- Thomas Almeida vs. Aaron Phillips headlines Legacy FC 31 in Louisiana on June 20
Legacy Fighting Championship will return in June, and will touch down in Louisiana for the first time. Link
- Bellator 115 salaries: Cheick Kongo, Vitaly Minakov lead $154K payroll
Bellator MMA heavyweight title challenger Cheick Kongo and champion Vitaly Minakov were the top earners at this past Friday’s Bellator 115 event. Link
- Diego Brandao meets RFA champ Brian Ortega at UFC Fight Night 5/31
TUF 14 winner Diego Brandao will welcome RFA featherweight champion Brian Ortega to the UFC in a featherweight clash at the UFC Fight Night event on 5/31. Link
- Minowaman mangles leg of Swedish opponent making his MMA debut
What's Minowaman been up to lately? Check out this video of his Saturday win over a Swedish opponent with no prior MMA fights. Link
- Sarah Kaufman Again Without Opponent; Amanda Nunes Out of TUF Nations Finale Due to Injury
Less than a week after agreeing to fight Sarah Kaufman at The Ultimate Fighter Nations Finale on April 16, Amanda Nunes has had to withdraw from the fight. Link
- Joe Pacheco vs. Brandon Halsey elevated to 185 tourney semifinal at Bellator 116
Bellator MMA’s Season 10 middleweight tournament has gotten a shakeup with a pair of reserve fighters being elevated into the semifinals. Link
- Mark Bocek Draws Mike De La Torre For TUF Nations Finale With Evan Dunham Hurt
UFC acted fast after Evan Dunham was injured and bounced from The Ultimate Fighter (TUF): "Nations" Finale on April 16, 2014 in Quebec City, Canada, calling on UFC newcomer Mike De La Torre (12-3) to...
- Emerson holds McCall ‘indirectly’ responsible for Shane del Rosario’s death
In his Bellator 116 pre-fight interview, Rob Emerson makes a shocking revelation regarding his belief that UFC flyweight Ian McCall was indirectly responsible for Shane del Rosario's death. Link
- Nate Diaz breaks silence about issues with UFC; Dana White responds
Nate Diaz hasn't talked to the media since his dominant first-round TKO win overGray Maynard on Nov. 30. He hasn't been necessarily quiet, though, since then either. Link
- Leslie Smith in TUF Nations Finale bout with Sarah Kaufman
A dislocated thumb has forced Brazilian women's bantamweight competitor Amanda Nunes to withdraw from her scheduled match-up at the TUF: Nations Finale against Sara Kaufman. Leslie Smith will step in...
- Tyron Woodley vs. Rory MacDonald signed for UFC 174 in June
Bout agreements have been signed for a co-main draw at UFC 174 between welterweights Tyron Woodley (13-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) and Rory MacDonald (16-2 MMA, 7-2 UFC), which could crown the next title...
- Holm to undergo surgery on broken arm
Mike Winkeljohn may see his vision of Holly Holm's future delayed as the newly crowned Legacy FC champ will have to undergo surgery for a broken arm suffered in her most recent fight. Link
- Bellator 115 medical suspensions: Champ Vitaly Minakov could be out six months
Bellator MMA heavyweight champion Vitaly Minakov could be on the shelf for a while after his most recent title defense. Link
- UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem forced to undergo surgery for pinched nerve
And he's proud of the fact that it will be his first time under the knife since turning pro. Link
- Champ Demetrious Johnson vs. Ali Bagautinov to headline UFC 174 in Vancouver
UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson (19-2-1 MMA, 7-1-1) will headline UFC 174 and the organization’s return to Vancouver. The UFC’s inaugural 125-pound champion will take on Ali Bagautinov...
- Alexander Yakovlev in to fight Demian Maia
Following an injury to Mike Pierce, UFC newcomer Alexander Yakovlev steps in to fight Demian Maia at the TUF Brazil 3 Finale. Link
- UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem set to join Greg Jackson's camp
It looks like there's a new addition to the Jackson's MMA roster. Link
- UFC targeting Nick Diaz vs. Hector Lombard – without much luck
The UFC is apparently interested in matching up sorta-retired-but-probably-not Nick Diaz (26-9 MMA, 7-6 UFC) with fellow welterweight Hector Lombard (34-4-1 MMA, 3-2 UFC). Link
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Nico Musoke booked for UFC Fight Night in San Antonio
A welterweight bout between Kelvin Gastelum (8-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) and Nico Musoke (12-2 MMA, 2-0 UFC) is the latest addition to June’s UFC Fight Night event in San Antonio. Link
- Olympic gold medalist Henry Cejudo fights for title in Legacy FC 31 headliner
The Legacy FC 31 event in June will have a championship doubleheader, which includes an Olympic gold medalist in the main event. Link
- Caio Magalhaes vs. Luke Zachrich booked for UFC on FOX 11 with Josh Samman hurt
After winning his debut fight at The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 17 Finale nearly one year ago, Josh Samman continues to find himself unable to return to action. He was injured prior to his Uriah Hall...
- Roy Jones Jr. compares the UFC to M-1 Global, says they can’t make up their mind on the Silva boxing match
Roy Jones Jr. spoke with MxiFight.ru, where he expressed his continued desire in a boxing match against Anderson Silva, and compared the UFC to M-1 Global. Link
- Yan Cabral fights Zak Cummings in Cincinnati
Yan Cabral has a new opponent for his next fight in the UFC. Link
- Nick Diaz: "I'm not fighting for anything less than $500K"
After challenging the newly crowned welterweight champion, former contender Nick Diaz speaks out about his latest offer from the UFC and his intent (or lack there of) to return to the Octagon. Link
- Cris Cyborg Questions Ronda Rousey, Why 145 for Gina Carano But Not Me?
Invicta FC featherweight champion Cris "Cyborg" Justino questions why UFC bantamweight titleholder Ronda Rousey would fight Gina Carano at a catchweight but not her. Link
- Stefan Struve cleared to return by doctors
- With Laprise-Aubin Mercier, Theodorou-Westcott finals, TUF Nations Finale lineup set
With an all-Canada set of tournament finals, plus another pair of new matchups from the house, the TUF Nations Finale now is set for next week. Link
- Illness scraps Andrew Craig vs. Chris Camozzi at UFC Fight Night 39
ABU DHABI – A middleweight bout between Andrew Craig (9-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC) and Chris Camozzi (19-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC) has been called off just a few hours before the athletes were set to hit the scales for...
- UFC Fight Night 39 weigh-in results: Nogueira, Nelson official for main event
ABU DHABI – The weigh-ins for UFC Fight Night 39 are in the books, and all 16 fighters on the card made weight for Friday’s event. Link
- Nick Diaz Adds to Nate’s UFC Rant: “I’m Not Going Backwards… I’d Rather Work at Wal-Mart”
Shortly after Nate Diaz went on a rant about his UFC contract, older brother Nick reiterated his decision to retire, saying he'd rather work at Wal-Mart than fight. Link
- Tim Means replaces William Macario, meets Neil Magny at UFC Fight Night 40
Another Legacy FC fighter has received a ticket to the UFC. Or, in Tim Means‘ case, a return ticket to the UFC. UFC officials today announced Means (20-5-1) has replaced William Macario (7-1 MMA, 1-1...
- Kajan Johnson vs. Tae Hyun Bang booked for UFC 174 in Vancouver
A successful Twitter campaign has landed “The Ultimate Fighter Nations: Canada vs. Australia” semifinalist Kajan Johnson an official UFC fight. Johnson suffered a knockout loss to teammate Chad...
- UFC champ Jon Jones offers $1,500 reward for missing rare cat
Jon Jones has enough on his plate later this month in Baltimore, but now he has the stress of a missing pet to deal with, as well. Jones, the UFC’s light heavyweight champion, has offered a $1,500...
- Welcome to the UFC Ray Borg
Following his win over fellow 125 lb prospect Nick Urso at Legacy FC 30, the UFC has signed undefeated Ray Borg to a 4 fight contract. Link
- Daniel Cormier targeted for spot on UFC 173 main card against either Dan Henderson or Ryan Bader
The UFC is planning another card reshuffling, which could affect UFC 173, 174, and 175. Link
- Bellator 116 weigh-in results: All heavyweight tourney semifinalists on weight
All four big men in the Bellator MMA Season 10 heavyweight tournament have made weight for their semifinal-round matchups. Link
- Alexander Shlemenko calls out Tito Ortiz for Bellator pay-per-view; Ortiz accepts challenge
Less than two weeks removed from his 50th career victory, 13th straight win and fourth straight win in a title fight, Bellator middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko knows when he wants to get...
- Ortiz-Shlemenko booked for Bellator PPV
Alexander Shlemenko will do battle with Tito Ortiz at Bellator’s inaugural pay-per-view. Link
- Barao says he would fight his friend Moraes 8
Renan Barao said he would put his friendship Marlon Moraes aside for a moment if they need to fight in the future. Link
- Cage Warriors 67 weigh-in results: Brett Johns misses weight, stripped of title
Saturday’s Cage Warriors 67 main event will still have a title on the line, but only for one fighter. Link
- Leonard Garcia vs. Damon Jackson title fight headlines Legacy FC 33
Leonard Garcia (18-11-1) will look to register his first successful title defense when he meets undefeated Damon Jackson (8-0) in July at Legacy FC 33. Link
- Luke Zachrich, Ray Borg make octagon debuts at UFC on FOX 11, 13-bout lineup set
Two UFC newcomers will make their official UFC debuts next week at UFC on FOX 11, officials recently announced. Link
- UFN results: Nelson, Guida, Kawajiri win bonuses
“Big Country” earned a $50, 000 bonus for his brutal KO of “Minotauro” Nogueira, while Guida vs Kawajiri won FOTN. Link
- UFC Fight Night 39 attendance pushes gate to $1.8 million
ABU DHABI – The UFC’s return to the Middle East resulted in healthy attendance and live-gate figures. Link
- Jim Alers wants McGregor next
UFC featherweight Jim Alers won an exciting debut bout against fellow newcomer Alan Omer, and he had a very specific fighter in mind for his next fight. Link
- Rashad Evans reacts to Overeem departing The Blackzilians
Former UFC light-heavyweight champion is a key part of The Blackzilians team, being a founder member and informal team captain. UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem departed the team earlier this week;...
- Tyrone Spong: If I fully commit to MMA, of course I would want to be in the UFC
Tyrone Spong told Bloody Elbow that while he is satisfied with WSOF, he would want to join the UFC if he were to commit to MMA full time. Link
- After no-contest, UFC exec hints at Johnny Bedford vs. Rani Yahya rematch
Following the result of UFC Fight Night 39's event opener, a UFC executive said the promotion could rebook a bantamweight bout between Johnny Bedford (19-10-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and Rani Yahya (19-8 MMA,...
- UFC anticipates quick return to Abu Dhabi, targeting 'The Ultimate Fighter' for Middle East
ABU DHABI – The UFC took four years to return to Abu Dhabi following its initial visit to the United Arab Emirates’ second most populous city, but the locale may soon become an annual destination....
- Johnny Bedford Explains Fiery Post-Fight Reaction After Headbutt Results in No Contest
Johnny Bedford was ecstatic after UFC Fight Night Abu Dhabi opponent Rani Yahya crashed to the canvas and the referee stepped in to halt the bout. Link