- Following NBC reveal, WSOF, IMG announce new broadcast deals in Asia, Europe
The Las Vegas-based World Series of Fighting promotion recently revealed its July 5 event would air on network television in the U.S. Now the promotion has announced additional global expansion, as...
- TUF: 'Brazil 3' Finale ratings for UFC on FOX Sports 1 event start strong but finish weak
The preliminary card did good ratings for a "Prelims" show. Unfortunately, so did the main card. Link
- Mousasi and Kennedy engage in twitter beef.
Top UFC middleweight fighter’s Gegard Mousasi & Tim Kennedy have engaged in twitter beef. The two Strikeforce imports are both trying to climb the same ladder and there doesn’t appear to be any love...
- Penn brings in Cruz ahead of Edgar bout
With his return to Mixed Martial Arts action just around the corner, BJ ‘The Prodigy’ Penn has brought in, former UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz, to help him prepare for his July 6 bout...
- Nick Diaz willing to fight Anderson Silva if the money is right
Semi-retired UFC welterweight Nick Diaz reveals that he is willing to fight Anderson Silva next year for the right amount of money. Link
- Daniel Cormier prepared to delay knee surgery for a title shot
UFC light-heavyweight competitor Daniel Cormier revealed that he is willing to delay his knee surgery if it would mean he was next in line for a title shot. Link
- Two Broken Jaws May Send Wineland Into Retirement
Wineland is scheduled to have the wire removed from his jaw on Friday (June 6, 2014) after nearly a month of being unable to eat solid food. Link
- Phil Baroni vs. Karo Parisyan is in the works for Bellator 122
According to sources close to BJPENN.com, a bout featuring MMA veterans Phil Baroni and Karo Parisyan is in the works for July’s Bellator 122 event in Temecula, California. Link
- Zingano is eyeing return against Amanda Nunes
Extremely good news for all of the Cat Zingano fans of the world: the latest news is that Zingano is eyeing a UFC return in September. Link
- Bellator 121 weigh-in results: Four main-card matchups set with no issue
MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET) -Austen Heidlage (205.7) vs. Philipe Lins (205.7) – light heavyweight tournament opening round -James Thompson (260.3) vs. Eric Prindle (264.8) -Rameau Thierry...
- Ali Bagautinov denies reported drug test failure and suspension
Reports of Ali Bagautinov's failed drug test just became a little murkier, as the athlete has issued a full stop denial of the initial report. Link
- Diego Sanchez, Mike Winkeljohn Renew Relationship Ahead of UFC Fight Night
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Diego Sanchez is saying all the right things as he heads into his UFC Fight Night clash against Ross Pearson on Saturday night. Link
- Robert Drysdale vs. Keith Berish booked for UFC TUF 19 Finale on July 6 in Las Vegas
Third time the charm? Link
- Chael Sonnen named Brand Ambassador in 'Knockout' partnership between UFC and TOPPS
In addition, TOPPS will issue a special "Golden Ticket" promotion. Link
- No Retirement For Shogun, Wants On Upcoming Japan Card
Following his most recent defeat, former UFC light-heavyweight champion Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua has decided to fight on and not retire. Link
- Jones vs. Gustaffson 2: The Rematch is Set
In an exclusive interview with UFC President Dana White and UFC light heavyweight Jon Jones, it was announced that the rematch between Jones and number one contender Alexander Gustafsson has been set...
- Invicta FC Signs Multi Year Deal to Air Events on UFC Fight Pass
The UFC has signed a multi-event, multi year deal with Invicta Fighting Championships -- the premiere all-women's MMA promotion -- to air shows and previous content on Fight Pass, the UFC's online...
- Diego Sanchez wants to fight 'cry baby' Nate Diaz
In this video interview Diego Sanchez talks about his upcoming bout with Ross Pearson plus who he'd like to fight next. Link
- Chael Sonnen says that his win against Mauricio 'Shogun' was by a lucky move
Sonnen said that "Shogun" was too nice to say bad things and "The American Gangster" feels that he got lucky on the victory against the Brazilian. Link
- Vitor Belfort admits elevated testosterone found in NSAC random test
Four months after being removed from a May title fight with middleweight champion Chris Weidman, Vitor Belfort today revealed a random drug test earlier this year found elevated levels of...
- Cage Warriors 69 weigh-in results: Lightweight, middleweight title fights official
With massive 60 percent purse penalties on the line for fighters who missed weight, several fighters dodged bullets for Saturday’s Cage Warriors 69. Link
- UFC Reaches Official Partnership Agreement with USA Judo
In an effort to expose a whole new audience to the sport of judo, the Ultimate Fighting Championship and USA Judo have reached a one-year renewable agreement. Link
- UFC Fight Night Dublin sells out immediately
The July 19 event, headlined by Ireland's own Conor McGregor and Diego Brandao, took just a matter of hours to be completely sold out. Link
- Robertson replaces injured Ponzinibbio at UFC 175
Santiago Ponzinibbio, forced out of the card with a knee injury, will be replaced by Kenny Robertson, who now meets Ildemar Alcantara on July 5 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Link
- Vitor Belfort releases test results showing spike, plummet following NSAC fail
A sequence of lab results that UFC middleweight Vitor Belfort released today reveal the fighter’s spike in testosterone at the time of a random drug test and a subsequent fall in hormone levels as he...
- UFC Fight Night 42 weigh-in results: Henderson (155.5), Khabilov (156) on mark
MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET) -Benson Henderson (155.5) vs. Rustam Khabilov (156) -Ross Pearson (155.5) vs. Diego Sanchez (155) -John Dodson (125) vs. John Moraga (126) -Rafael dos Anjos (156)...
- Derek Brunson vs. Lorenz Larkin targeted for UFC 176 in Los Angeles
Middleweights Derek Brunson (11-3 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and Lorenz Larkin (14-3 MMA, 1-3 UFC) are headed to Los Angeles for UFC 176, sources close to the promotion told MMAjunkie. Link
- Walmir Lazaro vs. James Vick booked for UFC 176 in Los Angeles
Another Nova Uniao-based Brazilian has signed with the UFC, and he’ll make his debut with the promotion in August. Link
- RFA 15 results: 'King' Casey claims title, Jouban edges Legere in thriller
Kevin Casey (8-3) is no longer just a “King.” He’s also the RFA middleweight champion. Link
- Bellator 121 results: Lins, Thompson and Sokoudjou earn first-round wins
The headliner of tonight’s Bellator 121 event, which kicked off the organization’s 2014 “Summer Series” schedule, proved a rather quick and one-sided affair. Link
- Jason High apologizes for shoving referee
Jason High took to Twitter to apologize for his actions against the ref after his loss to Rafael dos Anjos at UFC Fight Night 42 on Saturday night. Link
- UFC Fight Night 42 bonuses: Henderson, Hallmann among award winners
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – Benson Henderson, Piotr Hallmann, Scott Jorgensen and Danny Martinez each earned $50,000 for their performances at Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 42 event. Link
- UFC Fight Night 42 draws announced attendance of 8,775 for $698K live gate
Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 42 event at Tingley Coliseum in Albuquerque, N.M., drew an announced attendance of 8,775 and a live gate of $697,901. UFC Senior Director of Public Relations Dave Sholler...
- Pettis & Khabib Beef on Twitter
UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis and rising star Khabib Nurmagomedov had a twitter beef. Link
- Saturday's UFC 174 prelims move to FX from normal home with FOX Sports
The televised prelims for Saturday’s UFC 174 won’t air on their normal FOX Sports 1 home. They won’t see time on their FOX Sports 2 backup, either. Link
- Sanchez-Pearson decision might be worst in MMA history, and that's saying something
We knew there was something in the air way up there in Albuquerque, N.M. What we didn’t know is that there’s also apparently something in the water. We’re not talking the usual American tap water...
- John Moraga's Nose Needed Four Stitches, But Is Not Broken
UFC flyweight contender John Moraga managed to escape serious injury following a technical knockout loss to John Dodson at the UFC Fight Night 42 event last Sat. night (June 7, 2014) in Albuquerque,...
- Manager: Diego Sanchez, beneficiary of 'retarded' judges, not important enough to warrant response from Nate Diaz
MMAmania.com spoke with Mike Kogan to get a response regarding Diego Sanchez calling out his client, Nate Diaz, after "The Nightmare's" controversial split-decision victory over Ross Pearson at UFC...
- Bryan Caraway says he apologized for the fish hook of Erik Perez
UFC bantamweight Bryan Caraway defeated Erik 'Goyito' Perez on Saturday night at UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Khabilov, but controversy erupted afterwards when it was discovered he fish hooked...
- UFC heavyweight Geronimo dos Santos still awaiting medical clearance after hepatitis B treatment
Where is Geronimo dos Santos? The Brazilian heavyweight signed with the UFC in 2012, and was set to make his promotional debut at UFC 153 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, against former title contender...
- Jury injured, Trujillo pulled from UFN San Antonio
Top 10 ranked lightweight Myles Jury is out of his June 28th meeting with Abel Trujillo, which has forced the UFC to do some re-shuffling of their San Antonio card. Link
- Ross Pearson appeals UFC Fight Night 42 loss to Diego Sanchez
Following his split-decision loss to Diego Sanchez, Ross Pearson has lodged an appeal with the New Mexico Athletic Commission. Link
- Smealinho Rama signs with WSOF Canada, eyeing eventual WSOF heavyweight title
Highly regarded heavyweight Smealinho Rama has signed a new deal with WSOF less than six months after debuting with the promotion’s Canadian branch. Link
- AXS TV Fights set for historic 250th card with Lion Fight 16 in Las Vegas
AXS TV Fights will celebrate a milestone during one of the biggest fight weeks of the year next month. Link
- 'ONE FC 18: War of Dragons' set for July 11 debut in Taiwan
ONE FC will take its show to Taiwan for the first time next month for “ONE FC 18: War of Dragons.” Link
- Mark Munoz no longer under UFC contract, removed from official rankings
"The Filipino Wrecking Machine" is currently negotiating a new deal but until then, is no longer eligible to be ranked. Link
- UFC covers funeral costs for the Green's brother
Say what you want about the UFC brass, but they seem to always come through when they’re needed. Link
- Pearson's cornerman claims Jackson fighters weren't tested in New Mexico
Controversy is brewing in the wake of a bad judging call in the fight between Ross Pearson and Diego Sanchez, and it looks like it may be spreading to the card as a whole. Link
- Bobby Green vs. Abel Trujillo set for UFC 176 in Los Angeles
The UFC’s return to the City of Angels in August has a new lightweight fight on tap. Link
- Legacy FC signs undefeated Brazilians Bruno Ferreira, Pedro Souza, Bruno Viana
The Texas-based Legacy FC has signed a trio of undefeated Brazilian fighters to its roster, as Bruno Ferreira (8-0), Pedro Souza (11-0) and Bruno Viana (7-0) have all signed multi-fight deals with...