms Street 2010
    So I coughed up the money to take my and my girlfriend to see the remake last night. I came in with my expectation low since the reviews shunned the film and the trailers didn't do much to get me...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165