- UFC's Edson Barboza wants Cerrone rematch, will settle for any quick return
What looked like a simple jab ultimately led Donald Cerrone to a small upset at this past Saturday’s UFC on FOX 11 event, but his opponent, Edson Barboza, said he’d welcome a rematch. Link
- 'Alvarez vs. Chandler 3' starts at $34.99
The Bellator mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion is putting its best foot forward when it makes its pay-per-view (PPV) debut with "Alvarez vs. Chandler 3," which takes place inside the Landers Center...
- Chuck Liddell: I would have been a 'horrible match-up' for Jon Jones
Former UFC light heavyweight champ Chuck Liddell added to his bold statements earlier this week by claiming that he would have knocked out Jon Jones in his prime. Link
- Ryan Bader and Rafael Cavalcante verbally agree to bout at UFC 174
A bout between top 15 light heavyweights is on the docket with 9th ranked Ryan Bader taking on 12th ranked Rafael Cavalcante. Link
- Cormier vs. Hendo confirmed as UFC 173 co-main
UFC president Dana White stopped by ESPN's headquarters in Bristol, CT, where he announced the co-main event for UFC 173. Link
- Barao wants to renegotiate contract after UFC 173
UFC bantamweight champion Renan Barao is looking to improve his fight contract after he “saved” UFC 173. Link
- Glory 17 to feature Andy Ristie, FW tournament
Details are in for Glory 17 Los Angeles on Saturday June 21. Take a look at the main event and news on the 4 man tournament right here at Bloody Elbow. Link
- UFC Fight Night 39 drug tests come back clean
Drug tests from UFC Fight Night 39 have come back negative for performance-enhancers and drugs of abuse. Link
- UFC on FOX 11 salaries: Fabricio Werdum leads near-$1 million payroll
Main-event winner and veteran heavyweight Fabricio Werdum was the top earner at this past weekend’s UFC on FOX 11 event, where he netted a $175,000 disclosed payday. Link
- Hermes Franca Deported Following Prison Term
Franca, 39, was lawfully admitted to the United States back in 2005 and received permanent resident status in 2007, neither of which was satisfactory for the immigration judge charged with his fate....
- ROAD FC 15 postponed following national ferry tragedy in South Korea
All matches for ROAD FC 15 have been moved from May 10 to May 31 in Wonju, including the main event rematch between Seo Doo-Hwan and Joachim Hansen. Link
- Dana White: Vitor Belfort fights winner of 'Weidman vs. Machida' if 'Phenom' can get licensed by NSAC
If Vitor Belfort wants to keep his shot at the UFC middleweight title, he needs to make sure he comes correct when applying for a license to fight in the state of Nevada. Link
- Hector Lombard: Nick Diaz is 'running' from me
While the rest of the UFC's welterweight division continues to sort itself out, Hector Lombard remains in limbo -- although it's not for a lack of trying. Link
- Vagner Rocha suffers last-minute training injury, UFC 172 bout with Joe Ellenberger scrapped from card
UFC lightweight Vagner Rocha suffered a injury during a training session in Baltimore, forcing his match-up with Ellenberger to be scratched from the card. Link
- Phil Davis blames Jon Jones of running from him, Daniel Cormier and Alexander Gustafsson
"Mr. Wonderful" accused Jon Jones of avoiding the top light heavyweight contenders and clarified that he does want a title shot. Link
- Scott Jorgensen vs. Danny Martinez added to UFC Fight Night 42
Flyweight Scott Jorgensen (14-9 MMA, 3-5 UFC) likely has his last chance at turning things around in the UFC octagon. Link
- With Zuffa contract complete, former Strikeforce boss plans to travel, not promote
Several weeks ago, Scott Coker’s contract with UFC parent Zuffa came to an end, freeing the longtime promoter to pursue other interests. Link
- White: 'PEDs have been cleaned up in the UFC'
Despite a lack of a comprehensive drug testing program beyond basic urine testing, Dana White claims that the UFC has been cleaned up of performance enhancing drugs. Link
- Dana: Ronda would 'hurt' Mayweather 'really bad'
The UFC president echos claims by Jon Jones and Joe Rogan that Ronda Rousey "will hurt Floyd" in a " a street fight, a mixed martial arts fight" although he concedes that Mayweather would beat her in...
- Bellator 118's Liam McGeary vs. Mike Mucitelli promoted to tourney status
The stakes have been raised for a Bellator 118 main-card bout between Liam McGeary (6-0 MMA, 3-0 BMMA) and Mike Mucitelli (6-0 MMA, 4-0 BMMA). Link
- UFC Fight Night 44 adds two more bouts for San Antonio card
The fight card for June’s UFC Fight Night 44 event continues to take shape with the addition of two new bouts. Link
- UFC champ Jones would fight Liddell 'if Chuck wants to come out retirement'
Retired UFC legend Chuck Liddell hasn’t been the biggest Jon Jones proponent, but the reigning light-heavyweight champion said he’s willing to settle it in the cage. Link
- Gracie Barra instructor arrested for child rape
Cristiano Oliveira is being held in jail on charges that the Gracie Barra jiu-jitsu instructor raped a child. Link
- Myles Jury vs. Abel Trujillo booked for UFC Fight Night 44 in San Antonio
Lightweights Myles Jury (14-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) and Abel Trujillo (12-5 MMA, 3-1 UFC) have joined this summer’s UFC Fight Night 44 event. Link
- Injuries, commitment to TUF: 'Latin America' may keep Cain Velasquez benched until 2015
And if Velasquez is benched, then so too, is Fabricio Werdum. Link
- Hermes Franca Deported to Brazil After Serving Sentence for Sexual Abuse
Back in May 2011, UFC veteran Hermes Franca was arrested and charged with seven counts of sexual abuse in the first degree and two counts of unlawful sexual penetration in the second degree, after...
- Jon Jones Changes Story About Homophobic ‘Hacked Phone’ Incident
Last week, Jon Jones lost his phone, a mysterious homophobic hacker found it, and then proceeded to fire gay slurs at a Swedish teenager on Instagram under Jones’s identity. At least, that’s the...
- Dana White co-signs Ronda Rousey, says Cyborg Justino once looked like 'Wanderlei Silva in a dress and heels'
There are a number of topics unrelated to any particular UFC event that still manage to crawl into and embed themselves as the key signpost of conversation. At the post-media day scrum with UFC...
- NSAC suspends Siver for 9 months
Dennis Siver has been suspended for nine months and fined 30% of his purse following his positive test following UFC 168. Link
- Aljamain Sterling vs. Hugo Viana added to UFC Fight Night 45 in Atlantic City
UFC Fight Night 45, which marks the UFC’s return to Atlantic City, N.J., has its first fight. Link
- Chris Camozzi vs. Bruno Santos booked for UFC 175 in Las Vegas
A middleweight bout between Chris Camozzi (19-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC) and Bruno Santos (13-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is the latest addition to July’s UFC 175 lineup. Link
- Dana White: Anthony Johnson will be cut, issued lifetime ban if he misses weight for UFC 172
"Rumble's" weight needs to be on point tomorrow, if he doesn't want to face a lifetime ban from UFC. Link
- Ryan Ford-Bristol Marunde Welterweight Duel Headlines WSOF Canada 2
World Series of Fighting Canadian welterweight champion Ryan Ford will return to action against Bristol Marunde at WSOF Canada 2. Link
- Andrei Arlovski signs with UFC
The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced on Thursday night that a familiar face will be coming back to the octagon. Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski has re-signed with the...
- Cerrone In Baltimore, Wants To Fill UFC 172 Injury Void
Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone, fought for three-minutes last weekend on “BIG” FOX. By the time he left the cage victorious, he was already campaigning for his next opponent. Anyone, anyplace, anytime, and...
- Arlovski targeted for bout with Brendan Schaub
MMAjunkie confirmed with a source close to negotiations that Arlovski is targeted for a UFC 174 bout opposite Brendan Schaub (10-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC). The source asked not to be named because he was not...
- Gian Villante vs. Anthony Perosh in the works for UFC's debut in New Zealand
With a main event set, the UFC is working towards filling up its debut card in New Zealand. Link
- Miguel Torres, Will Chope featured on 8-man featherweight grand prix in Rebel FC
Former UFC fighters Miguel Torres and Will Chope will head to Singapore as part of an 8-man featherweight tournament to crown Rebel FC's inaugural champion at 145 lbs. Link
- Following spinal fusion Dan Miller eyes UFC return
Bloody Elbow caught up with Dan Miler in Baltimore and found out where he's been and what he's been up to since he last fought in March 2013 Link
- McCall vs. Pickett targeted for UFC Dublin
A few months after the UFC tried to book Brad Pickett vs. Ian McCall in London, the organization is working towards placing the flyweight fight on the upcoming UFC Dublin card later this summer,...
- UFC 172 weigh-in results: Jon Jones, Glover Teixeira official for title fight
BALTIMORE – UFC 172 was on scene for today’s UFC 172 fighter weigh-ins, where all 20 competitors on the show made weight for Saturday’s card. Link
- UFC champ Renan Barao retreats on controversy about salary complaints
The Brazilian said his answer was misunderstood when asked about his money to fight and he won't discuss his contract again with the media. Link
- Big Nog Tears ACL, Wants UFC Fight After Surgery
I don't know what the official tally is, but between the two brothers, they've gotta hold some kind of injury record. Link
- Company handling drug test collection for Jones vs Teixeira named in lawsuit for mishandling NFL samples
Drug Free Sport, the company handling drug test collection for Jones vs. Teixeira is in some legal hot water via a lawsuit claiming they mishandled drug test samples to not lose the NFL as a client....
- Caio Machado replaces Aaron Philips in Legacy FC 32 title fight
Caio Machado (4-0) has stepped in June’s Legacy FC 32 headliner and will now fight for the organization’s vacant bantamweight title. Link
- Vitor Belfort wants to replace Lyoto Machida in UFC 175 main event
Scheduled to compete for the middleweight championship at UFC 173 on May 24, Belfort was pulled out of the fight after TRT was banned by Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC). He claims he has been...
- Jon Jones claims UFC is making more millionaires than boxing
Jon Jones makes the wild claim that the UFC is making more fighters into millionaires than boxing. Link
- Head injury sidelines champ Dantas, Warren vs. Silva for interim belt at Bellator 118
A head injury suffered during a recent training session has sidelined Bellator MMA bantamweight champion Eduardo Dantas, and the organization has put together an interim title fight in its place....
- UFC 172 bonuses: Gomi, Vallie-Flagg, Benavidez, Beal win $50,000
BALTIMORE – Takanori Gomi, Isaac Vallie-Flagg, Joseph Benavidez and Chris Beal each earned $50,000 bonuses for their work at Saturday’s UFC 172 event. Link
- After UFC 172 win, Dana White says Alexander Gustafsson next for Jon Jones
BALTIMORE – The rematch that had been set up since last fall – pending a couple things – now can come to fruition. Link