- WSOF matchmaker, Ali Abdel-Aziz responds to Josh Burkman's Tweets
Ali Abdel-Aziz responds to Josh Burkman's Twitter criticism and release request. Link
- Is Ben Askren on his way to the UFC ?
His walk out T shirt has appeared for sale on the UFC.com shop website Askren walkout tee shirt
- Gina Carano to meet with Dana White about possible UFC future next week, or could retire for good
Gina Carano says that she will meet with Dana White next week and could return to MMA, saying she's "actually kind of considering it." Link
- CSAC releases Rousey from management deal
The California State Athletic Commission has terminated the fight-manager deal between Ronda Rousey and Fight Tribe Management. Link
- Vladimir Matyushenko announces retirement following Bellator 116 fight opposite Joey Beltran
Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight slugger Vladimir Matyushenko is calling it quits. Link
- Winkeljohn: There has been talk of a Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm pay-per-view bout
The trainer of former women's boxing champ Holly Holm says that her camp has been in talks with Cris Cyborg's camp about doing a possible Holm vs. Cyborg pay-per-view event outside the UFC. Link
- Ellenberger 'Ronda Rousey is freakishly strong'
UFC welterweight contender, Jake Ellenberger discusses the current welterweight landscape, his new podcast with comedian Adam Hunter, training with Edmond Tarverdyan, what he took from the loss to...
- Patrick Cummins meets Francimar Barroso at UFC Fight Night 43 in Albuquerque
The UFC’s first visit to Albuquerque now has a light heavyweight matchup added to the lineup. Link
- Maryland State Athletic Commission releases statement regarding UFC 172 random drug testing
Following the surprising news that the Maryland State Athletic Commission had randomly tested UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones as well as title challenger Glover Teixeira ahead of UFC 172,...
- Barnatt: I make more cash than 80% of UFC fighters
British middleweight Luke Barnatt breaks down his business-like approach to fighting in the UFC, and why you should make more money outside of the octagon than in it. Link
- Brazilian commission denies Scott Jorgensen appeal, UFC Fight Night 38 result stands
Brazil’s athletic commission has denied Scott Jorgensen‘s appeal of a UFC Fight Night 38 loss, and the result from the event will stand. Link
- Chope gets first post-UFC fight at PRO FC 9
Featherweight fighter Will Chope is slated to take part in his first post-UFC fight, as he meets Jeremy Kennedy at PRO FC 9 in Taiwan. Link
- Mike Brown out, Estevan Payan now meets newcomer Alex White at UFC on FOX 11
Estevan Payan (14-5 MMA, 0-2 UFC) now has a third scheduled opponent at UFC on FOX 11, as Alex Garcia (8-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) replaces an injured Mike Brown, who was originally a replacement for Sean...
- Conflict resolved, Burkman stays with WSOF, fights winner of Palhares vs. Fitch
LAS VEGAS – Despite a very public conflict between Josh Burkman (27-10) and his WSOF employers, “The People’s Warrior” plans on staying with the Las Vegas-based promotion and will soon fight for the...
- Bas Rutten rips Alistair Overeem for testosterone usage
The former UFC Heavyweight champion went on Submission Radio and had some harsh words for his countryman. Link
- Cyborg unaware of Holly Holm PPV rumors
Invicta featherweight champion Cris 'Cyborg Justino discusses the Holly Holm PPV rumours, Ronda Rousey "running" from her, and an interest in a potential rematch against Gina Carano. Link
- Former UFC flyweight Phil Harris signs with Cage Warriors, debuts this month
It won’t take long for Phil Harris to get back to work. Link
- Legacy FC 30 results: Holly Holm stays perfect, overwhelms Juliana Werner
Holly Holm‘s future in MMA is still uncertain, but for now, she can claim a title in the sport after downing an overmatched Juliana Werner for the Legacy FC women’s bantamweight belt. Link
- Bellator 115 results: Minakov tops Kongo to defend heavyweight belt
Vitaly Minakov (14-0 MMA, 5-0 BMMA) retained his Bellator MMA heavyweight championship with a five-round decision victory over Cheick Kongo (20-9-2 MMA, 2-1 BMMA) that was filled with momentum shifts...
- ONE FC Signs Former Boxing World Champion, Filipino-American Ana Julaton
ONE FC has been putting together female fights with increasing regularity and officials from the promotion confirmed to MMAWeekly.com that the latest addition is former boxing world champion. Link
- Chico Camus in for Kyung Ho Kang, meets Chris Holdsworth at UFC 173
The UFC’s annual Memorial Day weekend event continues to undergo shuffling, this time on the preliminary card. Link
- Jorge Masvidal in poker tourney finals, playing for six-figure prize
Jorge Masvidal stands to make a pretty hefty April bonus on Saturday if his cards land right. Link
- Holly Holm suffers broken arm in Legacy FC win
Women's bantamweight fighter Holly Holm suffered a broken arm in her Legacy FC 30 win last night over Juliana Werner. Link
- Kampmann: If I feel like taking a fight in a couple of months, I’ll call up Joe Silva
UFC welterweight competitor Martin Kampmann spoke with MMAFighting.com regarding his hiatus from MMA competition, whether he will retire in the near future, as well as his decision to begin coaching...
- Diego Sanchez calls Pearson 'perfect opponent,' says he beats champ Pettis nine out of 10 times
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – Even though Diego Sanchez admits he could encounter the same type of fight that led to a recent loss, he calls Ross Pearson “the perfect opponent.” Link
- UFC signs Alex White
Initially slated as Sean Soriano vs. Estevan Payan, Alex White steps up for an injured Mike Brown after Brown replaced an injured Soriano. Link
- Paul Daley returns to kickboxing – with a violent result
With his MMA career on hold, big-show veteran Paul Daley has returned to kickboxing this year. On Saturday, he had his third fight of 2014 – which included a violent outcome. Link
- May's UFC 173 lineup once again finalized with 12 bouts in Las Vegas
After some recent changes and card shuffling, the 12-fight lineup for May’s UFC 173 pay-per-view is one again set. Link
- Gzim Selmani Chokes Out Oli Thompson; Colin Fletcher Captures Split Verdict at BAMMA 15
Gzim Selmani put in a short night’s work in the British Association of Mixed Martial Arts 15 headliner, as he submitted two-time UFC veteran Oli Thompson with a guillotine choke just 18 seconds into...
- Kyra Gracie hopes to fight for the UFC following pregnancy and childbirth
The five-time jiu-jitsu world champion and three-time ADCC winner is taking this year off from competition to have a baby but once she's recovered from child-birth she hopes to compete in MMA and...
- Rony Jason vs Robbie Peralta targeted for TUF Brazil 3 Finale
A featherweight showdown between TUF Brazil winner Rony Jason and Robbie Peralta has been agreed to for the TUF Brazil 3 Finale. Link
- UFC releases Jake Shields
After a little over three years, Jake Shields' UFC run has come to an end. The former welterweight contender has been released by the promotion, his manager Lex McMahon of Alchemist Management...
- Bruce Lee will be on EA Sports UFC game
Martial Arts legend Bruce Lee will be available in EA Sports UFC and will be playable from flyweight up to lightweight. Link
- UFC Fight Night 39 start times, fight card, TV info, fan and media events
The UFC returns to the United Arab Emirates on Friday for UFC Fight Night 39 at DU Arena in Abu Dhabi. Here’s the essential information for the card. Link
- Ben Askren headlines May's ONE FC 15 vs. Bakhtiyar Abbasov
Former Bellator MMA welterweight champion Ben Askren will make his highly anticipated ONE FC debut next month in Singapore. Link
- World Series of Fighting Signs Josh Hill to Ever-Expanding Canadian Roster
World Series of Fighting has signed top Canadian bantamweight prospect and TUF 18 castmember Josh Hill. Link
- UFC New Zealand to Feature James Te Huna vs. Nate Marquardt
The UFC’s first trip to New Zealand has its first fight. The bout is expected to serve as the headliner for the event. Link
- Dennis Siver admits to using 'hCG drops' prior to UFC 168
Dennis Siver says that he used "hCG drops" as part of an hCG diet ahead of UFC 168, which led to his drug test failure. Link
- Bryan Caraway vs. Erik Perez slated for UFC Fight Night 43 in Albuquerque
Another bout is set for the UFC’s first visit to Albuquerque, and it features another home favorite. Link
- Eduardo Dantas vs. Joe Warren bantamweight title fight headlines Bellator 118
A bantamweight title fight will headline Bellator 118 next month in New Jersey, and a delayed tournament semifinal fight is on tap, as well. Link
- Despite frozen contract, UFC will pay for Georges St-Pierre's ACL surgery
Even though Georges St-Pierre is not an active fighter, Dana White says the UFC will foot the bill for the former welterweight champion’s ACL surgery this week in Los Angeles. Link
- Oropeza vs. Koreshkov finalizes Bellator 118 on Spike TV from Atlantic City’s Revel Casino on May 2
Dantas vs. Warren Battle In Bantamweight World Title Fight; Philadelphia’s Own Sam Oropeza vs. Andrey Koreshkov In Welterweight Semifinals, Plus Loaded Preliminary Card. Link
- Dos Santos vs. Miocic moved to Fight Night card, Sonnen/Silva to UFC 175?
The UFC has once again shaken up the UFC 173 card, and possibly moved another bout to UFC 175. Link
- Dana White on UFC’s decision to cut Shields: ‘Right now, at this point, he's just another guy’
UFC President Dana White spoke with Yahoo Sport’s Kevin Iole regarding his reasons behind cutting welterweight competitor Jake Shields. Link
- Evan Dunham out at TUF Nations Finale, promotion seeks replacement for Mark Bocek
Veteran lightweight Evan Dunham (14-5 MMA, 7-5 UFC) has been forced to withdraw from next week’s TUF Nations Finale event, and UFC officials are now looking for a new opponent for Mark Bocek (11-5...
- Promoter: Holm initially offered $15K/$15K by UFC, could bank $250K for boxing bout
Holly Holm‘s immediate schedule is filled with icing sessions and physical therapy, but already her future holds a lucrative prospect. Link
- Josh Samman out of fight with Magalhaes
UFC middleweight, Josh Samman forced out of UFC On FOX 11 bout with Caio Magalhaes. In this breaking news interview, he discusses his injury and options. Link
- Broken hand forces Mike Pierce out of May fight with Demian Maia, who awaits new foe
A broken hand has forced gritty welterweight Mike Pierce (17-6 MMA, 9-4 UFC) out of a planned May meeting in Brazil with grappling ace Demian Maia (18-6 MMA, 12-6 UFC), who now awaits a new opponent....
- Melvin Guillard signs with WSOF
Former UFC lightweight competitor Melvin Guillard has officially signed with WSOF and is expected to make his debut in the summer. Link
- UFC heavyweight Stefan Struve cleared by doctors to return from heart condition
ABU DHABI – A career once thought to be jeopardized by a rare heart condition is now ready to begin again. Link