- UFC signs unbeaten Taiwanese Rocky Lee, Philippines and Korea targeted as next UFC destinations
UFC's Mark Fischer announced a bunch of news about the Asian side of things, and among the updates include the signing Tawanese prospect Rocky Lee. Link
- Officials told Jeremy Stephens to expect title shot with UFC Fight Night 44 win
Jeremy Stephens has been a member of the UFC roster since May 2007. He’s made 18 appearances inside the octagon to date, but only now has his time as a title contender arrived. Link
- Alexander Emelianenko potentially facing 4-6 years for sexual assault
Russian MMA heavyweight Alexander Emelianenko is facing a possible 4-6 year sentence for the rape of a 27-year-old woman several months ago. Link
- Yang Jianping vs. Ning Guangyou tourney final set for UFC Fight Night 48
“The Ultimate Fighter: China” featherweight tournament will finally get some resolution when the final takes place in August at UFC Fight Night 48. Link
- Titan FC 29, 30 get title bouts, plus Walel Watson-Anthony Gutierrez
Titan FC has dates and locations for its next two cards, and each of them will have title fights on the bill. Link
- UFC featherweight Tatsuya Kawajiri headed for surgery, pulled from active competition 'indefinitely'
Bad news for "Crusher" fans. Link
- Undefeated prospect Thomas Almeida signs with the UFC
Thomas Almeida got what he wanted. Link
- Bellator MMA cuts 19 fighters including Lima, Prindle, and Leone
But insists the releases were done prior to the hiring of former Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker. Link
- Bellator 120 pay-per-view replay slated for July 18 on Spike TV
If you missed Bellator MMA’s recent pay-per-view debut, you can watch a replay next month on Spike TV. Link
- Glory 17 ‘Los Angeles’ Averages 462,000 Viewers, Peaks at 862,000
Glory 17 “Los Angeles” averaged 462,000 viewers for its two-hour broadcast on Saturday night, according to an industry source. Link
- Hallman: Rousey is like ‘a 14-year-old boy trapped in a woman’s body’
Ronda Rousey is no stranger to the news, and while most news is related to her training, appearances, or talent in general, one too many stories involve anecdotes from coaches or fellow fighters...
- Yosdenis Cedeno vs. Leo Kuntz joins UFC Fight Night 45 lineup
Lightweight Yosdenis Cedeno (9-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) will welcome newcomer Leo Kuntz (17-1-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) to the promotion when they clash at UFC Fight Night 45. Link
- TUF: 'China' winner Zipeng Lhang vs. Brendan O’Reilly set for Macao
The pair face off on Aug. 23, 2014, live on Fight Pass. Link
- WSOF 10 destroys ratings record on Saturday night
The World Series of Fighting beat its previous record television audience record by 38 percent on Saturday night when 365,000 watched a show with three title fights on NBC Sports Network. Link
- Cruz eyeing August return, maybe Mizugaki fight
Former UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz is antivcipating an August return to the octagon and likes a potential match-up against Takeya Mizugaki. Link
- UFC forms partnership with Vale Tudo Japan
UFC and the crew behind Vale Tudo Japan and Shooto are cooperating to produce two tournaments for a Japanese TV show that will have the winners join the UFC ranks. Link
- UFC talks with Carano stall, Holm progressing
The UFC has been in negotiations with two huge Female MMA stars, and while reports state that Gina Carano talks have stalled, separate discussions with Holly Holm are progressing well. Link
- UFC signs Scott Askham
When they're not taking on late replacements, the UFC has done a great job picking up the best young talent on the market. Link
- UFC champ Ronda Rousey: 'I can beat any BJJ girl in the world, any weight division, gi or no gi'
Ronda Rousey says she can beat any BJJ girl in the world, regardless of rules or weight class. Link
- UFC vet Dan Henderson denies reported return to middleweight
Dan Henderson may eventually return to the middleweight division, but the UFC light heavyweight said it’s not a done deal. Link
- UFC Fight Night 52 adds Kyoji Horiguchi, Takanori Gomi, Yoshihiro Akiyama, others
September’s return to Japan, UFC Fight Night 52, will feature some local talent, officials today announced. Link
- Ronda Rousey taking a break from MMA after beating Alexis Davis at UFC 175
But cautions that her idea of a "break" is probably much different than Georges St. Pierre's. Link
- With three new additions, TUF 19 Finale lineup could be light on cast members
With the addition of three new bouts to the fight card, The Ultimate Fighter 19 Finale could feature a lineup that’s light on cast members. Link
- Whatever Happened To The UFC?
Excellent article on Deadspin today regarding the UFC's current direction. Whatever Happened To The UFC? by Tim Marchman Imagine if the NBA added 30 expansion teams over the next two years, and then...
- Brendan Schaub not happy with EA snub in new UFC game; calls out Frank Mir
UFC heavyweight, Brendan Schaub is not happy with EA Sports snub in new UFC game; also calls out Frank Mir. Link
- UFC co-headliner Kelvin Gastelum still on Dolce Diet, but without Mike Dolce
SAN ANTONIO – A tough weight cut added to the challenges welterweight Kelvin Gastelum faced both before and during his previous fight with Rick Story, but the winner of “The Ultimate Fighter 17?...
- UFC Fight Night 43 weigh-in results: Nate Marquardt, James Te Huna set for main event
AUCKLAND, New Zealand – MMAjunkie was on scene and reporting live from tonight’s UFC Fight Night 43 fighter weigh-ins, where all 20 competitors made weight for Saturday’s event. Link
- Jon Fitch Gets New Sponsor, Will Be First Fighter Paid With Digital Currency
When top welterweight fighter steps into the cage next month for The World Series of Fighting, he will be fighting for a new type of funds in Digital Currency. Link
- Sonnen fails second drug test due to HGH and EPO
Chael Sonnen tested positive for four banned substances earlier this month in a second random drug test administered by the Nevada Athletic Commission. Nevada Athletic Commission chairman Francisco...
- UFC Fight Night: Te Huna vs Marquardt post-fight bonuses – Marquardt, Oliveira win 50k
Nate Marquardt and Charles Oliveira won performance bonuses for their submission victories, while Gian Villante and Sean O'Connell won 'Fight of the Night' honours for their curtain jerker fight....
- UFN San Antonio bonuses: Swanson, Stephens win 50k
Cub Swanson and Jeremy Stephens earned "Fight of the Night" honours for their five-round main event battle, while Carlos Diego Ferreira and Ray Borg both won performance bonuses for their submission...
- Korean Zombie calls out Swanson
Shortly after Cub Swanson's win over Jeremy Stephens, Chan Sung Jung calls him out for a potential bout that guarantees fireworks. Link
- Mike Goldberg criticized for 'Fueling the American stereotype of being completely ignorant' of other countries
During the recent UFC broadcast from New Zealand, Mike Goldberg botched Jonah Lomu's name and sport in a moment that Australian media have said fuels the American stereotype of ignorance toward other...
- After latest win, Cezar Ferreira still wants a rematch with C.B. Dollaway
SAN ANTONIO – After outpointing Andrew Craig on Saturday at UFC Fight Night 44, Cezar Ferreira still wants a rematch with the last man to beat him in the octagon. Link
- Kelvin Gastelum might go back to Mike Dolce after missing weight at UFC Fight Night 44
SAN ANTONIO – UFC welterweight Kelvin Gastelum thought he had things under control with his weight, but he now admits he may need help once more. Link
- UFC releases statement on Chael Sonnen's second failed drug test
SAN ANTONIO – In the wake of news announcing another failed drug test for three-time title challenger Chael Sonnen, the UFC released a statement largely mirroring its previous responses to...
- Pat Miletich will be the next UFC Hall of Fame inductee
Former champion Pat Miletich will be the next inductee into the UFC Hall of Fame. Link
- UFC Fight Night 44 draws reported 9,227 attendance for $728,358 live gate
SAN ANTONIO – Saturday night’s UFC Fight Night 44 event drew an announced attendance of 9,227 and a live gate of $728,358. Link
- Ex-UFC fighter Thiago Silva set to return to MMA on August 29th
Howard Davis' Fight Time Promotions in Florida has picked up former UFC light heavyweight Thiago Silva. Link
- Myles Jury accepts fight against Nate Diaz ... who won't answer the phone
Surging Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight prospect Myles Jury has been offered a fight against former division number one contender Nate Diaz, a 155-pound showdown he gladly accepts....
- July 11's 'ONE FC 18: War of Dragons' card finalized with 10 bouts
Share this image:The fight card is set for next month’s “ONE FC 18: War of Dragons” event, which marks the promotion’s debut in Taiwan. Link
- Silva says he would fight Diaz, not Weidman again
"The Spider" has no desire to complete a trilogy against the UFC middleweight champion but would accept a fight with Nick Diaz. Link
- Female BJJ Champions respond to Ronda Rousey: 'Talk is cheap when you never show up'
Ronda Rousey claimed she can beat any BJJ females regardless of weight class, now several of these jiujitsu champions respond and want to take her up on that challenge. Link
- "Showtime” inks deal with Reebok
UFC lightweight champion Anthony “Showtime” Pettis may not be fighting until January of 2015, but that hasn’t stopped him from doing some big deals outside of the cage. Link
- Legacy FC signs Brazilian standout Leonardo Leite for fall debut
Legacy Fighting Championship has added to its roster with a highly regarded judoka and Brazilian jiu-jitsu champion expected to debut with the promotion this fall. Link
- UFC Fight Night 46 lineup finalized – and more tickets available for Dublin event
The lineup is set for next month’s UFC Fight Night 46 event, and if you’re near Ireland and want to check it out live, you’ll have one final chance to purchase tickets. Link
- Aaron Phillips, Matt Hobar to Clash at UFC Fight Night ‘Henderson vs. dos Anjos’
The Ultimate Fighting Championship’s Aug. 23 visit to Oklahoma continues to fill out, as Aaron Phillips will take on Matt Hobar in a bantamweight bout. Link
- Manvil Drops To 135, Eyes Caraway Clash In Japan
It looks like the Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate rivalry has a trickle down effect, as Manny Gamburyan -- Rousey's training partner -- wants to get his hands on Bryan Caraway -- Tate's boyfriend -- in...
- UFC Fight Night 43 Medical Suspensions
Earlier today, the UFC released the suspension information to mixedmartialarts.com for last weekend’s “UFC Fight Night 43? event in Auckland, New Zealand. Link
- UFC and Fox terminate relationship with Chael Sonnen following second failed drug test in 2014
Fox and the UFC are done with Chael Sonnen after the former title challenger tested positive for banned substances for a second time this year alone. Link