- Jessica Eye makes statement of denial about marijuana use on the MMA Hour shortly before her signed test failure was made public
Of all the ways she could have handled the news of her drug test failure for cannabis at UFC 166, Eye appears to have chosen the worst as direct evidence contradicting her claims has been made public...
- UFC Takes Down Illegal Stream Website
LAS VEGAS – As part of the on-going initiative against online piracy, Zuffa, LLC, owner of the Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) organization, successfully took down and seized the records of...
- For Thiago Silva, a guilty verdict might mean deportation
Former UFC light heavyweight Thiago Silva might be facing deportation from the United States if he is convicted on the felony charges he is currently facing. Link
- Nova Uniao fighter murdered in Brazil
Kimura Nova Uniao fighter Luiz de Franca was murdered in Natal, and the prime suspect is a police officer that used to train at the same facility as the victim. Link
- 'TUF Nations' fighter Tyler Manawaroa won't get UFC contract due to racist Instagram post
Regardless of how he fares on “The Ultimate Fighter Nations: Canada vs. Australia” reality series, Tyler Manawaroa won’t get a UFC contract. Link
- Yancy Medeiros’ UFC Fight Night 31 win overturned due to failed drug test
UFC lightweight Yancy Medeiros failed his “UFC Fight Night 31: UFC Fight for the Troops 3” post-fight drug test in November. Link
- Heavyweight newcomers Derrick Lewis vs. Jack May slated for UFC on FOX 11
Two heavyweight promotional newcomers will meet in April at UFC on FOX 11, UFC President Dana White today announced. Link
- Coach Edmond Tarverdyan: Ronda Rousey drops boxing champs with body shots
LOS ANGELES – While Ronda Rousey‘s submission game is well-documented, the UFC women’s bantamweight champion’s head coach, Edmond Tarverdyan, says future opponents better defend their ribs, as well....
- Titan FC Rebuilds and Rebrands as a Launching Pad to the UFC
At one time Titan FC was one of the busiest promotions in MMA, routinely holding multiple events a year and helping develop some of the top young talent in the sport. Link
- Former Boxing Champion Vic Darchinyan to Make MMA Debut in Australia
GLENDALE, Calif. -- Former four-time boxing world champion Vic Darchinyan has flirted with the idea of trying out professional mixed martial arts for a while now, and it looks like he is ready take...
- Ex-Wife: Cocaine Made Silva Paranoid And Violent
Thiago's ex-wife has come forward, and it's safe to say she doesn't paint a very flattering picture of life as Mrs. Silva. Link
- UFC - New fight bonus structure
The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced today a modification to its live event bonuses. Effective immediately, UFC will award “Fight of the Night Bonuses” to each of the fighters in the best...
- Lucas Martins out, Cody Gibson meets Aljamain Sterling at UFC 170
Next week’s UFC 170 card continues to get an overhaul. Link
- TUF China Finale finalized with 10 fights, event kicks off at 5:45 a.m. ET
If you want to catch the live stream of next month’s TUF China Finale event, prepare for a very early morning – or perhaps a very late night. Link
- Bellator 119 heads to Canada in May for heavyweight tourney final
Bellator MMA will return to Canada in May for the first time in 18 months. Link
- 2 More Fights Added to WSOF 9 Main Card
The March 29 event takes place at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas and will also see Ozzy Dugulubgov face Jonathan Nunez, while Mike Corey battles Shane Kruchten. The evening’s main card airs...
- Kajan Johnson responds to Tyler Manowaroa's release from UFC
I feel in my heart that it is important to shed some light on this week’ earlier events, regarding Tyler Manawaroa’s “racist instagram photo.” Link
- Holly Holm vs. Juliana Werner title fight headlines Legacy FC 30 in Albuquerque
The previously reported Legacy FC title fight between former pro boxer/budding MMA star Holly Holm (6-0) and surging vet Juliana Werner (7-3) now has a date. Link
- Anthony Birchak defends bantamweight title vs. Kevin Croom at MFC 40
Anthony Birchak was awaiting his opponent the first defense of his Maximum Fighting Championship bantamweight title. Now he has one. Link
- RDA/Khabib sent to UFC on Fox 11 prelims
The UFC on Fox 11 main card lineup is set, but a notable exclusion is a key lightweight fight between Rafael dos Anjos and Khabib Nurmagomedov. Link
- Dana White Says 'El Nino' Should Probably Start Looking Elsewhere
Lowkick.com Once rumored to be facing surging prospect Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 170, Melendez instead said he was looking for another fight. But news has come today that he may be looking for a...
- Rashad Evans injured, bout at UFC 170 with Daniel Cormier canceled
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans injured a knee in training and his bout at UFC 170 against unbeaten Daniel Cormier scheduled for Feb. 22 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las...
- White: Overeem 'Hiding' From JDS, Refuses To Fight
The third time for "The Reem" vs. "Cigano" was not the charm. Link
- Overeem Responds To White: Injury To Blame For JDS Turndown, Not Fear
“I’m hurt. Rib problem. So first need an ETA on recovery time. [It] would be unwise to accept any fight before knowing exactly what’s up. wouldn’t want to pull out of any fight [due to] being unfit,...
- Despite Sonnen's offer, Evans vs. Cormier rebooking targeted for UFC 172
Although UFC officials said the bout has been scrapped entirely after Rashad Evans (21-3-1 MMA, 14-3-1 UFC) suffered a leg injury and was forced out of next week’s UFC 170 co-headliner, at least one...
- Chandler wants Melendez to come to Bellator
Bellator lightweight Michael Chandler has heard about the UFC contract woes of Gilbert Melendez and wants to welcome Gil into his promotion. Link
- Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva moves from UFC 173 to May 31 in Brazil
A light-heavyweight bout between Chael Sonnen (28-14-1 MMA, 7-6 UFC) and Wanderlei Silva (35-12-1 MMA, 5-7 UFC) will no longer co-headline UFC 173. Link
- With clean bill of health, Claude Patrick seeks return at UFC 174 in Vancouver
The whereabouts of UFC welterweight Claude Patrick have been a mystery since he withdrew from a schedule bout against James Head at UFC 149 in July 2012. Link
- ONE FC Signs Undefeated Indonesian Featherweight Fransino Tirta
ONE FC on Thursday announced the signing of the most sought after free agent in Asia, undefeated Indonesian featherweight Fransino Tirta. Link
- Invicta re-stocks on 115ers and others
Invicta has took the first step to replacing the top tier strawweight talent that will be entering the TUF House. Link
- Patrick Cummins signs with UFC, faces Daniel Cormier at UFC 170
Link Cummins made his professional debut in December 2010, scoring a TKO win under the Strikeforce banner. He’s competed a total of four times, with all four bouts ending via first-round stoppage....
- Ian McCall out at UFC Fight Night 37, replacement opponent sought for Brad Pickett
Flyweight Ian McCall has been forced to withdraw from next month’s UFC Fight Night 37 event, and promotion officials are currently seeking a replacement opponent for Brad Pickett. Link
- UFC announces 'The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America,' series films in Las Vegas
The next international version of “The Ultimate Fighter” will feature 16 Latin American hopefuls vying for a UFC deal. Link
- Junior dos Santos doesn’t care about Alistair Overeem, wants Stipe Miocic
If you were hoping Junior dos Santos would blast Alistair Overeem for reportedly turning down two fights against him, think again. Link
- UFC champ Ronda Rousey says marijuana testing is ‘invasion of privacy’
UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is firmly against marijuana testing in MMA. Link
- Tatsuya Kawajiri returns at UFC Fight Night 39, faces Clay Guida in Abu Dhabi
A Featherweight contest has now been booked for the UFC’s return visit to Abu Dhabi, where the event is scheduled to take place April 11th at the Yas Island venue. Link
- Mike Constantino named Cage Fury Fighting Championships president
Renowned MMA coach Mike Constantino is adding a new title to his resume: president. Link
- Cage Warriors 64 weigh-in results: Five fighters miss mark on first attempts
The scale was not kind to a handful of fighters on Cage Warriors Fighting Championship’s first event of 2014. Link
- Francis Carmont: Lyoto Machida undeserving of title shot with UFC Fight Night 36 win
Francis Carmont doesn’t agree with all the talk about Lyoto Machida potentially receiving a middleweight title shot if he can get past Gegard Mousasi in Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 36 headliner. Link
- Dana White confirms UFC is developing universal uniforms for all fighters to wear
It may soon be time to say goodbye to fighters in Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) wearing different brands of gear when entering the Octagon, as UFC President Dana White confirmed on Thursday...
- Ben Askren lashes out at Dana White over Pat Cummins signing
ONE FC welterweight and former Bellator champion Ben Askren took to Twitter to vent about the UFC's decision to sign Pat Cummins, who fights Daniel Cormier next week at UFC 170. Link
- Dana White: Jose Aldo vs. Anthony Pettis fight may have to wait
According to UFC president Dana White, If UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis is unable to fight in July, Jose Aldo may need to defend his featherweight title. Link
- UFC Fight Night 36 weigh-in results: Machida-Mousasi, Souza-Carmont official
JARAGUA DO SUL – MMAjunkie was on scene and reporting live from today’s UFC Fight Night 36 fighter weigh-ins, where all but one competitor made weight on their first attempts. Link
- Dana White buries Alistair Overeem, calls Ronda Rousey the biggest star in UFC history
Dana White is a Ronda Rousey fan. Alistair Overeem? Not so much. Link
- Bellator & Gilbert Melendez Agree on Structure to Bring Top Lightweight To Bellator
Bellator & Gilbert Melendez Agree on Structure to Bring Top Lightweight To Bellator UFC Now Holds Right to Match Offer Newport Beach, Calif. (February 14, 2014) – At 22-3, Gilbert Melendez sits atop...
- After renal colic, UFC Fight Night 36's Rodridgo Damm now permanent lightweight
Rodridgo Damm said he’ll never fight at featherweight again after a horrific weight cut canceled his previous UFC bout. Link
- Roxanne Modafferi and Peggy Morgan Head Long List of New Invicta FC Signings
Invicta Fighting Championships on Friday announced the addition of 15 new fighters to its all-female roster. The 15 new athletes are spread across all five of the current weight classes the promotion...
- Tito Ortiz Steps Down as Cris Cyborg’s Manager
Former UFC light heavyweight champion and UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz stepped down as Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino‘s manager effectively immediately. Ortiz appeared on “Inside MMA” on AXS TV on Friday...
- Stephan Bonnar to serve as color analyst for Titan Fighting Championship
Stephan Bonnar is returning to MMA commentary. The UFC Hall of Famer has been hired as a color analyst for Titan Fighting Championship and will call the promotion's upcoming show, Titan FC 27, Feb....
- UFC Fight Night 36 Bonuses: Machida, Mousasi, Silva, Oliveira Earn $50K Awards
Four men took home an extra $50,000 for their efforts Saturday night at UFC Fight Night 36, including middleweight headliners Lyoto Machida and Gegard Mousasi, who shared “Fight of the Night” honors....