- UFC 173 weigh-in results: Barao, Dillashaw official for title fight
LAS VEGAS – The UFC 173 fighter weigh-ins are in the books, and all 26 fighters on the card hit their marks for Saturday’s event. Link
- Renan Barao and Dana White disagree on what could be preventing Barao from connecting with fans
UFC bantamweight champion Renan Barao feels 'learning English is very necessary' for him to completely connect with fans. UFC president Dana White doesn't agree. Link
- White: Zingano won’t face Rousey upon return
UFC President Dana White suggests that while Cat Zingano is the division’s No. 1 contender, she may need to take on another fight before facing the champ. Link
- UFC 173 results: T.J. Dillashaw destroys Renan Barao to win title
Link LAS VEGAS – With massive odds against him, T.J. Dillashaw not only defied them, but he made them look like they were inadvertently reversed. Dillashaw dominated bantamweight champion Renan...
- UFC 173 bonuses: T.J. Dillashaw doubles up to win $100,000
LAS VEGAS – T.J. Dillashaw, Renan Barao and Mitch Clarke each earned $50,000 bonuses at Saturday’s UFC 173 event, and Dillashaw doubled up for $100,000. Link
- TJ Dillashaw to remain at Team Alpha Male but will ‘cross train’ with Duane Ludwig during his fight camps
Following his title win at UFC 173, TJ Dillashaw revealed that he will continue to ‘cross-train’ with Duane Ludwig while at Team Alpha Male. Link
- Le vs. Bisping to headline August card in Macau
Cung Le will make his return on August 23rd to meet Michael Bisping in the main event of a UFC Fight Night event in Macau, China on August 23rd. Link
- Nate Diaz says UFC told him to 'keep it quiet' that Jake Ellenberger turned down a fight
Nate Diaz tweets that the UFC told him not to talk about Jake Ellenberger turning down a fight with him two months ago. Link
- Jamie Varner breaks two bones in foot, tears ligaments in UFC 173 loss
UFC lightweight Jamie Varner broke two bones in his foot and tore ligaments during a TKO loss to James Krause on the pay-per-view main card of Saturday’s UFC 173. Link
- Dana White on Jamie Varner's corner: 'I would've thrown in the towel'
UFC President Dana White admits that it was tough and uncomfortable to watch Saturday’s UFC 173 pay-per-view opener between lightweights James Krause and Jamie Varner. Link
- UFC 173 draws 11,036 attendance for $1.7 million live gate
LAS VEGAS – Saturday’s UFC 173 event at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas drew an announced attendance of 11,036 and a live gate of $1.7 million. Link
- Raphael Assuncao says he can train to fight new champ Dillashaw in eight weeks
LAS VEGAS – UFC bantamweight Raphael Assuncao said he was supposed to be in the cage with Renan Barao at Saturday’s UFC 173, but a rib injury forced him to heal up before getting a title shot. Link
- Dana White proclaims Robbie Lawler as the frontrunner for the next welterweight title shot
Robbie Lawler's dominant performance, complete with a ref stoppage finish in the third round over Jake Ellenberger at UFC 173, has made him the frontrunner for the next welterweight title match. Link
- Floyd Mayweather and rapper T.I. brawl at Las Vegas’ Fatburger
Undefeated boxing star Floyd Mayweather and rapper T.I. got into a brawl at Fatburger in Las Vegas. Link
- UFC signs Rob Font
A newcomer to the UFC's bantamweight division, Rob Font is expected to make his debut at UFC 175. Link
- BJ Penn at 145lb for Edgar fight only
Former UFC two-division champion BJ Penn revealed at the UFC 175 ticket sale press conference that he was only interested in dropping to featherweight to face Edgar. Link
- Pederneiras: Let’s see if TJ Dillashaw is man enough to fight Renan Barao in Brazil
Nova Uniao head coach Andre Pederneiras stated that he believes an immediate rematch for Renan Barao is “fair,” and it would be “ideal” if they did it in Brazil. Link
- T.J. Dillashaw not interested in fight with Urijah Faber, White wants Faber's opinion on topic
While T.J. Dillashaw stated that he has no interest in fighting training partner Urijah Faber, UFC president Dana White left the topic open for Faber to decide. Link
- 'Bang' Ludwig: I'd corner new UFC champ Dillashaw in fight against Urijah Faber
Duane Ludwig will continue to coach members of Team Alpha Male, even though he doesn’t have any immediate commitments to do so following T.J. Dillashaw’s milestone victory. Link
- UFC sees delays in arrival in Philippines, Russia
The UFC’s rapid international expansion has hit a snag in at least two countries, according to UFC President Dana White. Link
- Full Lineup Announced for Saturday’s ‘TUF Brazil 3’ Finale
The full lineup for “The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil” Season 3 Finale is now finalized. Link
- Kron Gracie set to make MMA debut on Real Fight Championship in Japan
BJJ champ Kron Gracie has signed with Real Fight and is set to make his MMA debut later this year. Link
- UFC champ Jose Aldo says that he feels devalued with his income
The UFC featherweight titleholder stated that he doesn't know what he should do to raise his salary and feels that top fighters of lower divisions aren't being fairly paid in the UFC. Link
- Bellator 120 PPV buys estimated at 65,000 for 'Rampage vs. King Mo'
Don't laugh, That's actually a pretty good number, all things considered. Link
- WSOF Extends Deal with NBC Sports Group, Makes Network TV Debut on July 5
WSOF officials Tuesday announced that the organization has extended its ongoing agreement with NBC Sports Group through 2017 and will make its network TV debut on July 5, when WSOF 11 “Gaethje vs....
- Matt Brown vs. Robbie Lawler headlines UFC on FOX 12 in San Jose
Link Two of the sport’s most entertaining and highest-ranked welterweights will headline the UFC’s next network-televised event. UFC President Dana White today announced that recent winners Matt...
- Satoshi Ishii announces fight with Mirko Cro Cop on August 23rd
It's a rare day when a fight announcement outside the walls of the UFC and Bellator permeates the ether around Bloody Elbow, but Satoshi Ishii vs. Mirko Filipovic promises to be an interesting scrap....
- Germaine de Randamie out at UFC 174, promotion seeks replacement for Dudieva
The UFC’s return to Canada next month for UFC 174 will see a lineup change on the preliminary card. Link
- UFC 173 payouts and salaries: Robbie Lawler makes (and breaks) bank with 'Ruthless' $200k payday
UFC 173 is in the books and payouts and salaries are in the checkbooks. Here's a complete list of last Saturday night's (May 24, 2014) earnings for all the fighters competing at the "Barao vs....
- New UFC background checks ask fighters for criminal history, release of medical records
It appears the UFC is trying to avoid future surprises with fighters’ pasts. Link
- Ryan LaFlare out, Zak Cummings now fights Gunnar Nelson at UFC Fight Night in Dublin
With Ryan LaFlare out, welterweight Zak Cummings steps into the UFC Fight Night Dublin co-main event slot against Gunnar Nelson. Link
- Rich Franklin accepts VP position with One FC
Former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin has officially accepted the position of Vice President of ONE FC. Link
- MacDonald-Woodley winner may need to fight Lombard-Kim winner for title shot
The road to a UFC welterweight title shot may have gotten a bit longer for UFC 174's Rory MacDonald vs. Tyron Woodley winner. Link
- Joe Proctor vs. Justin Salas joins UFC Fight Night 45 lineup
Lightweights Joe Proctor (9-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and Justin Salas (12-5 MMA, 3-2 UFC) have been booked for a fight at UFC Fight Night 45. Link
- Ian Entwistle vs. Daniel Hooker booked for UFC Fight Night 43 in New Zealand
A pair of UFC featherweight newcomers will meet when the promotion makes its debut in New Zealand next month. Link
- Vitor Belfort calls Jon Jones, will train with UFC champ this Friday in Miami
Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Vitor Belfort will once again face off against reigning 205-pound kingpin Jon Jones, but this time it won't be inside the...
- Eddie Alvarez to Will Brooks: I want to fight you ‘because I think you’re the easier guy, and I’m trying to get out of here easier’
In theory, Bellator lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez's next (and likely final) fight for the promotion, seems to be a foregone conclusion. When recent tourney winner Will Brooks seized a surprising...
- Police open investigation into church featured in Fight Church documentary following sex abuse allegations
Following Bloody Elbow's report of sex abuse allegations against Victory Church and pastor Paul Burress, featured in the MMA documentary Fight Church, an official police investigation has been...
- Norman Parke meets Naoyuki Kotani at UFC Fight Night 46 in Dublin
Norman Parke won’t have to travel too far for his next assignment. Link
- Silva injured, Magny faces Monstro
An injury to Claudio Silva has brought a new welterweight signing from the ranks of Jungle Fight. Current Jungle Fight Welterweight champion Rodrigo Goiana de Lima. Link
- Bellator 120 clears 100k PPV buys.
Viacom-owned Bellator MMA pushed north of 100,000 buys for their May 17 card, according to industry sources with information regarding the promotion’s debut foray into the pay-per-view business. LINK
- UFC 173 medical suspensions: Ellenberger among eight facing long terms
Recent welterweight contender Jake Ellenberger is among the fighter facing lengthy layoffs following UFC 173. Link
- Chael Sonnen: Wanderlei Silva 'literally ran away from drug test'
With the Wednesday report from the Brazilian outlet Combate that Wanderlei Silva was out of his UFC 175 grudge fight with Chael Sonnen -- and would therefore be replaced by Vitor Belfort -- people...
- James Irvin-Brennan Ward set for Bellator 123 Season 11 opener on Sept. 5
Bellator MMA will open its fall season in September when it returns to Connecticut for Bellator 123. Link
- Dominick Cruz begins sparring, timetable for return in the '2-4 month' range
While the UFC bantamweight division was completely turned upside down on Saturday night when T.J. Dillashaw dethroned champion Renan Barao, Dominick Cruz -- the weight's original champion -- is once...
- Daniel Cormier troubled by LCL and ACL issues, may require surgery
Ariel Helwani revealed on UFC Tonight that Daniel Cormier had injured his LCL ahead of UFC 173 and may even require surgery on his ACL, which has troubled him for a while. Link
- ONE FC 16 weigh-in results: Ben Askren, Bakhtiyar Abbasov make weight
Welterweight headliners Ben Askren (169.5 pounds) and Bakhtiyar Abbasov (170) officially made weight for their headliner at Saturday’s “ONE FC 16: Honor & Glory” event. Link
- Vitor Belfort: I am not training with UFC champ Jon Jones
At first, it appeared UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and ex-titleholder Vitor Belfort were going to do a tried-and-true endeavor for former foes: train together. Link
- Eddie Ng will never fight One FC champion Shinya Aoki
Eddie Ng will be 5-0 under the One FC banner if he beats Vincent Latoel on May 30 in Singapore, but unlike most MMA fighters, he won’t ask for a shot at the championship next. Link
- With suspension almost served, 'Bigfoot' Silva eyeing a fight with Josh Barnett
As of September 7, it will have been nine months since Antonio Silva and Mark Hunt put on one of the most memorable heavyweight fights in UFC history. That December 7 clash -- which fittingly ended...