- Ratings Report: Jones, Rousey Receiving Surprisingly Lower PPV Numbers in 2014
The UFC is filled with big stars and talented fighters. For two decades, the organization has featured the best in the business and introduced hundreds of talented mixed martial artists to the...
- Bellator 119 results: Weichel tops Green
Daniel Weichel is the Bellator featherweight tournament champ after submitting Des Green in the first round. Link
- MFC 40 results: Alvey survives scare, finishes Swofford in fourth
“Smilin” Sam Alvey (22-5) survived an early barrage from a tough Wes Swofford (9-5) and rallied back for a one-punch finish to retain the MFC middleweight title. Link
- Alvarez injured, out of Bellator PPV
Literally one week before Bellator's PPV debut, lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez will not be able to compete in the main event against Michael Chandler. Link
- UFN bonuses: Matt Brown wins 100k
"The Immortal" stole the show and earned both 'Fight of the Night' honours and a performance bonus for his efforts against Erick Silva. Link
- Erick Silva leaves octagon on a stretcher following thrilling main event against Matt Brown
Erick Silva took a severe beating from Matt Brown in the main event of UFC Fight Night Cincinnati, and was later sent to the hospital on a stretcher. Link
- Erick Silva given 'clean bill of health'
Following his loss to Matt Brown on Saturday night night, Erick Silva left the Octagon on a stretcher and headed to a Cincinnati hospital to be checked for a possible broken jaw and a concussion....
- Philippou considered quitting MMA before UFC Fight Night 40 win
CINCINNATI – After a five-fight winning streak that had him being talked about for title contention in the UFC’s middleweight division, Constantinos Philippou hit what he thought was rock bottom....
- UFC Fight Night 40 draws reported 6,143 attendance for $415K live gate
CINCINNATI – Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 40 event, which took place at Cincinnati’s U.S. Bank Arena, drew an announced attendance of 6,143 and a live gate of $415,000. Link
- Brock Lesnar Called Dana White and Begged Him to Help Convince Pat Barry to Retire
After retiring from mixed martial arts, former UFC fighter Pat Barry returned to his kickboxing roots to fight for the Glory World Series. Link
- Dana White on Matt Brown’s next fight: ‘We’re going to give him something big, something fun’
UFC President Dana White suggested that while Matt Brown is not in line for the next title shot, he will certainly get "something big" in his next fight. Link
- Sylvia Gets Spot on Maine Card, Fights Morecraft
"The Maine-iac" is going to be fighting in "Vacationland" in just a few months, but it won't be for UFC. Link
- Coach: Erick Silva not concussed, jaw not broken
Some bruises and stitches, and that’s it. Link
- Bellator PPV: Rampage vs. King Mo New Main Event, Chandler vs. Brooks for Lightweight Interim Title
The PPV is on! Bellator confirmed through Twitter that Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson and ‘King Mo’ Muhammed Lawal will main event Bellator 120 next Saturday. Link
- Spike TV president: Bellator's future not hanging in balance on pay-per-view
Bellator MMA’s second first attempt at the pay-per-view market took a big hit on Saturday when it lost its main event. Link
- Titan FC's Kalib Starnes sick and tired of opponents turning him down
Six years ago, the thought of Kalib Starnes fighting Dave Herman would be ridiculous. Starnes was a middleweight, Herman was a heavyweight, and no athletic commission would sanction them. Link
- Aguilar-Fujino, Griffin-‘Buscape,’ Palmer-Lobosco Confirmed for WSOF 10
World Series of Fighting has finalized three new bouts to round out the company’s June event. Link
- UFC Fight Night 40 salaries: Matt Brown leads $680,000 payroll
Main-event winner Matt Brown was the top earner at this past weekend’s UFC Fight Night 40 event, where he netted an $82,000 disclosed payday. Link
- Erick Silva, Matt Brown suspended indefinitely following UFC Fight Night 40 headliner
The barnburner that was UFC Fight Night 40's headliner left both of its participants suspended indefinitely. Link
- Chris Cariaso calls for McCall-Pickett winner after UFC Fight Night 40
Flyweight Chris Cariaso (17-5 MMA, 6-4 UFC) now enjoys three straight wins in the UFC after a split call over up-and-comer Louis Smolka (7-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) at this past Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 40....
- Travis Browne warns Alistair Overeem: Be a part of the team, or get the hell out of Jackson's MMA
"Hapa" says "The Reem" deserves the chance for a new start with a different MMA camp, but he warns the striking Dutchman that the things he used to get away with over at the Blackzilians camp are not...
- Brown-Rogers, Allen-Wrzosek, Kelly-Hughes added to Cage Warriors 69
Three more fights have been added to Cage Warriors’ giant double-bill next month. Link
- Eddie Alvarez laughs at Michael Chandler fighting for 'sh**ty belt' that 'means nothing'
Bellator Lightweight champ Eddie Alvarez was a guest on The MMA Hour yesterday and he mocked rival Michael Chandler as well as discussing the head injury that forced him to withdraw from their...
- Rampage Jackson doesn’t want to challenge Emanuel Newton for the title, says ‘I really don’t care for the belt’
Rampage reveals that he is not interested in taking the title from Emanuel Newton. Link
- UFC welterweight Erick Silva seeks stateside training to fix 'flaws'
Perhaps a change of scenery will do him some good. Link
- Despite interest in Roy Jones Jr. boxing match, Chris Lytle says there is no chance of an MMA comeback
Sorry, fight fans, but when Chris Lytle turned the "Lights Out" on his MMA career, it was for good. Link
- Nate Jolly vs. Marcin Held is a late addition to Saturday's Bellator 120 card
Although he lost his original opponent just a week before the show, Nate Jolly will remain on Saturday’s Bellator 120 lineup. Link
- Bellator champ Eddie Alvarez apologizes for criticism of interim title
Hey, look at that: An MMA fighter said something he regretted, and rather than claiming he was hacked or that his comments were taken out of context, he instead offered an apology. Link
- Ref Stops Fight with Rear Naked Choke
go ref! linky pie
- Anthony Perosh out at UFC Fight Night 43, Gian Villante now meets Sean O'Connell
Injury has forced Australian Anthony Perosh (14-8 MMA, 4-5 UFC) out of next month’s UFC Fight Night 43 event. In his place steps fellow light heavyweight Sean O’Connell (15-5 MMA, 0-1 UFC), who now...
- Post-TRT, Chael Sonnen and Dan Henderson licensed to fight in Nevada
Former training partners and UFC fighters Chael Sonnen and Dan Henderson were green-lighted by Nevada’s athletic commission for upcoming fights. Link
- Herb Dean set as ref for UFC 173 main event between Barao, Dillashaw
Veteran referee Herb Dean will officiate next week’s UFC 173 main event bantamweight title fight between champion Renan Barao and top contender T.J. Dillashaw. Link
- For fifth straight year, New York Senate approves MMA bill
Yet again, the fate of MMA in New York rests with the state’s assembly. Link
- White picks Renan Barao over Jose Aldo for No. 2 spot on pound-for-pound lists
It’s no great surprise that Dana White’s pound-for-pound list is different than the UFC’s media-generated rankings, but the UFC president’s choice for the No. 2 spot might surprise some. Link
- Dana White explains Andrei Arlovski's return and why Tim Sylvia won't be back
The UFC's first event in Maine later this year has led to some discussion about Tim Sylvia returning to the UFC, but Dana White quickly shot that down. Link
- Bas Rutten: Jon Jones is a dirty fighter
Former UFC heavyweight champion Bas Rutten pulled no punches on Inside MMA, as he stated that he believes Jon Jones is a dirty fighter. Link
- UFC 172 medical suspensions: Lots of indefinite terms
A gaggle of UFC 172 fighters need clearance from a doctor before they can return to training. Link
- Palelei vs. Rosholt in Auckland
Australian heavyweight Soa Palelei will meet American Jared Rosholt in the latest bout to be added to UFC Fight Night Auckland: Te Huna v Marquardt at Vector Arena next month. Link
- Rampage Confirms ‘Mayhem’ Miller’s Return To MMA
In a recent interview with MMAFighting.com, Rampage Jackson broke news that Mayhem Miller wants to return to fighting. Link
- Sex abuse allegations dog Fight Church pastor
Paul Burress and Victory Church, focal points of the Christian MMA documentary Fight Church, have long been at the center of some sordid sex abuse allegations. Link
- Urijah Faber and Alex Caceres appear ready for a UFC fight
A fight between Urijah Faber and Alex Caceres? The UFC fighters seem open to the idea. Link
- UFC signs Canadian lightweight Jason Saggo
A new Canadian lightweight looks to be making his UFC debut on the upcoming Vancouver pay-per-view card on June 14th. Link
- The Ultimate Fighter (TUF): 'Latin America' cast revealed for 'Velasquez vs. Werdum'
TUF: "Latin America" premieres in August. Link
- Urijah Faber to clash with Alex Caceres at UFC 175 in Las Vegas
he'll be taking on one of the division's hotter fighters in Alex Cacares. They will square off at UFC 175 on July 5 in Las Vegas as part of the pay-per-view's main card. ESPN.com's Brett Okamoto...
- RFA 15 fight card finalized, Kevin Casey vs. Andrew Sanchez for middleweight belt
The fight card is set for next month’s RFA 15 event, which features a championship headliner. Link
- Jacare Souza Ready for UFC Return, Wants Title Shot or Vitor Belfort
Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza is ready to return to the Octagon, and he wants a title shot in his comeback. And if he can’t get that, Souza wants to scrap with Vitor Belfort. Link
- Glover Teixeira Will Not Require Surgery on Injured Right Shoulder As Originally Thought
UFC light heavyweight contender Glover Teixeira will not require surgery on his injured right shoulder. UFC Tonight reported the development on Wednesday. Link
- GLORY aligns with ISKA as primary regulatory body for upcoming kickboxing events
ISKA sanctioned nearly 50 continental and world title kickboxing events throughout Europe in 2013 and more than 100 total events in the United Kingdom. Link
- Lombard Calls Out Matt Brown
The American Top Team fighter has another welterweight on his radar. Link
- WSOF 10 gets Jessica Aguilar vs. Emi Fujino title defence, Ashlee Evans-Smith debut and Invicta veterans
WSOF is tripling up on female fights. Jessica Aguilar is back, Japan's Emi Fujino and Ashlee Evans-Smith make their debuts, and a bout between Invicta veterans Lynn Alvarez and Sofia Bagherdai is on....