- B.J. Penn retires following loss to Frankie Edgar at Ultimate Fighter Finale
B.J. Penn says that his legendary UFC career is over following his lopsided loss to Frankie Edgar at The Ultimate Fighter Finale. Link
- Pat Miletich inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame
One of the greats gets his due as former Welterweight (then called Lightweight) champ Pat Miletich was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame today. Link
- TUF 19 Finale bonuses: Issa pockets 100k
Leandro Issa won both a performance bonus and ‘Fight of the Night’ honours for his come-from-behind submission victory over Jumabieke Tuerxun. Link
- MMA legend Jens Pulver also confirms retirement
Prior to BJ Penn hanging up his gloves last night, his former opponent and fellow UFC legend Jens Pulver also confirmed his retirement this past weekend. Link
- Legacy Fighting Adds Two BJJ Stars
American Brazilian Jiu Jitsu standouts Rafael Lovato Jr and Justin Rader sign multiple fight deals with Legacy Fighting Championships. Link
- Dana White indicates Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes UFC title fight still will happen
LAS VEGAS – UFC featherweight champ Jose Aldo‘s injury won’t keep him from a rematch with No. 1 contender Chad Mendes (16-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) for long, UFC President Dana White said tonight following The...
- TUF 19 Finale draws reported 6,500 attendance for $835,000 live gate
Share this image:LAS VEGAS – Sunday night’s TUF 19 Finale event drew an announced attendance of 6,500 and a live gate of $835,000. Link
- Ben Askren crashes TUF 19 Finale, heckles 'fat' Johny Hendricks and 'bald' Dana White
Former Bellator welterweight champion and current ONE FC headliner, Ben Askren, was in town over Fourth of July Weekend and made a stop by The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 19 Finale, which took place on...
- Dana White denies rumor of TUF 20 cast member being kicked off show, but reveals 'a fight broke out the first day
The all-female strawweight cast of The Ultimate Fighter 20 hasn't been in Las Vegas more than a week and there are already reports of possible disciplinary action being dolled out. Link
- Chael Sonnen facing possible $250,000 fine in the wake of failed drug tests
Former UFC middleweight star, Chael Sonnen faces a variety of penalties including a huge fine. Link
- Frustrated Chris Camozzi says fans got cheated, wants to face Yoshihiro Akiyama
After Chris Camozzi (19-8 MMA, 6-5 UFC) was outwrestled for the better part of 15 minutes in a lackluster UFC 175 affair, the middleweight veteran says he’s hoping he can quickly book a return bout...
- UFC 175 salaries: Weidman ($450,000), Machida, Rousey, Faber top earners
LAS VEGAS – UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman, challenger Lyoto Machida, women’s bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey and Urijah Faber all earned six-figure paydays at UFC 175. Link
- TUF 19 Finale salaries: Frankie Edgar ($260K), Penn ($150K) earn top paydays
Frankie Edgar ($260,000) and B.J. Penn ($150,000) were the top earners at Sunday’s UFC event, The Ultimate Fighter 19 Finale. Link
- WSOF 11: Cody Bollinger 'done fighting at 135' after missing weight
Even if it costs him a division title shot. Link
- World Series of Fighting Cuts Ties with Dustin Holyko Over Criminal Record, Tattoos
World Series of Fighting on Monday severed ties with Dustin Holyko, a fighter with an extensive criminal record in the state of Florida. Link
- Berish Tears ACL And MCL In Submission Loss To Drysdale
Keith Berish was in the midst of making his UFC debut this past Sunday against Jiu-Jitsu ace Robert Drysdale when Berish blew out his knee while Drysdale had his back. Link
- Cat Zingano Hits 14 Second Flying Armbar In JiuJitsu Tournament
Zingano is 8-0 in her professional MMA career, and 1-0 in her UFC career with her win coming via TKO against Miesha Tate back in April of 2013 before undergoing knee surgery. When Zingano makes her...
- Peter Aerts vs Ernesto Hoost reported for October
Reports are in that kickboxing legends Peter Aerts and Ernesto Hoost will square off for the 6th time in their Hall of Fame careers this October in Japan. Full details here. Link
- TUF 19 Finale medical suspensions: Gordon, Berish draw possible six-month terms
A total of 11 fighters have been suspended following this past Sunday’s TUF 19 Finale. Link
- RFA 16 gets new co-main with Mercado-Klemme No. 1 contender bout at 135
RFA 16 has a new co-main event later this month, and the winner will fight for the bantamweight title. Link
- UFC 175 Medical Suspensions: Champs Chris Weidman, Ronda Rousey Require X-Rays
UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman came away from UFC 175 with belt intact, but he did not escape unscathed. Link
- Jungle Fight champion Jonas Bilharinho declines Bellator offer, wants UFC contract
Bellator tried to sign Jungle Fight bantamweight champion Jonas Bilharinho, but the undefeated prospect wasn’t interested in the offer. Link
- Henry Cejudo headlines Legacy FC 34 card in August
Olyimpic gold medalist Henry Cejudo takes on Bellator veteran Brian Hall at the main event of Legacy FC 34 card in Mississippi, and that’s his last chance of making weight for a flyweight bout. Link
- Tim Kennedy facing Yoel Romero at UFC 178
It looks like UFC 178 may have a co-main event featuring top tier middleweights. Link
- Urijah Faber vs. Kid Yamamoto could be headed for UFC Fight Night 52 in Japan
Urijah Faber still has his eyes set on a fight against Norifumi Yamamoto. Interestingly enough, Dana White revealed during a recent UFC Fight Night 52 press conference that he would love to book it...
- Bryan Caraway: 'There have been talks of Michael McDonald' for next UFC opponent
Now 4-1 as a UFC bantamweight, Bryan Caraway says he’s on the cusp of big things in his career. Link
- Cage Warriors locks up several standouts with new contracts
Cage Warriors has locked up several of its best fighters with new contracts, the promotion announced. Link
- UFC 176 has reportedly sold $800k in tickets
UFC 176 might not happen at this point, but ticket sales for the Staples Center hosted event have been strong. Link
- Ben Rothwell vs. Ruslan Magomedov targeted for late-summer event, possibly UFC 177
UFC heavyweight Ben Rothwell (33-9 MMA, 3-3 UFC) is set to resume his career following a one-year suspension and will fight Ruslan Magomedov (12-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC), according to a recent report. Link
- UFC 176 canceled after Jose Aldo’s injury
The UFC has decided to cancel an entire pay-per-view card after featherweight champion Jose Aldo was forced out of the main event with an injury. Link
- Alan Jouban vs. Seth Baczynski set for UFC Fight Night 47 in Maine
The UFC’s first trip to Maine next month has its latest addition, featuring a promotional newcomer. RFA veteran Alan Jouban (9-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC), a Louisianan who trains in California and has a second...
- Dominick Cruz set for return at UFC 178 vs. Takeya Mizugaki
We’ll try this one more time. It will be just shy of three years to the day, but Dominick Cruz once again has a date mapped out for his return. Cruz (19-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) is set to return in September...
- With UFC 176 scrapped, Green-Trujillo, Formiga-Makovsky go to UFC Fight Night 47
The shuffling has already started in the wake of the cancellation of next month’s UFC 176 pay-per-view, and a pair of lightweights will go from one corner of the country to the other for their fight,...
- Shayna Baszler vs. Bethe Correia moves from UFC 176 to UFC 177 in Sacramento
The loss of UFC 176 in Los Angeles will be to UFC 177's gain a few hundred miles north in Sacramento. A women’s bantamweight bout between Bethe Correia (8-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) and Shayna Baszler (15-8...
- Mousasi not aware that UFC 176 was canceled
Gegard Mousasi was not pleased to find out about the UFC 176 cancellation through social media. Link
- Ronda Rousey broke hand vs. Alexis Davis at UFC 175
Ronda Rousey put on her most dominant performance yet – and that might be saying something – against Alexis Davis this past Saturday night. Link
- One FC to Introduce $50K ‘One Warrior Bonus’ to Standout Performers
TAIPEI, Taiwan -- One FC “War of Dragons” is set for the NTU Sports Arena Friday and on Wednesday the organization’s CEO Victor Cui announced he would be implementing a bonus scheme which is...
- Trainer: 'I would never in a million years develop that new style' for BJ Penn
Jason Parillo says he's not the one to blame for "The Prodigy's" revamped stance and fight strategy against Frankie Edgar. Link
- Khabib Nurmagomedov uncertain about next opponent, expects the winner between Donald Cerrone and Jim Miller
Undefeated UFC lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov revealed that he is yet to get a call regarding his next fight, but that he expects it will be the winner of the Cerrone vs. Miller main event on July...
- UFC Brass was considering Rousey for UFC 176
While it may have been the "guy in the truck" who made the fatal flaw of prompting Joe Rogan to ask the question, he wasn't the one coming up with the idea. Link
- Eight fights already rescheduled from UFC 176 to other events
This is the current list of fights that have found a new home as of the 3 PM ET publish of this post: Ronaldo Souza vs. Gegard Mousasi - UFC Fight Night: Connecticut (September 5th) Bethe Correia vs....
- Neil Magny replaces Matt Dwyer, meets Alex Garcia at UFC Fight Night 49
The lone remaining bout on the UFC 176 dance card has been rescheduled, and it will feature a slightly different look. Link
- Chael Sonnen accepts responsibility, waives right to NSAC hearing
Chael Sonnen has taken responsibility for a pair of failed drug tests and said he won’t appeal the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s complaint against him. Link
- UFC Fight Night 43 drug tests come back clean
Drug tests from UFC Fight Night 43 have come back negative for performance-enhancers and drugs of abuse. Link
- Tim Kennedy asks NSAC to drug test Yoel Romero prior to UFC 178 showdown
But to be fair, he's willing to jump through the same hoops if it means "setting an example." Link
- Alistair Overeem vs. Ben Rothwell added to UFC FIght Night 50 in September
A heavyweight matchup between Alistair Overeem (37-13 MMA, 2-2 UFC) and Ben Rothwell (33-9 MMA, 3-3 UFC) is the latest addition to September’s UFC Fight Night 50 event. MMAjunkie confirmed the...
- Slugger showdown: Matt Mitrione vs. Derrick Lewis set for UFC Fight Night 50
UFC Fight Night 50 just got a whole lot more punchy. Heavyweights with proven knockout power will square off at the Sept. 5 card at Foxwoods Casino near Ledyard, Conn., when Matt Mitrione meets...
- Ed Soares: Anderson Silva ‘Ready to Go’
Lyoto Machida’s manager, Ed Soares, discusses the middleweight’s bout against Chris Weidman at UFC 175. Link
- One FC 18 Weigh-in Results: Kelly, Lisita Cleared for Featherweight Title Eliminator
TAIPEI, Taiwan -- A shot at reigning One Fighting Championship featherweight titleholder Koji Oishi will be on the line when Eric Kelly and Rob Lisita meet in the main event of One FC 18 “War of...
- UFC Star Rashad Evans Interested in WWE Deal
Add Rashad Evans to the list of UFC fighters who have recently inquired regarding going to WWE. Evans, who is almost 35, is recovering from major knee surgery and had talked about considering...