- Nevada State Athletic Commission names former FBI agent Robert Bennett as new executive director
Former FBI agent Robert Bennett has been revealed as the new executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Link
- Dana White doesn't guarantee Vitor Belfort's title shot after his come back
The UFC president said that he hasn't been talking with "The Phenom" and doesn't know when he will be back to the Octagon. Link
- June's WSOF 10 event moves from San Jose to Las Vegas
June’s WSOF card has shifted one state over. Link
- K.J. Noons mulling permanent move to 170, wants trilogy with Nick Diaz
K.J. Noons is riding high after scoring a brutal 30-second knockout of Sam Stout at Wednesday’s TUF Nations Finale event in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada, and it’s got him thinking about the near...
- Champ Pat Curran rematches Patricio Freire at Bellator 121 on June 6
After winning back his title in March, Bellator MMA featherweight champion Pat Curran (20-5 MMA, 10-2 BMMA) will next fight Patricio Freire (21-2 MMA, 9-2 BMMA) in a rematch at Bellator 121. Link
- Cage Warriors Fight Night 11 results: Mason earns decision win over Vallee
The Cage Warriors Fight Night 11 main event between Jack Mason and Patrick Vallee was one of the more competitive bouts of the evening, but the end result saw Mason take home a unanimous-decision...
- Dana White says Phil Davis lacks title spirit; Davis: 'Ha ha. Isn't that funny?'
ORLANDO – UFC President Dana White questions whether Phil Davis really wants to be the light heavyweight champion of the world, but Davis plans to show him. Link
- Rich Franklin to join One FC as vice president
Former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin is in talks with One FC to potentially become the Vice President of the promotion. Link
- UFC on FOX 11 bonuses: Cerrone, White, Alves, Baczynski win $50,000
ORLANDO – Donald Cerrone, Alex White, Thiago Alves and Seth Baczynski each earned $50,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday’s UFC on FOX 11 event. Link
- Bobby Green out of UFC 172 vs. Jim Miller, UFC seeking replacement
Just a week before the event, the UFC 172 pay-per-view has taken a hit to the main card. Link
- Bellator 120 pay-per-view adds Ivanov-Volkov, Held-Freire, three more bouts
Bellator MMA’s first pay-per-view continues to take shape with the addition of the final main-card bout, plus four preliminary-card fights – including a pair of tournament finals. Link
- Chris Holdsworth Interview - Talks UFC 173, PS4 and Ludwig's Departure
PDG: Speaking of that UFC 173 main card, one of your teammates, TJ Dillashaw is facing the UFC bantamweight champion Renan Barao. What do you think of that match-up? Chris Holdsworth: I think it is...
- Yancy Meideiros steps in to fight Jim Miller at UFC 172
With one week’s notice, lightweight Yancy Medeiros (9-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) is stepping into face top-10 fighter Jim Miller (23-4 MMA, 12-3 UFC) at UFC 172. Link
- White: Travis Browne may have broken rib in first against Fabricio Werdum
UFC President Dana White found it curious that Travis Browne seemed to run out of energy midway through the first round of his UFC on FOX 11 headliner, but offered a possible explanation. Link
- White: Werdum played it safe against Browne
Dana White thinks Fabricio Werdum chose to play it safe tonight to secure his title shot against Cain Velasquez. Link
- Coach Winkeljohn says that if Overeem doesn’t become a team player at Jackson’s, he ‘will be ostracized real quick’ and will be gone
Coach Mike Winkeljohn of Jackson’s MMA spoke with Submission Radio, where he expressed his excitement to have Overeem on the team, as well as changes he would need to make to be a part of the team....
- Miesha Tate interested in Kaufman, Holm, but would fight Gina Carano 'right now'
Having successfully broken a two-fight skid, Miesha Tate is looking ahead to new challenges in order to rebuild her career in the UFC women’s bantamweight division. Link
- Vagner Rocha vs. Joe Ellenberger being targeted for UFC 172
A reported injury to Bobby Green has caused quite a shakeup on this Saturday's UFC 172 fight card. A lightweight fight between Vagner Rocha and Joe Ellenberger is "in the works", according to MMA...
- Fox 11 medical suspensions: Browne gets 90 days
The UFC on Fox 11 medical suspensions have been released, and two fighters are facing indefinite terms. Surprisingly, one of them is not Travis Browne. Link
- Fox 11 pulls 1.99 million viewers, worst in series
UFC on FOX 11 may have proved to be a sellout in Orlando, but it also produced the lowest overnight rating in the series' history. Link
- Pat Curran vs. Patricio Pitbull Featherweight Championship Kicks Off Bellator Summer Series
The Bellator Summer Series will start with a bang as Bellator Featherweight Champion Pat Curran will defend his title against featherweight tournament winner Patricio Pitbull. Link
- UFC cuts Bubba McDaniel and Renee Forte
Another two fighters appear to have been trimmed from the UFC's active rosters with the removal of Bubba McDaniel and Renee Forte. Link
- Travis Browne's coach tweets x-ray of his broken hand, lists UFC on Fox 11 injuries
Travis Browne apparently suffered a litany of injuries at UFC on Fox 11 that didn't show up in the Florida State Athletic Commission's medical suspensions. Link
- Shields: UFC wants sluggers, not the best fighters
Former Strikeforce champ Jake Shields talks about being cut by the UFC after one loss while still being recognized as one of the world's top mixed martial artists at Welterweight. Link
- UFC legend Chuck Liddell: I can't stand the way Chael Sonnen promotes fights
Call Chuck Liddell old-fashioned, but he’s not much a fan of pre-fight theatrics. Link
- With Joe Ellenberger vs. Vagner Rocha, Saturday's UFC 172 lineup again finalized
After shuffling to the preliminary card, the 11-bout lineup is now official for Saturday’s UFC 172 pay-per-view event. Link
- If he wants it, ex-UFC champ Dominick Cruz will get immediate title shot
Although he recommends against it, UFC President Dana White said former bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz can have an immediate title shot upon his return from a lengthy injury layoff. Link
- Sponsor blasts UFC for conduct double-standard, offers $5k reward for Ronda Rousey knockout
If you thought the Ronda Rousey vs. Cristiane Justino situation was ugly before, you ain't seen nuthin' yet. Link
- Rani Yahya and Johnny Bedford get rematch at UFC Fight Night 44
Following a no-contest earlier this month, bantamweights Rani Yahya (19-8 MMA, 4-2 UFC) and Johnny Bedford (19-10-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) will get another chance to fight. UFC officials today announced the...
- UFC champ Jon Jones no longer interested in heavyweight
Not too long ago, Jon Jones said he would be fighting at heavyweight by 2014 – but the UFC light heavyweight champ said that’s no longer the case. Link
- Jake Shields Expected to Make World Series of Fighting Welterweight Debut in July
With the addition of Jake Shields, the World Series of Fighting adds to their welterweight division’s top talent that includes current champion Rousimar Palhares and top contenders Jon Fitch, Josh...
- Bjorn Rebney: Tito Ortiz Will Have Huge Weight Advantage on Alexander Shlemenko
Tito Ortiz will likely have a major weight advantage on his side when he meets Bellator middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko in a light heavyweight bout that’s being planned for Bellator’s May...
- Khabib wants Cerrone, Diaz or Grant
UFC lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov is willing to wait for a title shot if offered, but would “gladly” take fights with any of the top competitors in the division. Link
- UFC champ Jon Jones teases special walkout for Saturday's UFC 172
Jon Jones usually does his walk to the octagon with 50 Cent’s “God Gave Me Style” playing in the arena, though he’s also switched it up and gone with Bob Marley. Link
- After recent losses, Michael Bisping and Brad Tavares campaign for UFC fight
Following their losses this past week, middleweights Michael Bisping (24-6 MMA, 14-6 UFC) and Brad Tavares (12-2 MMA, 7-2 UFC) appear interested in a fight against each other. Link
- June's Legacy FC 32 lineup finalized, Almeida vs. Phillips now for vacant title
The lineup is set for June’s Legacy FC 32 event, and a previously announced headliner now will have title stakes. Link
- Sexyama says he will be back this year
Yoshihiro Akiyama has stated on Twitter he will be returning this year in the UFC after a 2-year hiatus. Link
- Iuri Alcantara vs. Vaughan Lee joins UFC Fight Night 41 in Berlin
Brazilian Iuri Alcantara (29-5 MMA, 4-2 UFC) and Englishman Vaughan Lee (14-9-1 MMA, 3-3 UFC) will meet in a bantamweight bout at UFC Fight Night 41 next month. Link
- Royce Gracie Joins Bruce Lee in Upcoming EA Sports UFC Video Game
Royce Gracie hasn’t fought in the Octagon since 2006, but soon, he’ll be back… if only virtually. Link
- 'Cyborg' Justino rep: Ronda Rousey attacks verbally because 'she can't physically'
An attorney/adviser for Cristiane Justino said there’s probably a reason UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey was so ruthless during a recent interview. Link
- Rebney reveals Shlemenko will fight at 190lb.
Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney discussed the upcoming match-up between Alexander Shlemenko and Tito Ortiz and revealed that he believes there will be a significant weight disparity between the two...
- UFC on FOX 11 Final TV Ratings See Uptick to 2.5 Million Viewers
Although the initial quick overnight ratings came back at 1.99 million for Saturday’s UFC on FOX 11: Werdum vs. Browne, the final numbers were a bit higher. Link
- Trainer: WSOF outbid UFC for Holly Holm, but 'Preacher's Daughter' wants Ronda Rousey fight
Ray Sefo was making it rain for Holly Holm. Dana White? Not so much. Link
- Dana White defends the idea of signing Gina Carano to an immediate title fight
Add Dana White to the list of people who are supportive of an immediate title shot for Gina Carano. The UFC President spoke with members of the media following the UFC on FOX 11 post-fight press...
- Paul Daley signs with K-1 Global, expected to make debut in July
It is being reported that Paul Daley has signed with K-1 Global, where he will compete in the 80kg division. Link
- Former UFC Fighter Homer Moore Arrested on Suspicion of 1999 Arizona Murder
Onetime UFC talent Homer Moore was arrested Monday in Tempe, Ariz., on a first-degree murder charge in a case nearly 15 years old, according to a press release from Tempe police. Link
- Xian Ji-Thanh Vu, 5 More Bouts Added to One FC 16 ‘Honor and Glory’ in Singapore
Six new contests have been added to One Fighting Championship’s May 30 offering, including a bantamweight showdown between Xian Ji and Thanh Vu. Link
- Titan FC inks deal with Ben Saunders
Welterweight Ben "Killa B" Saunders has signed an exclusive contract with Titan Fighting Championships. Link
- UFC and WSOF vet Gerald Harris announces MMA retirement
Big-show vet Gerald Harris has called it a wrap on his eight-year pro fighting career. Link
- Andrew Craig vs. Cezar Ferreira added to UFC Fight Night 44 in San Antonio
A middleweight bout between Andrew Craig (9-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC) and Cezar Ferreira (7-3 MMA, 3-1 UFC) has been booked for UFC Fight Night 44 in San Antonio. Link