- Rory MacDonald vs. Tarec Saffiedine headlines UFC Fight Night 54 in Halifax
The UFC still will show a little love to Canada this fall after events planned for Toronto and Montreal were yanked from the calendar. Link
- Kevin Lee vs. Jon Tuck added to September's UFC 178 card in Las Vegas
September’s UFC 178 pay-per-view continues to grow with the addition of a lightweight bout to the bill in Las Vegas. Link
- Mairbek Taisumov meets Marcin Bandel at UFC Fight Night 53 in Stockholm
The UFC’s October show in Sweden continues to build with the addition of a lightweight bout to the card. Link
- UFC issues statement on Robert Drysdale, Kevin Casey drug test failures
Following positive drug tests for a pair of its fighters at separate events earlier this month, the UFC has issued a statement. Link
- Galvao-‘Cyborg,’ Sperry-Liborio Official for ADCC 2015
Sherdog.com has confirmed with Peter Ivanov Baltaliyski of the ADCC commission that Andre Galvao will take on Roberto "Cyborg" Abreu and Mario Sperry will battle Ricardo Liborio at the event, putting...
- Video: With UFC 178 looming Jon Jones stitched up for cut over left eye
Link UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has suffered a cut above his left eye with about two months left before his UFC 178 title defense against Daniel Cormier.
- Akihiro Gono, Yoshiyuki Yoshida sign with Titan FC
Akihiro Gono and Yoshiyuki Yoshida, who built back their careers after leaving the UFC, have just signed a deal with the Titan FC. Link
- Anthony Johnson will fight Overeem at any weight
UFC light heavyweight Anthony Rumble Johnson is coming off a huge KO against Lil Nog this past Saturday at UFC on Fox 12. The knockout marked his second straight Octagon victory, with the first one...
- Magnus Cedenblad-Scott Askham Middleweight Tilt Added to UFC Fight Night Sweden
UFC Fight Night Sweden has added a middleweight contest pitting Magnus Cedenbland against Scott Askham. Link
- Iuri Alcantara vs. Russell Doane added to UFC Fight Night 51 in Brasilia
A bantamweight matchup Brazilian veteran Iuri Alcantara (30-5 MMA, 5-2 UFC) and Hawaiian prospect Russell Doane (14-3 MMA, 2-0 UFC) has been added to the UFC Fight Night 51 lineup. Link
- Legacy Fighting Championship to Promote Pro Kickboxing Events Beginning in 2015
For its first four years of existence, Legacy Fighting Championship was known only for mixed martial arts events. Link
- Cage Warriors Moves Aug. 23 Card to Jordan After Dispute with Swedish Federation
European mixed martial arts promotion Cage Warriors Fighting Championship has elected to move its Aug. 23 event from Stockholm to Amman, Jordan, on Aug. 22. Link
- Kickboxing fans: Superkombat is live this weekend
Get all the info here on Superkombat live in Romania this weekend, featuring kickboxing from the likes of Catalin Morosanu and Sebastian Ciobanu. Link
- After over a decade in a ring, URCC re-launches in a Cage
After over a decade of hosting shows using a ring, the Philippines' URCC has decided to make the switch to the cage. Link
- Cage Warriors 72 set for Sept. 13 in Wales with pair of title fights
Cage Warriors will return to Wales in September, and a pair of title fights will be at the top of the bill. Link
- Rumors of Donald Cerrone vs Eddie Alvarez at UFC 178 gathering momentum
MMA fans may see yet another action packed bout added to UFC 178 as rumors of a bout between Donald Cerrone and Bellator champion Eddie Alvarez are picking up steam. UFC 178 is already one of the...
- Jose Aldo blasts fighters critical of TRT: 'They're pussies trying to find an excuse'
Jose Aldo says that he's not concerned if his opponents are using performance enhancing drugs and fighters who criticize TRT are trying to find an excuse for possible losses. Link
- Anderson Silva 'dying to return to the octagon' but says fighting for a title not a priority right now
While Anderson Silva (33-6 MMA, 16-2 UFC) has a superfight with Nick Diaz (26-9 MMA, 7-6 UFC) on the horizon, he’s not really worried about where a win leaves him in the middleweight division. Right...
- Bellator fighters happy to see tournament format go away
Although Bellator has yet to officially announce the end of tournaments, with a new management regime at the head of the Viacom-owned promotion, several high-profile fighters already are anticipating...
- Phil Baroni: I'm going to fight until I win a world championship
Despite just two victories in his past 10 professional contests, Phil Baroni (15-18) says he’s not ready to walk away from MMA competition just yet. Link
- Torres Fights Chope Following 'Battle Royale'
Despite their unceremonious exits from ZUFFA (details here and here), both Torres and Chope have found success overseas. Link
- Manny Gamburyan Set For Bantamweight Debut Against Cody Gibson at UFC 178
Manny Gamburyan will make his 135-pound debut against Cody Gibson at UFC 178 in Las Vegas. Link
- After Brief Hiatus, Three-Time UFC Veteran Henry Martinez Rekindles Love for MMA
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Henry Martinez walks into the Jackson-Wink MMA gym on a warm summer morning in late July, wearing the extra weight that accompanies parenthood and the type of smile reserved only...
- 'RFA 17: Cochrane vs. Giagos' event set for Aug. 22 in South Dakota
South Dakota’s first sanctioned MMA event is set for Aug. 22 at Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, S.D., with “RFA 17: Cochrane vs. Giagos.” Link
- Strikeforce Veteran Malaipet Outlasts Greskiewicz at Lion Fight 17
Malaipet Sasiprapa won’t be hanging up his gloves any time soon. Link
- 'UFC Fight Night 51: Bigfoot vs. Arlovski 2' bout order set, features 11 bouts on UFC Fight Pass
The 11-bout lineup for next month’s UFC Fight Night 51 event is complete, with a six-fight main card and five-bout preliminary lineup all airing on UFC Fight Pass. Link
- Karate Clerk Invited To Train At Black House MMA
What's the reward you get for beating down a couple of thieves? An open invitation to train with the gym that houses former UFC champions Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida, and other mixed martial arts...
- John Moraga vs. Justin Scoggins added to UFC Fight Night 50 in September
A flyweight matchup between onetime title contender John Moraga (14-3 MMA, 3-2 UFC) and prospect Justin Scoggins (9-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) is the latest addition to UFC Fight Night 50. Link
- Thatch posts graphic pic of broken toe, out against Mein
Top welterweight prospect Brandon Thatch (11-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) today announced he’s withdrawn from a planned UFC Fight Night 49 fight with Jordan Mein – and he provided graphic evidence of the cause....
- Bantamweights Ian Entwistle vs. Dustin Kimura added to UFC Fight Night 50
A bantamweight matchup between England’s Ian Entwistle (8-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Hawaii’s Dustin Kimura (11-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC) has been added to UFC Fight Night 50. Link
- Fedor Still Training, Says Cain Is Ideal Match Up
When Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight titleholder Cain Velasquez defeated Brock Lesnar to win the 265-pound strap at the UFC 121 pay-per-view (PPV) way back in 2010, the newly-crowned...
- Curran credits move to Team Takedown for growth
NEW YORK -- Bellator featherweight champion took part in a recent media day for the organization and discussed his tan, why he's training full time for his camps at Team Takedown in Texas, his...
- Overeem Hopeful for Lesnar Rematch
Overeem is shooting for a rematch with Lesnar Link
- Quinton Jackson starts new MMA promotion in quest to find next 'Rampage'
And he's getting a little help from his friend and former UFC lightweight Antonio McKee. Link
- Manager: Nate Diaz And UFC Are No Longer Talking
When Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) was able to lure Nick Diaz out of retirement -- despite his state of chronic disgruntlement -- there was hope that his younger brother Nate would soon...
- Pat Cummins wants Anthony Johnson fight, puts Jon Jones on blast for Twitter snub
I'll say one thing about "Durkin," he's certainly not lacking any confidence. Link
- In wake of Cage Warriors 71 move out of Sweden, SMMAF dissolves pro committee
If it’s any consolation to the Cage Warriors brass, future attempts to put on an event in Sweden might be met with considerably more success. Link
- Pacquiao dips toes in MMA, gets shares in ONE FC
Manny Pacquiao, who truly has varied interests, now also has an 'undisclosed' amount of shares with Asian MMA promotion, ONE FC. Link
- Michael Bisping: 'Stupid' Robert Drysdale can kiss my ass
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight contender and UFC Fight Night 48 headliner Michael Bisping is mad as hell, and he's not gonna take it anymore. Link
- Metamoris 4 odds: Chael Sonnen whopping +1600 underdog against Andre Galvao (-1500)
Skip your morning latte. Put that finsky on "The American Gangster." Link
- Sonnen vs. Galvao Metamoris bout in jeopardy due to failed drug tests
A loophole in Chael Sonnen's athletic career may be closing, with the threat of large fines looming if he competes at Metamoris 4. Link
- K-1 postpones October event by one week due to 'technical difficulties'
Troubled kickboxing organization K-1 has changed the date of its next event for a second time. In a brief post on the official K-1 Global Facebook page, the company announced that the show has been...
- Video: Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier come to blows at UFC 178 media tour
The heated rivalry between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier reached a boiling point in Las Vegas today. Today commenced the media tours for the big UFC 178: Jones vs. Cormier PPV in Las Vegas, Nevada,...
- Video: If Fabricio Werdum wins UFC heavyweight title, Roy Nelson wants rematch
Link Fabricio Werdum‘s performance at UFC 143 against Roy Nelson was an impressive, and to some, unexpected, turn that launched a win streak leading to his November title shot against champ Cain...
- Jon Jones' Manager denies punching Daniel Cormier during Brawl: 'I broke it up'
Manager Malki Kawa has denied punching Daniel Cormier during that brawl with Jon Jones during a UFC 178 press conference. Link
- NSAC reserves comment on Jon Jones-Daniel Cormier brawl, promises review
An official from the Nevada State Athletic Commission today told MMAjunkie that a video review of the brawl between UFC light heavyweight champ Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier is expected to take place...
- Trujillo out, Pearson now faces Maynard
Lightweight prospect Abel Trujillo has been forced out of his August 16 bout against Ross Pearson due to injury, but Pearson will still compete on the UFC Fight Night card in Bangor, Maine against...
- Tim Sylvia erupts, goes nuts on Dana White: 'UFC is doing s--t just to piss me the f--k off!'
Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski is welcome back to the Octagon with open arms. Fellow ex-division kingpin Tim Sylvia is not. Link
- UFC brass: 'There are going to be ramifications' for Jones-Cormier brawl
LAS VEGAS – While Monday’s public dust-up between UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones (20-1 MMA, 14-1 UFC) and undefeated challenger Daniel Cormier (15-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) may very well have brought...
- Jon Jones addresses eye pokes: 'I never said I didn't think it was dirty. It's something I need to work on'
Link Jon Jones addressed some controversial issues with his fighting style, and he talked about eye pokes and oblique kicks to Cormier's knee.